Slipbox Wheels On Meals (Blu-ray Slipbox) [UK]

steelmybeatingheart

hasn't got time for this Mickey Mouse bulls***!
Premium Supporter
*** V I P ***
Jul 6, 2016
London
Release date: March 18, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - Eureka! - Base
Price: £14.25 (Amazon) - £15.99 (Zavvi) - £14.99 (Eureka)
Notes: Limited to 4000 copies

Wheelscover.jpg

wheelsboth.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
release is a year old, now, but couldn't find a thread for this on searching, so...

"From a brand new 2K restoration comes perhaps the greatest martial-arts comedy of all time, Sammo Hung’s Wheels on Meals, starring Hung, Jackie Chan, and Yuen Biao as the most exciting triple act in action movie history!

Fast food chefs Thomas (Chan) and David (Biao) find themselves cooking up trouble when detective Moby (Hung) involves them in the case of a missing heiress. The three friends need all of their daring and physical dexterity when they find themselves facing a triple helping of danger.

Also starring Lola Forner (Armour of God) and Benny “The Jet” Urquidez (Dragons Forever), who faces off against Chan in an incredible fight sequence that is legendary amongst martial-arts film fans, Wheels on Mealshas to be seen to be believed. Eureka Classics is extremely proud to present this iconic piece of action cinema on Blu-ray for the first time ever in the UK!"

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited edition slipcase [First print run only] [4000 Copies]
  • Stunning 1080p presentation from a brand new 2K restoration
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Original Cantonese audio track, available in both original mono (LPCM) and newly restored DTS-HD MA 5.1
  • Optional English audio from the film’s original international release, featuring an alternate (and much funkier) soundtrack, available in both original mono and 5.1
  • Alternate English dub track from the films 2006 DVD release (available in 5.1 only)
  • New and Exclusive audio option - a custom audio option featuring the original Cantonese dialogue track, but mixed with the alternate soundtrack from the international release
  • On Giant’s Shoulders – An archival interview with Sammo Hung [7 mins]
  • An additional archival interview with Sammo Hung [10 mins]
  • Born to Fight – An archival interview with Yuen Biao [15 mins]
  • Jet Fighter – An archival interview with kickboxing champion and martial-artist Benny “The Jet” Urquidez” [28 mins]
  • King of the Ring – An archival interview with martial-artist Keith Vitali [33 mins]
  • The Inside Track – An archival interview with director and action choreographer Stanley Tong [34 mins]
  • Spartan X Alternate Credits – Alternate “blooper reel” credits from the Japanese release of Wheels on Meals [aka Spartan X] – can be viewed isolated or as part of the main feature
  • Additional Outtake footage [4 mins]
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • International Release Trailer
  • Original Japanese “Spartan X” trailer
  • PLUS: A Limited Edition Collector’s Booklet featuring new essays by James Oliver and Scott Harrison [First print run only]

you probably all knew about this already, but in case you did not, calling @AlienKing @cooey @denizen @Noodles @paulboland @Rady @TheCollector86 :thumbs:

one of the best action comedies of all time - and still available, as i discovered yesterday. Eureka! continuing to mine a rich seam of martial arts remastered releases. :woot:

you probably all knew about this already, but in case you did not, calling @AlienKing @cooey @denizen @Noodles @paulboland @Rady @TheCollector86 :thumbs:

one of the best action comedies of all time - and still available, as i discovered yesterday. Eureka! continuing to mine a rich seam of martial arts remastered releases. :woot:
Thanks mate! Been out of the loop lately, so definitely appreciate the tag. Will be in for this for sure! Never seen the film, but heard lots of good things about it. In fact, I still need to check out the other Jackie Chan Eureka releases I picked up some months ago.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Thanks mate! Been out of the loop lately, so definitely appreciate the tag. Will be in for this for sure! Never seen the film, but heard lots of good things about it. In fact, I still need to check out the other Jackie Chan Eureka releases I picked up some months ago.
fight scenes are awesome ...last time I saw this movie was, when I was teenager. will add this to my collection.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
happy days. :) unboxing below for those with an interest. currently still available everywhere except zavvi, with base and amazon the cheapest at time of posting. so, what's this like? :wow:

anyone who's got any of the previous Eureka! martial arts remasters will recognise the drill, here. a good remaster, loads of variant soundtracks and dubs (as well, of course, as the original language versions), some good extras and a detailed booklet. here's the front and back unsealed and the amaray inside:
they lose a few points for having the same image on the amaray, but this is in common with some of the other releases. all parts of the release are pleasingly equal on shots of Chan, Hung and Biao, much like the film, and you can tell it's been compiled by a fan as well as a retailer. here's the amaray opened up, with the disc and interior art:
finally the booklet. it's stapled and packed with loads of interesting stuff. here are some booklet shots :Snap::
this is another great release in Eureka's burgeoning martial arts releases. got most of them, now :drool: (except City Hunter - i love Chan, but it's not one i want to own).

if you are still undecided, i'd recommend getting this, and so would Benny and Jackie! :thumbs: