Westworld (HBO Series - Season 1) (Blu-ray Steelbook) (Best Buy) [USA]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
READ MORE ABOUT THE 4K - ULTRA HD EDITION AT THIS THREAD -
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...son-1-possible-tin-case-4k-blu-ray-usa.87132/

Release date: November 7, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $49.99 $44.99
SKU: 5967515
westworld-jpg.320898

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings HBO’s most-watched new series to Blu-ray, DVD and groundbreaking 4K Ultra HD on November 7, 2017. Featuring all 10 episodes from the series’ acclaimed first season, plus immersive never-before-seen special features, including three all new featurettes and a gag reel, Westworld: Season One is priced to own at $49.99 SRP for the DVD, $54.97 SRP for the Blu-ray and $64.99 SRP for the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo-Pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
So there is a steelbook release
Is this just standard Blu-ray as in 3 Discs

Is the 4K UHD release with 6 discs a metal tin packaging or it now also a steelbook

Warner are the distributor for this TV series on Blu-ray so it's very possible a steelbook release in a few countries

Wait, so there are going to be a steelbook AND a tincase for this?
The Best Buy preorder is for the steelbook I assume. Does anyone know? :wow:

Hey folks, since there are two listings, I've created a new thread just for the 4K UHD edition and added the link to the OP. When we get closer, we'll know more, but for now I think it's very clear there will be a steelbook edition for the standard blu-ray edition.

I've moved some of the other discussion to this thread, if you are looking for your post.

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...son-1-possible-tin-case-4k-blu-ray-usa.87132/

The artwork has been removed from Best Buy, so it's posting may have been a bit premature.

Yes, as mentioned above, de-bossing is surely the way to go with this artwork reflecting the maze symbols throughout the show either carved, ploughed, drawn or fashioned into this form:-
c74ab130-7ea5-0134-ce11-0aec1efe63a9.png

... . and seen on tarot cards, on a branding iron, ploughed into a field, drawn into the ground, on coffins and a table top, and inside the scalp of Kissy the Indian:-

Last edited:
That looks good to me. I love the series and the debossing really works on this.

I hope the UK one comes with a booklet. I was hoping it would be here already seeing as it was dispatched from HMV on Wednesday.

Not sure about it. Doesn't really reflect the essence of the series. Would have rather loved something like WW's Vetruvian man on it (like on the digipak version).

Also, not sure about the maze symbol. This would require Season 2 to have a similarly important symbol for the S2 steelbook. If not, the designs of the seasons would differ too much in style.

Not sure about it. Doesn't really reflect the essence of the series. Would have rather loved something like WW's Vetruvian man on it (like on the digipak version).

Also, not sure about the maze symbol. This would require Season 2 to have a similarly important symbol for the S2 steelbook. If not, the designs of the seasons would differ too much in style.

I think it's fine considering the byline for the season is 'The Maze'. I'm not worried too much about matching steels for series but that's just me. True Detective season 2 didn't even get a steel to go with the first one.

Those photos look really good. I got the standard (UK) edition in the mail and was very impressed. Nice hardboard outer box with spot gloss and came with booklet and episode guide. The box itself has that weird almost-velvet feel. Unfortunately the glue attaching the backing card left 4 little discoloration marks when removed. "Not the end of the world," I thought, but then I tried removing the BBFC certifications stickers. The Irish one came off and again left a mark while the British one left all of its glue on the cover. No way I can get it off. I tried the stickers on the spine but they made an even bigger mess. Back to Amazon it goes. Im not sure whether to now buy the US version so all I need to worry about is the backing card glue (maybe I can heat it up with a hairdryer to see if it makes a difference), or go for the steelbooks now I know how well done it is and that it comes with booklet.