[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

16 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Land of the Giants (1968-1970)
Well their transport encounters a magnetic space storm, dragged through a space warp to a planet is 12 times the size of earth in scale and everything. All in glorious black and white, I miss shows that are like this. Always broadcast on a Sunday in the UK with nothing better on to watch, it passed the time as each episode was an hour long.
1664564586803.png

Last edited:
17 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

The Prisoner (1967-1968)
I think this is one of the most perfect blend of science fiction and fantasy wrapped up into a spy series. Patrick McGoohan was born to be Number 6. With the phrase, "I am not a number; I am a free man". This show looked stunning, and most episodes are strong, you didn't need to worry about the odd weak one. Yes, the ending was strange and you can read into it how you like. I would like to go to Portmeirion, Wales, and lounge around one day, with the imagination of being chased by a balloon like automation called Rover.
1664565351787.png

Last edited:
15 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Land of the Giants (1968-1970)
Well their transport encounters a magnetic space storm, dragged through a space warp to a planet is 12 times the size of earth in scale and everything. All in glorious black and white, I miss shows that are like this. Always broadcast on a Sunday in the UK with nothing better on to watch, it passed the time as each episode was an hour long.
View attachment 542435
How dare you steal Land of the Giants from me!!!!!!! lol. I guess it was bound to happen.

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRattray
18 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Midnight Mass (2021)
I like this miniseries, I really like the coverage of religion and sorry, spoiler alert, the fact that the priest discovered an angel which bears gifts. Its all just personal perspective, never preaching given the subject matter and only a few make it out alive. I've not watched any Mike Flanagan shows before, but I certainly will keep an eye out for his work, it's profound and outstanding. Hamish Linklater is just a standout actor IMO.

1664568500338.png

Last edited:
19 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Legion (2017-2019)
Three seasons of David Haller, the mutant with schizophrenia and his adventures against The Shadow King. The first two seasons are great, the third found it hard to land satisfactorily, but still entertaining. I loved David from the X-Men comics and I think without the tour de force that Noah Hawley can muster, such a show would never exist. Loved Jemaine Clement, Hamish Linklater, Jean Smart, Amber Midhunter and Bill Irwin, I really should mention the rest too. I tried hard to remember Bill Irwin to then find out he was Mr Noodle from Sesame Street.
1664569321021.png

Reactions: gAnX
20 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Andor (2022-Present)
Now I think Rogue One was one of the best Star War movies ever made and is a close second to Empire. With a TV show long in the works based upon Andor, I didn't think much of it and with the previous offerings such as Boba Fett and Kenobi, I really had very low expectations. Mandalorian is good as a Saturday Western but still a bit cartoony. With this, I'm three episodes in on this slow burn and I'm hooked like it's heroin, I want more, so much more. Smartly written, no stupid behavior traits etc. Yes it has room to stumble and fail my expectations, but at the moment I'm 100% digging it.
1664570087090.png

Last edited:
12 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Quantum Leap (1989-1993)
I'm an avid fan of Dr Sam Beckett & Admiral Al Calavicci's adventures and a show that never would shy away from some strong topics. Unsure I would ever start watching the new series as I think this should have been left well alone IMO. Think it had a strong ending too due to the fact the science fiction brought in the concepts of higher powers through the evil leaper and entity in the last episode (God vs Devil, perhaps.)
View attachment 542427
The new series has been intriguing, through two episodes. I’m worried it’ll be cancelled, before it gets an ending it deserve. They did the right thing to honor Al and Dean Stockwell. RIP
Quantum Leap Al GIF by SYFY

Out of interest, and trying to get the posts up to make 65 pages, is all the cost of living increases going to make you think twice before getting some steelbooks?
I am in the UK and already thinking I need to be a bit more picky with the ones I get but it will take some restraint.
I am lucky that I am in an ok position but only have a few years left of the fixed rate on my mortgage so feel I need to over pay as much as I can on that as I think when I come off the fixed rate, my monthly payments will increase too much if I don't act now.
It won't stop my steelbook purchases completely but I think I will have to cut back a little, just wondered what other people's thoughts were and if they had plans to cut back?

The new series has been intriguing, through two episodes. I’m worried it’ll be cancelled, before it gets an ending it deserve. They did the right thing to honor Al and Dean Stockwell. RIP
Quantum Leap Al GIF by SYFY
I loved the original quantum leap and haven't heard much good about the new series but it is only a couple of episodes in. I want to watch it but I always worry they are going to mess up something I used to really enjoy and taint it so will wait until the new series is finished or close too and see how people are taking it in before I decide to watch it.
Although I am aware that when they do new series of old shows like this,some people will never be satisfied.
Would be interested to hear your thoughts on it after a few more episodes

4 OF 10

Another show that hit in the mid 70's that was everything a monster loving kid could ask for on tv. Kolchak: The Night Stalker. Based off the No.1 TV movie, The Night Stalker, and it's ultimate sequal, The Night Strangler, the tv show followed reporter Carl Kolchak as he would unwittingly stumble upon the most bizarre and unusual cases, including things like vampires, ghouls, werewolves, witches, zombies.....if it was undead, it would somehow find Kolchak. The legendary Darren McGavin brought the character to life, and gives us the perfect foil for the undead. I loved this show so much I balked at going to a Bee Gees concert because I didn't want to miss it. LOL.
KOLCHAK.jpg

I loved the original quantum leap and haven't heard much good about the new series but it is only a couple of episodes in. I want to watch it but I always worry they are going to mess up something I used to really enjoy and taint it so will wait until the new series is finished or close too and see how people are taking it in before I decide to watch it.
Although I am aware that when they do new series of old shows like this,some people will never be satisfied.
Would be interested to hear your thoughts on it after a few more episodes
Yeah man. It's hard for me to buy in to stuff like this. I'm trying to think of a time that one of my favorite tv shows was brought back and I liked it, but I struggle to do so. I wish they'd come out with a new Bounty Law.

Reactions: Watkinss1
Out of interest, and trying to get the posts up to make 65 pages, is all the cost of living increases going to make you think twice before getting some steelbooks?
I am in the UK and already thinking I need to be a bit more picky with the ones I get but it will take some restraint.
I am lucky that I am in an ok position but only have a few years left of the fixed rate on my mortgage so feel I need to over pay as much as I can on that as I think when I come off the fixed rate, my monthly payments will increase too much if I don't act now.
It won't stop my steelbook purchases completely but I think I will have to cut back a little, just wondered what other people's thoughts were and if they had plans to cut back?
The short answer is 'No', it won't stop me because I've already decided to go Premium or go home. In the past, like a couple years ago, I snagged everything and anything that came along. It was fun, but all it got me is a lot of steels for movies that I like, but am not nutzo about. Premiums is a completely different animal, and there is typically something coming down the line that appeals to me. I don't go crazy with them, well.....I did double dip Godzilla vs Kong by Manta, but that's Manta, so it should be understood. LOL.

Reactions: Watkinss1
20 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Andor (2017-2019)
Now I think Rogue One was one of the best Star War movies ever made and is a close second to Empire. With a TV show long in the works based upon Andor, I didn't think much of it and with the previous offerings such as Boba Fett and Kenobi, I really had very low expectations. Mandalorian is good as a Saturday Western but still a bit cartoony. With this, I'm three episodes in on this slow burn and I'm hooked like it's heroin, I want more, so much more. Smartly written, no stupid behavior traits etc. Yes it has room to stumble and fail my expectations, but at the moment I'm 100% digging it.
View attachment 542439
I, too, hold Rogue One to the greatest of esteems, and it really nudges up pretty close to my love affair with Empire Strikes Back. We see Mandalorian the same way, too. Fun Saturday fare that's worth looking forward to. Looks like I'll have to check out Andor now.

5 of 10

Surely everyone and their mother has heard of this show. So many iconic episodes it's really hard to pick just one. Some of you guys talk about not getting into anything from the 80s or earlier, and that's just crazy talk to me. You will miss out on easily one of the greatest entertainment catalogs in the history of all time. The Twilight Zone just makes me smile thinking about it, all the crazy, uneven, surreal, unimaginable things that happen to people on that show. Like not having enough time to read, seeing a creature on the wing of your airborne plane, or tossing a lucky coin. There really isn't a show that has ever been on that gets a higher recommendation than this one. It's worth a blu ray blind buy of all episodes, I'm so sure you will love it. Rod Serling is the Master.
twilight.jpg