What do you do with the info cards?

Where do you keep your info sheets/cards?

• Keep with the steelbook?

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Throw away?

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Keep safe away from steelbook?

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Throw away?

• Other?

• Throw away?

• Other?

• Total voters

iheartsteel

Premium Supporter
Sep 27, 2012
Midlands, UK
I'm relatively new to steel book collecting. As my collection grows I'm getting more and more frustrated on what to do with the info sheets/cards! I'm currently keeping them with the steelbook in a clear plastic sleeve wrap. However some of the card loops that freely move up and down the steelbook such as predator/Prometheus/terminator don't fit in the sleeves very well and cover the spine partly!

I was just interested in how and where other people keep their info cards?

I'm thinking about getting a little box to save them all in incase I ever want/need to sell/trade them in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
I throw them in a box and forget about them. The only reason I keep them is in case I decide to sell the Steelbook. A lot of collectors prefer to have them, but it doesn't really bother me. The information on the data sheet is freely available on forums like this so I don't need them.

I really like the data sheets, as they allow me to open the shrink wrap with a knife :)
Afterwards, I throw them away

I always keep mine with the Steelbook! The only time I don't keep them is when they are paper and are ripped or torn when removing them from the Steel.

Last edited:
Do you throw them away because you never plan on selling them? Do you think not having the info card will affect the resale price massively?

I don't think it would make a huge difference to the resale price but it would affect it. A lot of collectors like to have the Steelbook and data sheet together, if there was no info card I'm sure it would put some people off.

Reactions: iheartsteel
I don't think it would make a huge difference to the resale price but it would affect it. A lot of collectors like to have the Steelbook and data sheet together, if there was no info card I'm sure it would put some people off.

Thanks for that. I defo wont throw away the one's I have. I have got some off eBay without the data sheet so no choice there. I will stow them away safely because I'm starting to not like them covering some of the steelbook experience!

I keep them all in a box as well...I like to see the back artwork of the steel!

I toss mine. When I buy a steelbook or collectors edition it's because it's something I really want and wouldn't think to sell later on.

Personally, I throw them away, keeping it with the steelbook is silly IMHO. It's like buying the latest smartphone and using one of those cheap plastic $1 covers. I like to see the beauty of the steelbook in its entirety.

I just throw them away as well. I more often than not I open the steelbook to look at the beauty of it (rather than to watchthe film) so don't want to cover it up again. I have no reason to keep it either.

As said by other members i keep them you never know when they might be needed if you sell or trade at a later date :)

Complete accessories is a factor in terms of trade and resell.

Having been opened is a different thing - that causes major downfall in resell factor.

Dont really want to sell mine on but who knows what is around the corner in life so i keep mine seperate in a container in case one day i have to sell sell them.