Wild Things (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video USA) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 24, 2022
Purchase links: Deluxe Edition Arrow Video - DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video - Zavvi USA - SteelBook Arrow Video - DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video - Zavvi USA
Price: Deluxe Edition $50.00 (Arrow Video) - $48.99 (DiabolikDVD) - $51.99 (Grindhouse Video) - $49.99 (Zavvi USA) - SteelBook $45.00 (Arrow Video) - $38.99 (DiabolikDVD) - $42.99 (Grindhouse Video) - $44.99 (Zavvi USA)
Note: Zavvi USA is selling the USA release

274312522_5286674888033129_1480425932912112263_n.jpg

Wild Things Open.jpg Wild Things Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
  • New 4K restorations of both the Original Theatrical Version and the Unrated Edition from the original camera negatives by Sony Pictures Entertainment
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and high-definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Exclusive new audio commentary by director John McNaughton and producer Steven A. Jones
  • Commentary by director John McNaughton, cinematographer Jeffrey Kimball, producers Steven A. Jones and Rodney Liber, editor Elena Maganini and score composer George S. Clinton
  • Exclusive new interview with John McNaughton
  • Exclusive new interview with Denise Richards
  • Making of documentary
  • An Understanding Lawyer outtakes
  • Trailer
  • Limited edition SteelBook featuring newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anne Billson and Sean Hogan

• New 4K restorations of both the Original Theatrical Version and the Unrated Edition from the original camera negatives by Sony Pictures Entertainment
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray™ presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and high-definition Blu-ray(1080p) presentation
  • Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Exclusive new audio commentary by director John McNaughton and producer Steven A. Jones
  • Commentary by director John McNaughton, cinematographer Jeffrey Kimball, producers Steven A. Jones and Rodney Liber, editor Elena Maganini and score composer George S. Clinton
  • Exclusive new interview with John McNaughton
  • Exclusive new interview with Denise Richards
  • Making of documentary
  • An Understanding Lawyer outtakes
  • Trailer
  • Limited Edition SteelBook housed in Deluxe rigid packaging, both featuring newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anne Billson and Sean Hogan

USA releases
Steelbook only and Deluxe are separate editions available from multiple USA retailers

If you want UK editions order from Zavvi UK or Zavvi international websites
Zavvi USA is selling the USA release as are other USA retailers

USA releases
Steelbook only and Deluxe are separate editions available from multiple USA retailers

If you want UK editions order from Zavvi UK or Zavvi international websites
Zavvi USA is selling the USA release as are other USA retailers
Is there a difference between UK and USA? Pics look the same to me.

Is there a difference between UK and USA? Pics look the same to me.
USA releases dont have BBFC age ratings on packaging or discs

UK steelbook is Zavvi Exclusive

USA steelbook is with select retailers

Arrow Video UK and USA releases are always separate releases

Zavvi USA sells Arrow Video USA releases

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Billy Talent
Seems Amazon isn't listing either of these. Do you think it'll remain an Arrow and Zavvi 'exclusive', not counting those 'boutique label' resellers (Grindhouse & Diabolik)?

Seems Amazon isn't listing either of these. Do you think it'll remain an Arrow and Zavvi 'exclusive', not counting those 'boutique label' resellers (Grindhouse & Diabolik)?
You do count Grindhouse and DiabolikDVD as they are USA retailers.

This is why Arrow provide purchase links for those USA retailers when announcing their USA releases

Some steelbooks releases are from select retailers only or can be trade wide or be exclusive to just 1 retailer

Wild Things
The Amaray editions are trade wide

The USA steelbook are with select retailers Arrow Video/DiabolikDVD/Grindhouse/Zavvi USA

The UK steelbook is exclusive to Zavvi UK

Arrow Video UK and Arrow Video USA are always seperate releases

You do count Grindhouse and DiabolikDVD as they are USA retailers.

This is why Arrow provide purchase links for those USA retailers when announcing their USA releases

Some steelbooks releases are from select retailers only or can be trade wide or be exclusive to just 1 retailer

Wild Things
The Amaray editions are trade wide

The USA steelbook are with select retailers Arrow Video/DiabolikDVD/Grindhouse/Zavvi USA

The UK steelbook is exclusive to Zavvi UK

Arrow Video UK and Arrow Video USA are always seperate releases
So you think I shouldn't expect to see the steelbook version on Amazon?

Grindhouse and Diabolik are selling only boutique labels' titles, so I can't count them as proper trade wide retailers. Simple test of a 'popular' title of Spider-Man reveals zero editions on either site, and Grindhouse doesn't even have The Godfather (DiabolikDVD has 1 OOS listing).

So you think I shouldn't expect to see the steelbook version on Amazon?

Grindhouse and Diabolik are selling only boutique labels' titles, so I can't count them as proper trade wide retailers. Simple test of a 'popular' title of Spider-Man reveals zero editions on either site, and Grindhouse doesn't even have The Godfather (DiabolikDVD has 1 OOS listing).
Grindhouse Video and DiabolikDVD are USA retailers that sell select label releases
Some are USA releases or imports

There is also in UK some UK retailers that only sell select UK labels releases as in they don't sell every UK release

UK
Wild Thing Steelbook is a Zavvi Exclusive

USA
Wild Things Steelbook is with Arrow Video USA/DiabolikDVD/Grindhouse Video/Zavvi USA
Those USA retailers are selling the Arrow Video USA release not the UK release

If you not aware DiabolikDVD sometimes gets exclusives from Arrow Video in regards to USA releases as in not sold by any other retailer

DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases can be trade wide or with select retailers only or be exclusive to just one retailer

Definitely like the other version better. I can't stand the thick pink logo on this one.

It has original artwork on the reversible cover and poster. New artwork looks great. It's a shame the booklet has the same art as the cover but I still like it better.

Not my video.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Ordered from Grindhouse per that video unboxing, since they already have it in stock. About $7 more expensive, than waiting on Zavvi, but I never know now if a prepaid card I'm using will work, so it's better if the store charges right away. :wtf:

I like the other slip as well, might just buy it later, the cheapest non-4k version, since it's one of the first favorite childhood movies.

I thought this would have a bit more spot gloss instead instead of just the purple title

I got my slip today together with true romance, these slips are awesome, perfect to disguise the lame art on the Steelbooks tho lol, I just don’t get it why not to put the art of the slips on the actual Steelbooks to begin with…

I got my slip today together with true romance, these slips are awesome, perfect to disguise the lame art on the Steelbooks tho lol, I just don’t get it why not to put the art of the slips on the actual Steelbooks to begin with…

Because then people might just buy the steelbook and not the whole package with the slip.