What is the most "rare" or "expensive" Collectible you own?

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Chime in!

DB

Attachments

• rare1.jpg
    rare1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
I have a few single figure numbered video game CE's but nothing as rare as some of the things in this thread. Rambo would probably be my rarest steel

But that prime figure looks simply stunning

Most expensive item: Terminator 3 - Endoskull DVD-player
Origin: Japan
Price: 830 EUR
More info: http://discjunkie.se/index.php?page=viewdetails&id=195

image.php

Most expensive blu-ray: The Matrix Trilogy - Limited Edition "Nebuchadnezzar" Box Set
Origin: Japan
Price: 391 EUR
More info: http://discjunkie.se/index.php?page=viewdetails&id=312

image.php

Most expensive DVD (that just has a trailer on it): The Dark Knight - Press Kit
Origin: America
Price: 216 EUR
More info: http://discjunkie.se/index.php?page=viewdetails&id=260

image.php

The most expensive DVD (that actually has a full movie on it): Minority Report - Limited Edition "Golden Globe Awards" Special Screener Briefcase (yeah I'm just mashing words in)
Origin: America
Price: 199 EUR (bought in bits and pieces from various sources)
More info: http://discjunkie.se/index.php?page=viewdetails&id=207

image.php

The most expensive VHS: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - IFS Pre-cert Rental (in Super 8 box)
Origin: UK
Price: 248 EUR
More info: http://discjunkie.se/index.php?page=viewdetails&id=424

image.php

:D

It's only a matter of dedication and budget anyway. Miz loves his hardboxes, in that department he's impossible to beat. You on the other hand are hard to beat for boxsets and other special editions. chipvideo in here is hard to beat for steelbooks. And there's another guy, whose name I've forgot, who'd be hard to beat for figurines and movies memorabilia.

And so on :)

All in all, it's what you do with your time and budget and what it brings you that only matters.

I'm sure somewhere there are plenty of guys with 3 or 4 steels, or 4 or 5 boxsets who are way happier than us in the end of the day, and don't have the pokemon complex "gotta have them all".

My collection mainly consists of Terminator items. My most rare and expensive piece in the collection is my Sideshow 1:1 scale Endoarm, but in addition to this I have also had a custom aluminium base and tube made for it by Russ from RussReplicas.

I also have Russ' T-800 CPU replicas (both regular and broken) as well as his custom made CPU chip in glass case and stand

I'll get some pictures taken soon :)

wow 4000 $ for the huge iron transformers statue ?! awesome !!!

Nobody here has got any rare comics book 1st edition ?!!!

My most valuable (of course there is my 1 year old television but who cares) item is a pair of sneakers the " air force 1 lux anaconda & gold" made in italia and limited to 150 pairs maximum. It costed me (tax included) 900 € ...

I have many DVD / Blu-Ray sets very limited so of course very rare :

Inuyasha DVD Set with figure (2 kinds) France release : limited to 100 pieces
Coco avant Chanel Blu-Ray Box Set from Colette France release : 100 pieces
Rocky Anthology Blu-Ray Box Set France release : 100 pieces but only 80 to customers Amazon.fr exclusive
Immortel DVD Limited Edition 2095 pieces but i have one of the special 350 reserved to the press !!!
The 3 "Les Années Laser" Blu-Ray Movie Set are very rare too, no idea how much pieces but i think it's crazy : costed me 30 € all of them, can't find one less than 50 € now ...
Spiel Mir Das Lied vom Tod is mine too the Wooden box edition from Germany : no idea how many pieces too but it was on sale one by one on amazon.de

And so many rare limited dvd or blu ray box set limited to around 1000 pieces ; figures and exclusive sneakers i have in my home ... i am proud of everything, and i don't think i spent so much ...

Will put pictures soon of some stuff ... :)

I didn't know where this fits but I have an amazing spiderman #13 near mint and my pride and joy, #14 near mint. Those of you that don't know, these are holy books in the comic world.

Reactions: tridon
I would be in the majority by picking Iron Man FS. Although if I decide to get the new sideshow Thor hammer that might get close.... but Im thinking on getting it at this point.

The rarest collectible I have is a prop fat-suit from Arrested Development. David Cross used it for his Mrs. Featherbottom disguise and can be seen on-screen in 2 different episodes...

attachment.php

The rarest movie I have is a DVD of Hot Blooded...

003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: spawnshop
If it counts, this is definitely one of my favourite pieces:
632221141904386527551111.jpg

Screen used Ramona's corset from the last fight scene in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. This is actually a picture from the auction, I still have it packed up as I haven't found an appropriate bust to display it properly yet.

Non-movie related, my favourite piece is probably the AFI - All Hallows EP test press (5 copies made):
297879101503014409623695.jpg

paid around $550, but it's easily worth $800-$1000.

I believe my rarest and maybe most expensive item is the Alien Head, of the 25th anniversary edition. It's being sold for over $500 in some places.

If not this one, then it's the Venom Comiquette (Sideshow) statue. It's quite hard to find. Other than that, I have only a few more somewhat rare items: Spiderman Comiquette, Predator Head and the Hogwarts Castle.

64295620.jpg

The most expensive and close to rarest that I have is the Mondo 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Print by Ken Taylor. There were 390 made, individually hand numbered and I've seen it go for around $500

20000LEAGUES.jpg

The rarest I have is the Mondo Rango Print by Tom Wahlen. It had a limited release of 270, individually hand numbered and was sold during the Academy Awards right at the time it one an Oscar.

107499_full.jpg

Last edited:
love the mondo's

Right now i have a lithograph by ralph mcquarrie, its a limited edition numbered, signed by the man himself , but mine is also signed by mark hamill, its of luke skywalker on taun taun on ice planet hoth..might be worth something in a few years???