Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 22, 2019
Purchase link: Diabolikdvd - Amazon
Price: $34.99
Notes: 3 Discs (Theatrical cut (135:06) - US TV cut (176:01) - Ulysses cut (177:12)

ef02ad10-6882-43c5-bc67-b218c0f5fb9b.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bodhisattva
TWO-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• New restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, presenting the film in three cuts
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Six collector’s postcards
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Limited edition 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by David J. Moore and Daniel Griffith, archival articles and original reviews
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
DISC ONE – THE THEATRICAL CUT

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the original theatrical cut
  • Maelstrom: The Odyssey of Waterworld, an all-new, feature-length making-of documentary including extensive cast and crew interviews and behind the scenes footage
  • Original archival featurette capturing the film's production
  • Global Warnings, film critic Glenn Kenny explores the subgenre of ecologically aware Hollywood blockbusters
  • Production and promotional stills gallery
  • Visual effects stills gallery
  • Original trailers and TV spots
DISC TWO – THE EXTENDED CUTS [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the extended US TV cut, which runs over 40 minutes longer than the theatrical cut
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the extended European “Ulysses” cut, which includes censored shots and dialogue

I wish I could get this in limited edition format without all the packaging. Need those extra cuts but without losing half my shelf space...

Reactions: LoStAlIvE
no 4k no sale :(
It's to expensive for independent distributors to do 4K UHD when they don't own the rights to the film
There is not enough uptake of 4K UHD discs yet

These releases are distribution licences from film studios the licence is for Blu-ray releases

This is a 4K scan remaster

If you want 4K UHD you will have to wait for Universal the film studio to do a release if they decide on doing one

So, is this also going to be a 3 BD release, like the UK version, or will remain a 2-discer?

THREE-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Three cuts of the film newly restored from original film elements by Arrow Films
  • Original 5.1 DTSHD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Six collector’s postcards
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Limited edition 60-page perfect bound book featuring new writing on the film by David J. Moore and Daniel Griffith, and archival articles
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
DISC ONE – THE THEATRICAL CUT
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the original theatrical cut
  • Maelstrom: The Odyssey of Waterworld, an all-new, feature-length making-of documentary including extensive cast and crew interviews and behind the scenes footage
  • Dances With Waves, an original archival featurette capturing the film’s production
  • Global Warnings, film critic Glenn Kenny explores the subgenre of ecologically themed end-of-the-world films
  • Production and promotional stills gallery
  • Visual effects stills gallery
  • Original trailers and TV spots
DISC TWO – THE TV CUT [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the extended US TV cut, which runs over 40 minutes longer than the theatrical cut
DISC THREE – THE “ULYSSES” CUT [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the extended European “Ulysses” cut, which include previously censored shots and dialogue

UK and USA release the same 3 Discs

Only difference is US release won't have the BBFC age rating logo's

Yeah, thanks. I've checked their official US website back then, and saw that it is indeed 3-discs, and just Amazon hasn't updated the description, so I've kept my old preorder.