Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: October 24, 2022 February 27, 2023
Purchase links: BFI Shop - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £29.99

61t4Nngl6pL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
An apocalyptic vision pushes a group of rabbits to abandon their warren in search of a new home, in this landmark British animation.
Richard Adams’ timeless novel is brought brilliantly to life as Hazel, Fiver and Bigwig tackle the brutal realities of the rural world - and mankind’s devastating impact on it - as they lead their colony to the utopian Watership Down.
Newly restored in 4K by the BFI and Silver Salt Restoration, using the original 35mm negative and stereo audio tracks, this landmark animation is presented in Ultra High Definition for the very first time.
Featuring an acclaimed voice cast (including John Hurt and Denholm Elliott), a powerful score by composer Angela Morley and the hit single ‘Bright Eyes’ by Art Garfunkel, Watership Down is a thrilling tale of adventure, courage and resilience that continues to enthral new and old audiences alike.

• Defining a Style (2005): short featurette about the film’s aesthetic
  • A Conversation with the filmmakers (2005)
  • Storyboard comparison
  • Super 8 version of the film
  • Trailer
  • TV Spots
  • Newly created optional English subtitles for the Deaf and partial hearing
  • Newly created audio description track
  • Double-sided poster featuring the original UK quad and the 2022 re-release artwork
  • A set of four postcards featuring iconic scenes from the film
  • Perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by Jez Stewart and Catherine Lester
  • Newly commissioned sleeve art by Andrew Bannister
  • **All extras are TBC and subject to change**

Reactions: Ashisarobot
I like the way BFI have clearly taken lessons from Arrow for their packaging which is great. With Get Carter this week and now Ghost Stories for Christmas coming on blu-ray. Happy days.
it sure looks a nice set. :thumbs: not sure if i'm buying it, yet, though.

@snow flake yeah, the kind of 'children's film' they have not made for a long time - beautifully drawn, engaging, but traumatic in parts, and challenging. i watched it the other day and still found some bits harder than expected. :wow: watching as a child clearly had an impact! :LOL:

it sure looks a nice set. :thumbs: not sure if i'm buying it, yet, though.

@snow flake yeah, the kind of 'children's film' they have not made for a long time - beautifully drawn, engaging, but traumatic in parts, and challenging. i watched it the other day and still found some bits harder than expected. :wow: watching as a child clearly had an impact! :LOL:
Plenty of time to get the pot ready for the stew. No hurry

Release delayed until February 27, 2023. No information, as yet, for the delay.

It ain't no 4K and it ain't no region free, man. You know ... :naughty:
Criterion BDs look as good, as any so called '4K' released afterwards, and region problem shouldn't exist for a collector. It's basically 2 regions now, not 6 like was with DVD, so don't even have to buy a multiregion player, just a second one from another country.

Criterion BDs look as good, as any so called '4K' released afterwards, and region problem shouldn't exist for a collector. It's basically 2 regions now, not 6 like was with DVD, so don't even have to buy a multiregion player, just a second one from another country.

... you sayin' I'm not a collector ?

ready-to-fight-bruce-lee.gif

Weird …. Forgot i had an order in with amazon uk for this, just thought it would get cancelled automatically but I’ve just looked and it says arriving Saturday !! Checked the asin no B0B8BBH2VR and it’s still for this item but confused. Anyone else noticed this?
ive cancelled and will wait for amazon to sort but weird or what!

Last edited:
Weird …. Forgot i had an order in with amazon uk for this, just thought it would get cancelled automatically but I’ve just looked and it says arriving Saturday !! Checked the asin no B0B8BBH2VR and it’s still for this item but confused. Anyone else noticed this?
wow, keep us posted!

Have you had payment taken
If no then the order still been listed in your order history just means Amazon not got around yet to cancelling your order

Reactions: snow flake