[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

5 of 10 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

The Walking Dead (2010-2022)
The ever evolving storyline cronicalling the life and times of Rick Grimes and the group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse, or as I say it Alpaca Lips :naughty:

I've watched all 10 seasons on AMC/FOX to find out that S11 is on Disney+. Thanks Disney for the Fox buyout. I'll sit down and burn through these once they air in November.

I also hope my Jock collection of steelbooks will be completed, but I doubt it TBH.

1664217838858.png

Reactions: gAnX
6 of 10 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

12 Monkeys (2015-2018)
I've seen seasons 1 to 3, so looking forward to the 4th to find yet again not broadcast. I've realised I can see this via Now streaming, but my main TV with 3d capability has had the application support withdrawn. Annoying, I will however make the time to see S4 as I need to know how it all came full circle. If you haven't seen this show, watch it, you won't be disappointed.

1664218485107.png

Last edited:
Hey, here's an idea that sits soundly in the land of pop culture (one of the allowances of the contest). How about if we list our 10 favorite sci-fi/fantasy/horror TV Series....wait for it.....OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naturally this will vary greatly depending on the age of the lister, but since there seems to be two of us stallwarts still cranking these gears, let's do one show per post, but elaborate on it with things such as a favorite episode, character, etc. Like 'Black Books' which I'm inclined to check out now because it fits in my bombastic stupid comedy acumen, perhaps it will encourage me or passers by to check out a few of them.

And hey....let's make it interesting and post a picture grab from the show for each listing.

Apologies this is not 10 separate posts with pictures but I wanted to chime in just for fun. I'll throw in some popular anime series as well to spice things up.

1. Game of Thrones - Yes, the last two seasons destroyed most of the good will of the show for majority of the fans, including myself, but the first few seasons are elite, must see TV. Favorite character is Jamie and episode is Battle of the Bastards.

2. Cowboy Bebop (anime, not the live action) - My favorite anime series of all time. Lots of style and action but with a good mix of characters development and humor as well. Favorite character is Spike and Ballad of Fallen Angels is an easy favorite.

3. Berserk (original anime series) - My pipe dream is to have a Game of Thrones series in the vein of Berserk. One of the best mangas of all time and the anime is also solid. Although my first experience was Berserk the original TV series and the ending literally had me running to the manga to see what happens next because the TV ending was so abrupt and shocking.

4 Neon Genesis Evangelion (anime series) - One of my favorite anime series and one that I need to rewatch again. I bought all the new movies as they came out but I have yet to watch them but will hopefully do it by the end of the year. I hear the Shiji (the main character) is less annoying in these new movies, so hopefully that is case as I never liked him much when I first watched the series.

5. X-Files - It's been too long since I've seen the series, but this was must watch TV for me growing up. Some great twists and scares. Best episode to me is 'Home'.

6. Gantz (anime series) - This would also work really well as a Game of Thornes type series. Very fun and interesting concept with some very explicit content. I've seen the anime but still need to finish the manga.

7. Escaflowne (anime series) - In my opinion, Evangelion is the more sci fi anime and Escaflowne is the more fantasy anime. Evangelion is more popular but Escaflowne is really solid as well with some great characters and music.

8. Buffy/Angel - Cheating here a bit as these are two separate series, but they are very interconnected in a shared universe. A series that shows its age, but an easy, fun watch. Best episode is 'I Will Remember You' from Angel. There is a strong similarity between the ending of this episode and Spider-man No Way Home.

9, Outlaw Star (anime series) - This is the little brother to Cowboy Bebop to me. Not nearly as popular but still fun for what is it. If you liked Cowboy Bebop, its worth it to check this series out.

10. Walking Dead - Similar to Game of Thrones, the last 5 to 7 years seasons have ranged from bad to average, but the first few seasons were solid and even today, the zombie effects and kills are well done. The series

Reactions: gAnX and GeoRattray
7 of 10 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

X-Files (1993-2002)
FBI special investigations with Fox Mulder and Dana Scully for 9 seasons. Yes, there was science fiction, fantasy and horror elements to this show. With the monster of the week, did you ever get nightmares of Toomes or The Host?

1664219014462.png

Yes, missed out on the second movie and S10 to S11, but life had moved on, with Dr Who back on telly.

Also, Charlie Adlard, artist of The Walking Dead was involved with the X-Files comics too. I met him once in Shrewsbury for autographs in my comics collecting phase. Finally full collections of Topps trading cards with chasing the rare autographs back in the day.

Last edited:
8 of 10 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Twin Peaks (1990-1991,2017) & Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
A murder mystery set within Twin Peaks, Washington. Bordering on horror and fantasy elements, with the Red Room, doppelgangers and explanations of dimensions beyond our own reality. As it was a weekly serial and topics to unpack every week, my sister though the show was just taking the piss out of the watcher. In my humble opinion, it was more subtle and clever. Really enjoyed the return with multiple watching of episode 8, mesmerising.

1664222420372.png

9 of 10 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

The Sandman (2022-)
The ultimate comic about storytelling and the events of The Endless focused on Dream. I started collecting comics with Jim Lee's X-Men run and when at University discovered Constantine and The Sandman. Such a popular comic, I tracked down the previous issues so have the entire run. This series is just so faithful and as it's set in the current day, rather than late 80s, the changes make sense and are for the better. I want more, I want so much more seasons to over the entire run. Check out episodes 5 for horror & episode 6 for fantasy. Multiple watching's of S1 so far, love it.

1664223371559.png

10 of 10 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Castlevania (2017-2021)
I'm glad I sat down to watch this and by season 2 I was like hooked. Season 3 came along and introduced science fiction elements, I simply did not expect. Not sure season 4 held up as the character introductions were twisted a little too fast for the finale. However, S1 & 2 are a must watch for anyone liking the vampire genre.

1664223807903.png

Reactions: RMA
Apologies this is not 10 separate posts with pictures but I wanted to chime in just for fun. I'll throw in some popular anime series as well to spice things up.

1. Game of Thrones - Yes, the last two seasons destroyed most of the good will of the show for majority of the fans, including myself, but the first few seasons are elite, must see TV. Favorite character is Jamie and episode is Battle of the Bastards.

2. Cowboy Bebop (anime, not the live action) - My favorite anime series of all time. Lots of style and action but with a good mix of characters development and humor as well. Favorite character is Spike and Ballad of Fallen Angels is an easy favorite.

3. Berserk (original anime series) - My pipe dream is to have a Game of Thrones series in the vein of Berserk. One of the best mangas of all time and the anime is also solid. Although my first experience was Berserk the original TV series and the ending literally had me running to the manga to see what happens next because the TV ending was so abrupt and shocking.

4 Neon Genesis Evangelion (anime series) - One of my favorite anime series and one that I need to rewatch again. I bought all the new movies as they came out but I have yet to watch them but will hopefully do it by the end of the year. I hear the Shiji (the main character) is less annoying in these new movies, so hopefully that is case as I never liked him much when I first watched the series.

5. X-Files - It's been too long since I've seen the series, but this was must watch TV for me growing up. Some great twists and scares. Best episode to me is 'Home'.

6. Gantz (anime series) - This would also work really well as a Game of Thornes type series. Very fun and interesting concept with some very explicit content. I've seen the anime but still need to finish the manga.

7. Escaflowne (anime series) - In my opinion, Evangelion is the more sci fi anime and Escaflowne is the more fantasy anime. Evangelion is more popular but Escaflowne is really solid as well with some great characters and music.

8. Buffy/Angel - Cheating here a bit as these are two separate series, but they are very interconnected in a shared universe. A series that shows its age, but an easy, fun watch. Best episode is 'I Will Remember You' from Angel. There is a strong similarity between the ending of this episode and Spider-man No Way Home.

9, Outlaw Star (anime series) - This is the little brother to Cowboy Bebop to me. Not nearly as popular but still fun for what is it. If you liked Cowboy Bebop, its worth it to check this series out.

10. Walking Dead - Similar to Game of Thrones, the last 5 to 7 years seasons have ranged from bad to average, but the first few seasons were solid and even today, the zombie effects and kills are well done. The series
Great list. I've seen them all apart from Outlaw star, have to check that out.

3. Have you seen the 2016 anime? I started the original series a long time ago but for the life of me can't remember why I didn't continue or revisit it. It's on my 'To finish' list haha
4. The new movies are fantastic, it was close to 10years before the finale film aired. Gosh such a satisfying ip

Reactions: doblbj2k
I quit smoking in 2007, and with a month off, what I saved, I managed to buy up most of the DVDs of the old series to watch at my leisure. I do like my Dr Who, have a few old episodes I need to get through - 30 or so about 1/2 hour each, 4 to make up a story.
Hey, good on you, dude, for quitting smoking. It's so true about having extra coin for more worthwhile purchases than tobacco. My ill was alcohol which I kicked to the curb June of 2021, so I not only feel better, but my $ situation allows for the extra premium now and then, or at least the chance to talk myself into it because I'm not spending it on Vodka and Beer.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Great list. I've seen them all apart from Outlaw star, have to check that out.

3. Have you seen the 2016 anime? I started the original series a long time ago but for the life of me can't remember why I didn't continue or revisit it. It's on my 'To finish' list haha
4. The new movies are fantastic, it was close to 10years before the finale film aired. Gosh such a satisfying ip

Thanks! For Berserk; yes, I did see the 2016 anime and I think its just as good as the original. If my memory serves me correctly, they dive deeper from the manga source material so the 2016 version extends past the original TV ending. Much easier for a newb to follow in my opinion.

As for Evangelion, I was waiting for 3.33 to release before watching them all in a row. Obviously that's been out for years now; with even a 4k re-release out now. So I have literally no excuse not to watch it other than free time. Although I am mildly tempted to watch the new blu ray release of the original TV series before watching the new movies to compare with a fresh mind.

Outlaw Star wise, I have a sentimental attachment to it, but it's definitely not as polished as Cowboy Bebop, but again, it's fun for what it is. I recall going to Anime Expo many years ago and the director was there and he was super nice and autographed my dvd set.

I know I had promised some pictures of my matrix resurrections one click almost a week ago. I ran into the problem of not being able to attach images and send them because my images were too large to upload. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks! For Berserk; yes, I did see the 2016 anime and I think its just as good as the original. If my memory serves me correctly, they dive deeper from the manga source material so the 2016 version extends past the original TV ending. Much easier for a newb to follow in my opinion.

As for Evangelion, I was waiting for 3.33 to release before watching them all in a row. Obviously that's been out for years now; with even a 4k re-release out now. So I have literally no excuse not to watch it other than free time. Although I am mildly tempted to watch the new blu ray release of the original TV series before watching the new movies to compare with a fresh mind.

Outlaw Star wise, I have a sentimental attachment to it, but it's definitely not as polished as Cowboy Bebop, but again, it's fun for what it is. I recall going to Anime Expo many years ago and the director was there and he was super nice and autographed my dvd set.
I've seen all Evangelion, the rebuild they did is worth it.
'Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time' was perfect

I'll check outlaw anyways, if its half as good as Bebop then it's worth my time

Reactions: doblbj2k