When Marnie Was There (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: April 13, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £17.99 (Zavvi) - £19.99 (HMV) - £20 (Amazon)

Marnie.jpg

Marnie open.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No info regarding retailer exclusivity.
Pre-ordered, but so hoping for a price drop :dunno:

(thinking unlikely to sell out & should be discounted later, but....)

I cannot believe this is finally getting the steel treatment, I was on the fence so long for the Italian one, but the fact that it doesn't even include Eng subs had me pass on it and grab the standard amaray instead. But definitely in for this one.

And like everyone else, of course I'm in for this on day one :thumbs:

Given this and Yamadas, how many more are left to release?

Considering the last Ghibli steelbook I bought from Amazon cost £18 - compared to Zavvi's price of £15.99 - I'd say that Amazon is definitely taking the piss here with their £25 pricing on the latest two.

Reactions: GeoRattray
'From up on Poppy Hill', maybe 'The Castle of Cagliostro'.
Not many more. that's for sure
+ Ocean Waves ;)

Perhaps a weird thing to say, but I honestly hope that they won't release Cagliostro as part of this collection, just to keep it Ghibli (unlike the Spansih digibook releases :/). Nausicaä's understandable of course as we all know, but Cagliostro's a bit much in my opinion at least. What's next, Panda! Go, Panda! steelbook (wouldn't mind though, at least that one has Takahata & Miyazaki :rofl:)?

Reactions: Scraggy
+ Ocean Waves ;)

Perhaps a weird thing to say, but I honestly hope that they won't release Cagliostro as part of this collection, just to keep it Ghibli (unlike the Spansih digibook releases :/). Nausicaä's understandable of course as we all know, but Cagliostro's a bit much in my opinion at least. What's next, Panda! Go, Panda! steelbook (wouldn't mind though, at least that one has Takahata & Miyazaki :rofl:)?
I was surprised, pleasantly, when 'The Red Turtle' was included in this collection.
Appreciate very much, though, Studio canal for keeping the same design throughout this series. These will be numbers 19, & 20, representing a 30 year film production run (don't know when the Steelbook series started).
These timeless classics deserve that consistency

I was surprised, pleasantly, when 'The Red Turtle' was included in this collection.
Appreciate very much, though, Studio canal for keeping the same design throughout this series. These will be numbers 19, & 20, representing a 30 year film production run (don't know when the Steelbook series started).
Yup The Red Turtle was great, it was very cool to see them really going for a complete Ghibli collection. And it's really crazy that they've almost pulled the series through with the same design! Hats off to them indeed.

+ Ocean Waves ;)

I hope they do, it's such a great film.

What was the first one in this steelbook series ? I may have the invoice ...

Reactions: Paperinukke