When Marnie Was There (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: April 13, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £17.99 (Zavvi) - £19.99 (HMV) - £20 (Amazon)

Marnie.jpg

Marnie open.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
This pair are really getting around the suppliers :p

Think it was only the original wave of four that got a trade wide release and then the others have switched between Amazon and Zavvi, if I remember correctly

Really don't get the exclusivity, or lack of, with each of the titles in this collection
Hmm yeah, it's a strange one. The print runs are another big question... some sold out fairly quickly, whilst others have been around for a while.

Not that I'm complaining or anything though... I love this wave of matching steels and have been lucky enough to get the complete collection so far.

Hmm yeah, it's a strange one. The print runs are another big question... some sold out fairly quickly, whilst others have been around for a while.

Not that I'm complaining or anything though... I love this wave of matching steels and have been lucky enough to get the complete collection so far.

Some titles are well known and liked outside anime scene, like Porco Rosso. That may be one reason some selling out and some not ...

Some titles are well known and liked outside anime scene, like Porco Rosso. That may be one reason some selling out and some not ...
True. I guess not everyone is a completist like myself... I haven't even heard of the majority of these Ghibli films to be honest, but I've enjoyed what I have seen of them so far, so am obviously interested to check out the rest. :D

True. I guess not everyone is a completist like myself... I haven't even heard of the majority of these Ghibli films to be honest, but I've enjoyed what I have seen of them so far, so am obviously interested to check out the rest. :D
I know where you're coming from. I had heard of most but had barely seen any and started buying a couple on Blu-ray but then once the steels started releasing I held off in the hope that they would continue the collection. Luckily, that does seem to be the case now and I'm glad that, unlike most 'collections', they haven't changed the style part way through. Will be quite the collection when its finished

Reactions: Scraggy and Noodles
Yeah, very hard to see everyone getting all the steelbooks to be honest, I wouldn't if I didn't love Ghibli so much because I already own multiple copies anyway lol. But certainly there are many people who just wanted Spirited Away, Mononoke or some other immensely popular Ghibli instead of Pom Poko haha.

Yeah, very hard to see everyone getting all the steelbooks to be honest, I wouldn't if I didn't love Ghibli so much because I already own multiple copies anyway lol. But certainly there are many people who just wanted Spirited Away, Mononoke or some other immensely popular Ghibli instead of Pom Poko haha.

I happen to truly love Pom Poko. Yes, it's weird and then some. :naughty: But for example the parade scenes are freaking awesome !

giphy.gif

...note Kiki is there too ! Cool ... :thanks:

I'm one of them collectors that have them all :thumbs:

I didn't have them on any other legal media, seen a few, such as Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Yamada's, Naussica, Kiki, visited Japan and been to the Ghibli Museum back in the early naughty's and a sucker for extended collections in continued artistic direction :D

I must be one of a few, not sure there's a mass market that would support huge numbers on releases. Why this is being released across multiple vendors is interesting, that's a first. I wonder if that's why some are sold out and others around for an eternity. I would not want to start collecting now, some re difficult to get at a nice price now.

A near 50% price hike on previous steels in this series?

I hope the studio enjoy having these rot in a warehouse, cos unless these are limited to 25 copies each they aren't selling out any time soon.

Reactions: Noodles