Waterloo (Blu-ray Limited Edition) [UK]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: June 14, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price:
£18.99 (Amazon) - £20.99 (Zavvi) - £21.99 (HMV)
Note: First time on Blu-ray in the UK. Limited to 5000 copies

81Hy3Wn1klL._AC_SX342_.jpg
Waterloo.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
On hearing no 4K release...

View attachment 501377

Sweeping battle scenes...,
Dolby Atmos sound re-mix...
Rod Steiger, Christopher Plummer, Jack Hawkins, Orson Welles, et al
But 'Troll's World Tour' gets a freakin' 4K release :mad:
Well, War and Peace is the more important film and even that release wasn't 4K.
Waterloo is W&P's little brother.
It would be nice to have them both in 4K but…EF6532B2-0FFD-4ECA-8933-1983F7190FA3.gif

Reactions: MrSquifler
Artwork up, & Special Features listed -

Waterloo.jpg

Special Features:

New 30-minute documentary on the making of Waterloo with previously unseen photos and behind-the-scenes footage

Brand new audio commentary by Simon Lewis- author of the forthcoming book Waterloo- The Making of an Epic and actor Richard Heffer

Waterloo Re-enactment footage France 2015

Theatrical Trailer

English subtitles

Limited Edition Blu-Ray:

Hardbound slipcase featuring newly commissioned artwork

Perfect-bound booklet of original 1970 Waterloo Souvenir Brochure

Reversible poster featuring the film original poster and Blu-ray original artwork

6 collectors' art cards

I have the Imprint (love it) but may double dip, as MediumRare are pretty good at providing quality releases.
You greedy bastard. :LOL: ;)
I only found out about Imprint a little while ago - so, needless to say, I missed quite a few of their limited edition slipcovers.
(most painful- missing their slipcover edition of THE DUELLISTS).

• Wow
Reactions: Grendel
Yikes, sad to hear ya missed out on that one my Buddy.
It's very nice indeed.
I jumped on Imprint's releases at Day 1 after seeing some of my fave '50s sci-fi in their mix (War of the Worlds, Worlds Collide, I Married a Monster) and took the opportunity to grab Duellists and a few of their other lovely titles.
They stopped shipping to Canada for a while last Fall (not sure about now) so missed Dundee. Fortunately, the great folks at Arrow are rectifying that scenario!
I hope you have opportunity to pick it up eventually! :thumbs:

Reactions: C.C. 95
Yikes, sad to hear ya missed out on that one my Buddy.
It's very nice indeed.
I jumped on Imprint's releases at Day 1 after seeing some of my fave '50s sci-fi in their mix (War of the Worlds, Worlds Collide, I Married a Monster) and took the opportunity to grab Duellists and a few of their other lovely titles.
They stopped shipping to Canada for a while last Fall (not sure about now) so missed Dundee. Fortunately, the great folks at Arrow are rectifying that scenario!
I hope you have opportunity to pick it up eventually! :thumbs:
Strangely - DeepDiscountDVD carries a bunch if the Imorint releases! (I know. It's the last place I would expect that! But that's where I bought my copy of the Imprint slipcover release of DEAD AGAIN).

Strangely - DeepDiscountDVD carries a bunch if the Imorint releases! (I know. It's the last place I would expect that! But that's where I bought my copy of the Imprint slipcover release of DEAD AGAIN).

Back in the day DDD used to be place one could find cheap criterion dvd's. Well at least I did ...

Reactions: Grendel and C.C. 95
Back in the day DDD used to be place one could find cheap criterion dvd's. Well at least I did ...
I still check over there - just to see if there are any bargains. The DEAD AGAIN Imprint disc wasn't measurably cheaper - but I also didn't have to have it shipped from Australia!
(although, DDD didn't carry some of the other titles for preorder, so I did have to order thise direct from Imprint).
BTW- Diabolik DVD is also carrying Imprint titles.

I'm bummed out that this isn't going to be the original four hour version.
Associate producer Richard C. Meyer, the longest version is the 132 minute version.
This has been confirmed by Vladimir Dorsal, the film's First Assistant and later the head of Mosfilm in Moscow.
He says that they only have the 132m version in their vaults

There was a rough cut that was 4 hours but they didn't make a dupe of this rough cut so it does not exist

Associate producer Richard C. Meyer, the longest version is the 132 minute version.
This has been confirmed by Vladimir Dorsal, the film's First Assistant and later the head of Mosfilm in Moscow.
He says that they only have the 132m version in their vaults

There was a rough cut that was 4 hours but they didn't make a dupe of this rough cut so it does not exist
*The four hour version was the version released to theaters in Russia.
I always assume special edition releases are the restored cuts. It's too bad it's not the case here.

*this is according to film historian Leonard Maltin.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrSquifler