Weathering with You (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (R's Company Limited Edition) [Korea]

CleverLoginName

Ordnung muss sein.
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Release date: February 25, 2022
Purchase links: Nova Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenti - Kimchi Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenti (Pre-order on January 17, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $49.99

EB82A0EC94A8EC9D98EC9584EC9DB4-EC8AA4ED8BB8EBB681BD-ECA285ED95A9ED8CA9EC83B7-ED8380EC9E85A-EC8...jpgEB82A0EC94A8EC9D98EC9584EC9DB4-EC8AA4ED8BB8EBB681BD-ECA285ED95A9ED8CA9EC83B7-ED8380EC9E85B-EC8...jpgEB82A0EC94A8EC9D98EC9584EC9DB4-EC8AA4ED8BB8EBB681BD-ECA285ED95A9ED8CA9EC83B7-EBA08CED8BB0ED819...jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tha_lunatic
Is anyone else bothered by the big squarish rating logo that the Korea issues recently adopted? It's like Germany's except that it's printed, thus not removable. It was so much better when it was just a small green, yellow or red round sticker. Now it's so prominent.
Noticed that... I agree: it's terrible...

I looked under their audio tab and coukdnt find what I was looking for. Does anyone know if this comes with english dub?

Sadly not, no. That should be expected with these type of releases though.
Why though? There is no reason these shouldn't come with the English dubs, especially as movies like this have exceptionally good English dubs. Hell have you watched some of the Ghibli movies with the english dub? Phil Hartman killed it as Jiji the cat?

Why though? There is no reason these shouldn't come with the English dubs, especially as movies like this have exceptionally good English dubs. Hell have you watched some of the Ghibli movies with the english dub? Phil Hartman killed it as Jiji the cat?
They're for the korean market... and the films are not natively in English... why on earth WOULD they come with the English dub? English dub discs are typically only available in countries where English is the primary language, i.e nowhere in asia.

Reactions: RMA
They're for the korean market... and the films are not natively in English... why on earth WOULD they come with the English dub? English dub discs are typically only available in countries where English is the primary language, i.e nowhere in asia.
I disagree with this. Asian film is exploding here in the US in popularity, so why wouldn’t you take advantage of the market that we have to offer? I don't Mind subs, but I feel like I’m missing the movie when I’m constantly having to focus on the bottom of the screen to read.

I have another conversation going on in the “your name” thread, and I’m probably just going to buy this set and replace the discs. I hate to do this because the discs that come with these are beautifu, and it’s going to cost me another $40 to replace both discs (your name and weathering with you), but I’ve been waiting for a premium to be released for these movies that I love.

I disagree with this. Asian film is exploding here in the US in popularity, so why wouldn’t you take advantage of the market that we have to offer? I don't Mind subs, but I feel like I’m missing the movie when I’m constantly having to focus on the bottom of the screen to read.
Simply put, you're not their intended market. That's why :rofl:

Anyway, as an English speaker I do agree, r.e distracting subs... but you're both missing the point here. This is a Korean release of a Japanese film.. neither of those countries benefit from an English soundtrack, ergo there isn't one. Just the native track and a dub for the intended country of release.

That format is usual the world over. It would be the equivalent of expecting a US only release of an English film, to have a German dub on it... It just doesn't happen unless it's a shared release, which this surely is not.

The english dub is only available in English speaking countries, which is the norm tbh. We're lucky there's English subtitles. Try importing JP anime from most non English European countries and you'll find there's often only subtitles native to the country of the intended release.

Last edited:
Simply put, you're not their intended market. That's why :rofl:

Anyway, as an English speaker I do agree, r.e distracting subs... but you're both missing the point here. This is a Korean release of a Japanese film.. neither of those countries benefit from an English soundtrack, ergo there isn't one. Just the native track and a dub for the intended country of release.

That format is usual the world over. It would be the equivalent of expecting a US only release of an English film, to have a German dub on it... It just doesn't happen unless it's a shared release, which this surely is not.

The english dub is only available in English speaking countries, which is the norm tbh. We're lucky there's English subtitles. Try importing JP anime from most non English European countries and you'll find there's often only subtitles native to the country of the intended release.
But it's not like they have to make an English dub for it. It is already there. And its not like I have an issue with the Japanese dub with English subs. I enjoy both.

But it's not like they have to make an English dub for it. It is already there. And its not like I have an issue with the Japanese dub with English subs. I enjoy both.
It's not already "there" though, that's the thing. It isn't available on any disc within the country this release is being distributed. Just because it's available somewhere else in the world, via a different distributor, it doesn't mean they've got access to it.

Last edited:
It's not already "there" though, that's the thing. It isn't available on any disc within the country this release is being distributed. Just because it's available somewhere else in the world, via a different distributor, it doesn't mean they've got access to it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, let's assume Eng dub was available in Korea, space on the disc could also be an issue... or not?

Correct me if I'm wrong, let's assume Eng dub was available in Korea, space on the disc could also be an issue... or not?
Potentially, yes. The film is not that long, but if it's a relatively high bit rate, on a 66gb disc, it could be short on spare space. Especially as it already has 2 lossless soundtracks (Japanese and Korean) on there already, a 3rd could be one too many.

Reactions: RMA and Mokum
You may disagree but samdavies is right

Reactions: RMA