[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

This is one of the great little movies. Summing it up in one word: "THOR!!!!!!"
I remember seeing this on VHS and it's the warehouse beams scene I remember. Going back by remembering the poster by an artist, to get back to the film I then realise it has Elisabeth Shue and Vincent D'onofrio plus directed by Chris Columbus. Perhaps films by key directors or actors could be a group to comment on next?

Reactions: jaws finatic
I remember seeing this on VHS and it's the warehouse beams scene I remember. Going back by remembering the poster by an artist, to get back to the film I then realise it has Elisabeth Shue and Vincent D'onofrio plus directed by Chris Columbus. Perhaps films by key directors or actors could be a group to comment on next?
We could have two categories:

The Sum of All Parts for excellence in film

and

The Sum of All Fears for films not expodential, but excremental.

1 of 5
In this round I start with a poster that when it first went up in the 'coming soon' window, I was not the only kid standing there and gazing at it. It was just beyond cool, and it was Speilberg and Dreyfuss, together again. I was loving it. Obviously the movie is awesome, and the poster is no slacker. I still have my movie program to this, I think I actually have 2, as well as numerous publications of the time dealing with scifi and fantasy. Ah, the memories. Memories are cool because it sounds kinda like mammaries, and those are just simply outstanding!!!

close-encounters-of-the-third-kind-original-682x1024.jpg

Reactions: GeoRattray
2 of 5
If ever there was a poster that gave the perfect setup to just how bombastically stupid and hilarious the movie is, it is this one. I don't think anyone, at the time of its release, was quite ready for the onslaught of laughter that would ensue. If you love the movie like me, then this poster is surely making you smile right now.
Kentucky_Fried_Movie_movie_poster.jpg

Reactions: GeoRattray
After several hours of nappypoo, Jaws Finatic returns to the boards to post........

3 of 5
This poster is pretty simple in its concept, but when you know the story really packs a wallop. Tatum O'Neal, acting alongside her famous father Ryan, turned in a performance for the ages that still, to this day, resonates with this old guy. Madeline Kahn, fresh off her debut in What's Up, Doc, turns in a brief, but wonderful performance as well. But it is Tatum who steals this show and makes the movie 'hers'. If you've never seen this film I highly....HIGHLY....encourage you to do so. Truly wonderful film making.
paper-moon-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RMA and GeoRattray
4 of 5

I adored this poster from afar. That was the best I could do at the time because it was James Bond and my mom would not allow me to see it. Thank God she had no idea what Billy Jack was about. Anyway....I would see movies at the Hillsboro Rocking Chair theater in Tampa and this played there a long, long, long time. The poster is really beautiful, as are a great many Bond posters, which has me scratching my head in confusion as to how steelbooks continue to be released of these films and they DON'T USE THIS STELLAR ART!!!! ARGHHHH. Okay, back on point......as we all know Diamonds are Forever was Connery's last turn as 007 during his initial run. Love the movie and Connery's expression at the end of it is all class, like a fond farewell to the character.
diamonds.jpg

5 of 5

Hilarity front to back, this comedy classic also happens to have a gloriously beautiful portrait of collegiate anarchy, which in truth matches the film it belongs to. With awesome lines like "Where do you go to school?", "You fat disgusting slob", and "Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the fu@kin' peace corp.", it is an endless siege of laughter. I think another viewing is in order for me, before I start feeling "worthless and weak". lol.
danimalhouse.jpg

• Haha
Nice round of posters and memories to go with them @jaws finatic :drool:

I've been looking at 70s posters and possible have quite a few to share, may start in 20 minutes or so... just jumping around like a Ninja with RL tasks for the weekend :thumbs:

Reactions: jaws finatic
I was going to post that I kinda feel like I'm on an island, then I remembered I was on Hot Babes Island, and it made me happy. So I told all the girls that we were going to be receiving the new Shout Army of Darkness and they got very excited!!!!

victorias secret model GIF

• Haha
I was going to post that I kinda feel like I'm on an island, then I remembered I was on Hot Babes Island, and it made me happy. So I told all the girls that we were going to be receiving the new Shout Army of Darkness and they got very excited!!!!

victorias secret model GIF
Bloody hell, I didn't realise this was an option? I'm committed being at Man Crush Island, and I don't have to? Thanks guys...