[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

Sad news that Kevon Conroy, voice of Batman TAS and many other appearances through the years in games, animation and TV, passed away. RIP.

As FAC prepares to release THE THING, I thought it would be good to rewatch the 2011 edition to set myself up for this release. As you may know, the 2011 film was a prequel to John Carpenter's THE THING. The biggest failing of the film, IMO, was that they took the reigns away from the FX team and made all the transitions cgi.....which were just too computerized and, even though you saw the transformation, you just were not convinced. Whereas in JCTH the sh!t that goes down looks pretty freakin' real. Some of the writing could have been better toward the end, but the performances were top notch!!!

Pulled it up on WIKI to check it out and I guess I'm not surprised it didn't make a windfall profit. It cost 38 million to make and only raked in just shy of 32M. Still, it's an enjoyable enough little film to get me to watch it from time to time. Don't own it on steel. maybe one day.

As FAC prepares to release THE THING, I thought it would be good to rewatch the 2011 edition to set myself up for this release. As you may know, the 2011 film was a prequel to John Carpenter's THE THING. The biggest failing of the film, IMO, was that they took the reigns away from the FX team and made all the transitions cgi.....which were just too computerized and, even though you saw the transformation, you just were not convinced. Whereas in JCTH the sh!t that goes down looks pretty freakin' real. Some of the writing could have been better toward the end, but the performances were top notch!!!

Pulled it up on WIKI to check it out and I guess I'm not surprised it didn't make a windfall profit. It cost 38 million to make and only raked in just shy of 32M. Still, it's an enjoyable enough little film to get me to watch it from time to time. Don't own it on steel. maybe one day.
Never seen the 2011 edition, maybe one day I'll check it out...

Just picked up three new 4ks. The Mule and Unforgiven as part of my clint Eastwood acquisition phase. And the prestige.

Side note has anyone seen million dollar baby? I watched it for thr first time Friday and like holy ******* **** wow.

Just picked up three new 4ks. The Mule and Unforgiven as part of my clint Eastwood acquisition phase. And the prestige.

Side note has anyone seen million dollar baby? I watched it for thr first time Friday and like holy ******* **** wow.
Funny you're going thru an Eastwood acquisition phase. I have most of his stuff on dvd, but the wifey just asked for a Christmas list and one of the first things on it is the blu ray box set for the Dirty Harry films.

Never seen Mule. Million Dollar Baby. Just seems too depressing for me to watch. I do enjoy Trouble with the Curve and Absolute Power.

Also....and most importantly......

Are you saying that, since you have the Prestige, you are passing on the Manta giveaway in this contest??? Wow. Thanks man. LOL

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Funny you're going thru an Eastwood acquisition phase. I have most of his stuff on dvd, but the wifey just asked for a Christmas list and one of the first things on it is the blu ray box set for the Dirty Harry films.

Never seen Mule. Million Dollar Baby. Just seems too depressing for me to watch. I do enjoy Trouble with the Curve and Absolute Power.

Also....and most importantly......

Are you saying that, since you have the Prestige, you are passing on the Manta giveaway in this contest??? Wow. Thanks man. LOL
I have the regular 4k haha so I have no issues double dipping it. Million Dollar baby is worth watching if only once. Trust me I was ******* amazed just how good it was. I was looking at the Dirty Harry set on amazon, it's a good price but I have spent an absolute fortune recently and I picked up a Human Centipede trilogy steelbook on the way home today. I was in CeX picking up the Lucy 4k which they just got in stock and wouldn't you know they didn't find the disc. But when they were looking I saw that on the shelf. I didn't realise at the time it was literally the only one they had in stock in the whole country. Anyway I had to travel to my old house (zavvi defaulted my address to that for some ******* reason) to pick up some blurays and I was looking at the human centipede on the website. So I grabbed it on the way home.

Behold I have created the Fullslip Steelbook Sandwich. And it is glorious.

Would love to own that Captain Marvel. Totally beg for that movie, man.

So the requirement for the sandwich is Full Slip Steelbook, meaning SLs and DLs are allowed as they are likewise Full Slips, just with some added coolness to activate the saliva glands of the steelbook masses.

And while I had no idea it was coming.... I awoke to a winter wonderland.

Would love to own that Captain Marvel. Totally beg for that movie, man.

So the requirement for the sandwich is Full Slip Steelbook, meaning SLs and DLs are allowed as they are likewise Full Slips, just with some added coolness to activate the saliva glands of the steelbook masses.

And while I had no idea it was coming.... I awoke to a winter wonderland.
Just 2 full slips. You can use Arrows if you like lol. And I used 12 steels for the tasty filling.

These guys placed Million Dollar Baby as the best boxing movie of all time. Even above Rocky.
I tend to agree. It's incredible

Wow!! Above Rocky? That makes me want to see it just to justify how it's not better than Rocky. I love that movie, man. Yo, Paulie!!!!
I have to go with million dollar baby above rocky on this one and I love the rocky films.
I hate to say it but now I actually try to consider why I prefer million dollar baby, it is actually because it is better in every way. It is better directed, better acting, more realistic but still exciting action scenes. I guess that is one area rocky is better, its action scenes are a bit more exciting due to the lack of realism.
I know this sounds like I am not a rocky fan but I really am, it's just that million dollar baby is such a good film.
You should definitely watch it just so we can discuss your thoughts on the comparison.
Actually rocky also has better music so 2 rounds to rocky, the other 10 rounds go to million dollar baby. Let's see if the judges have this as unanimous decision lol

Casablanca finally arrived from Zavvi with a nice honking slash on the spine of the full slip!!! Notified Zavvi and sent pic. They've always done me right. Updates to come........

Also....this really sucks because I so want to tear into that now and look at the contents.

• Wow
Reactions: GeoRattray
I have to go with million dollar baby above rocky on this one and I love the rocky films.
I hate to say it but now I actually try to consider why I prefer million dollar baby, it is actually because it is better in every way. It is better directed, better acting, more realistic but still exciting action scenes. I guess that is one area rocky is better, its action scenes are a bit more exciting due to the lack of realism.
I know this sounds like I am not a rocky fan but I really am, it's just that million dollar baby is such a good film.
You should definitely watch it just so we can discuss your thoughts on the comparison.
Actually rocky also has better music so 2 rounds to rocky, the other 10 rounds go to million dollar baby. Let's see if the judges have this as unanimous decision lol
I don't know if I can compare them really. I mean yeah they are both technically boxing movies. Boxing underdog movies about people going for the title. But somehow I still don't consider them similar enough to compare for some reason lol.

Reactions: Watkinss1
I don't know if I can compare them really. I mean yeah they are both technically boxing movies. Boxing underdog movies about people going for the title. But somehow I still don't consider them similar enough to compare for some reason lol.
Yeah, I completely agree with this and thought the same as I was comparing but I would still say they would both be classed as dramas so both being boxing dramas I feel I can compare them but they do have a very different feel to them. Both great in their own right

Casablanca finally arrived from Zavvi with a nice honking slash on the spine of the full slip!!! Notified Zavvi and sent pic. They've always done me right. Updates to come........

Also....this really sucks because I so want to tear into that now and look at the contents.
This sucks,hope they sort it fast for you,I have been really lucky to not encounter such issues but I am so impatient that this would drive me mad to have it and then have to wait longer

This sucks,hope they sort it fast for you,I have been really lucky to not encounter such issues but I am so impatient that this would drive me mad to have it and then have to wait longer
They offered me 20% off credit. I'm thinking about it. Not sure. more than kind of put off that this was even allowed to be shipped out. The damage is beyond obvious. My first major issue with Zavvi. Smooth sailing till now. But hey, they chose willfully to send me damaged merchandise. Not sure 20% is enough to keep this slashed box spine. We'll see where this goes. THinking of just sending it back and missing out on it. No way I'd want a exchange just to get another slashed box.

Reactions: Watkinss1
They offered me 20% off credit. I'm thinking about it. Not sure. more than kind of put off that this was even allowed to be shipped out. The damage is beyond obvious. My first major issue with Zavvi. Smooth sailing till now. But hey, they chose willfully to send me damaged merchandise. Not sure 20% is enough to keep this slashed box spine. We'll see where this goes. THinking of just sending it back and missing out on it. No way I'd want a exchange just to get another slashed box.
Why don't you send it back - get a full refund - and then order from HMV or Amazon?

I'm assuming you're from the UK for quick turnaround