Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: Print run: Box Set 300 - Lenti 200 - Full Slip 200

FBB4F523-5E56-47F3-94A1-40979EEB8C7C.jpeg2DFF9A21-B305-4CD9-B15F-C27C3BB7C213.jpeg34800271-8AA4-433E-B1B2-41802E910705.jpeg912CCFD2-A554-44D4-96B8-3F4CEB80EB3B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If going direct is a rought task even to get just one edition for ourselves,
how can scalpers get many copies to put them on sale just after the sold-out?
Don't think scalpers are going direct any more. At least, going GB is more safe to secure a copy to put it on sale right after the sold-out. That's why I don't like GB whenever you could have went DIRECT.

GB host CAN ask for as much quantities as he/she can.
How THEN are they running GB's if they can not ask the retailer the copies which people pay in advance in GB's?

Scalpers joined to GB (or host them), using others nicknames or their own privileges as a HOST, to get the access to multiple units, buying first to sell later at x2 or x3 the retailer price.
How easy is for a GB runner/host to get as many editions as he/she can? - That's how GB host can run the GB itself, itsn't?
And that is when the retailer accepts the GB, and approved it. Because for them, it's a safe and quick money for their business.

I respect the matter about how business is made by the retailer, who creates and allocate among their potential customers the product. People want their products, and they pay happily for them.
I fully agree. It's a matter of create something that someone wants to pay for. It's valuable.
But when the business to ask for double or triple the price previously asked for the retailer is run by scalpers... it's an opposite matter.
A matter about HOW to steal the spot or chances of others to get ONE edition for him/herselves.
That's not moaning, that is saying the truth (even for those who are harmed to read it). Even here there are people asking me nicely to shup up and go on, why so quiet about a problem which affects to collectors?

Group Buy hosts secure quantities from the retailers before they go on sale. That way the host knows how many copies they have for the Group Buy before the Group Buy is posted.

They don't get them after the retailer has sold out all the copies. That's why the Group Buys take place before the retailer sells them to the general public. You can secure a copy from a Group Buy here before the retailer puts them on sale to the general public later.

Buy from a Group Buy earlier or you can keep trying that direct purchase method that's working so well for you.

You have a much better chance from a Group Buy than going direct. But I think you know that already.

Reactions: leelee17 and milky
Group Buy hosts secure quantities from the retailers before they go on sale. That way the host knows how many copies they have for the Group Buy before the Group Buy is posted.

They don't get them after the retailer has sold out all the copies. That's why the Group Buys take place before the retailer sells them to the general public. You can secure a copy from a Group Buy here before the retailer puts them on sale to the general public later.
Exactly. That way, GB host and their closes can ask for many copies as they can get, to resell them all later.
"If you don't secure your copy via GB, you will trouble to get a copy without paying eBay prices".

It's really tricky, when GB host said so, and they can sell after on eBay the same editions they hosted in the GB for higher prices, as a way to impose the GB over DIRECT.
Buy from a Group Buy earlier or you can keep trying that direct purchase method that's working so well for you.
No, when a GB asked before (as you said) for more copies. They are limited (limited supply).
So going direct, thanks to GB's, is not an easy and safe option any more.
You have a much better chance from a Group Buy than going direct. But I think you know that already.
If a GB steal the spot or chances of others to buy DIRECT, yes.
Can not go direct any more, neither with any other releases or retailers, because instant sold-outs, and the "availability" buying from GB's.
Enough difficult to get a copy is when there are many GB's, which can request to the retailer previously tons of one edition, and even more than they have been requested from people who joint them.
GB's are taken away as many qty as they can (because they can, and they manage the Group Buy). They are the responsables of many instant sold-out.
And, under my point of view, we can not call this "market".
Market plays with supply and demand. But not manipulate both, to make business with a limited supply, taking all of the majority, to offer right after for a higher price.
A market is composed by multiple agents, not only the 12 people from the shadows who runs the GB.
Why or how can we explain the fact certain sellers in eBay put their copies sealed, over and over, just after the sold-out?
Obviously, they have privileges to access to all editions.
Privileges to buy before anyone and, right after the sold out, sell the edition.
Yes, people can do whatever they want to do with their money, but has to be said that this privileges, leaves others out of the game.
Out to buy direct, and out to avoid the fees of a GB, who "always" guarantee a copy for whoever joins to them.
I mean, it's a guarantee for whoever pay the overprice. Overprice that has to be paid, if you want the edition. Because if you wait till DIRECT preorder, you will have no chances to buy.
Leaving the edition already sold-out, even right before the time the preorders were live.
Sold-out editions ready to be listed in eBay not long after. Who are behind?
My guess: people who is in charge to run GB, and their people close to them (as here, but that's an opinion).

Exactly. That way, GB host and their closes can ask for many copies as they can get, to resell them all later.
"If you don't secure your copy via GB, you will trouble to get a copy without paying eBay prices".

It's really tricky, when GB host said so, and they can sell after on eBay the same editions they hosted in the GB for higher prices, as a way to impose the GB over DIRECT.

No, when a GB asked before (as you said) for more copies. They are limited (limited supply).
So going direct, thanks to GB's, is not an easy and safe option any more.

If a GB steal the spot or chances of others to buy DIRECT, yes.

You can believe what you want, of course. Group Buys don't cost that much more than going direct. It's not like Group Buys are eBay prices. You keep saying that people now have to join a Group Buy or else they will have to go to eBay because they can't get it direct from the retailer anymore.

So now you have your principles and no premium steelbooks.

I'd rather have the steelbooks from the Group Buy for the little extra that it costs.

You can believe what you want, of course.
Group Buys don't cost that much more than going direct. It's not like Group Buys are eBay prices.
I know that GB are much cheaper than eBay prices. I said so too.
You keep saying that people now have to join a Group Buy or else they will have to go to eBay because they can't get it direct from the retailer anymore.
You did say so too:
The problem here, the problem I critic is: that people who run and host GB (who had priority access to Premium editions) are the only ones to get many editions.
And we all can see how eBay has that copies. From the only people in charge to manage to get editions for others.
In other words, why a GB when you can order DIRECT? - Because DIRECT is not a easy and safe option anymore, since GB allocates BEFORE all the copies (as you said too)

Imposing GB over DIRECT, leads only to leave one option to buy (close to retailer prices). And THAT is not fair, even said that GB helps other collectors to "secure their editions".
BUT affect to others, those who doesn't join to GB to opt for DIRECT.
If GB people leaves the DIRECT option out, it is an easy business.
GB host and runners can take all the spots for themselves (and their fees).
And whoever didn't join to the GB, will have to come by eBay the editions, which will be putted on sale right AFTER the sold-out (by the ones who manages many copies).

So now you have your principles and no premium steelbooks.

If you don't want to join to ANY GB (for principles, as explained above), you will end up searching on eBay.
If eBay is a place where GB host and scalpers trying to do business with the spot of others (who wanted the edition DIRECT from the retailer, but they didn't succeed as explained above),
people can choose if paying x2 retailer price or not.
I'd rather have the steelbooks from the Group Buy for the little extra that it costs.
That is legit. A personal decision whom nobody has the right to say a word about.
But I'd rather cricit the root of all problems, exposing the scalpers are those who can get many copies.
Scalpers hidden behind
GB's. Which I trully believe it's part of the problem of scalping.

Last edited:
I think there's a rule that says if someone posts that word more than 10 times in a steelbook thread they get an automatic conversation ban
Oh please, let this be true, it would be so fecking funny :D
amaray amaray amaray amaray amaray amaray amaray amaray amaray amaray amaray

A bit like repeating 'Candyman' but less scary?....
even scarier!
Horror Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I joined 12 GBs and went direct 20 times for premium releases last year. No sweat at all GB or direct:whistle: And I have friends who always go direct and always get what they want:thumbs: It’s not that hard to place an order if you want only one copy like me and my friends. Once in a while, I order 2 copies of same slip or 2 different slips for my nephew and get them no problemo:joy:

Just like you @Chemartin_1 I hate scalpers a lot:mad: n barely use evilBay. If you don’t like GBs here, just be on time for direct pre-order and love F5ing. If you are well-prepared, you can get your copy easy;)

Daily Phoebe for all fellow ninjas:shy:
fast times at ridgemont high swimming GIF