Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Release date: October 7, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £32.99 £16.54

71bNC1AvxLL._SL1500_.jpg

71MXbZQdWrL._SL1500_ (1).jpg71PeqNQdUUL._SL1500_.jpg91ttD0suXHL._SL1500_.jpg

darkphoenix_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of bad reviews so ive preordered this based on the artwork and the hope for spotglossing on the colour parts. If the art changes or it turns out to be matt though it's an instant cancel

Hoping this title will get a 3D steelbook release,

watched the film yesterday in Imax 3D , I liked the movie, story was not that great but better imo then X-Men The Last stand with regards to Phoenix story

Amazon taking payment on pre orders was a website glitch

Amazon are now in process of fixing the issue

Some customers who had payment taken on some pre orders recently will receive an email today telling them this was an error

New pre orders done as of now payment will be only taken when ready for dispatch (as long as the glitch has been fixed ;))

This is a copy of email sent to some customers this morning which has been posted on various web forums

We are contacting you about a recent error on your account relating to your Amazon order #204-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX. Your payment card was charged before your pre-order item was dispatched.

If you wish to pay only at the time of dispatch, you may cancel your pre-order to get a full refund. If you place a new pre-order for the same item we will only charge you once your item dispatches. If you take no action, then your item will be dispatched as normal.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

• Informative
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and harry

Some customers who had payment taken on some pre orders recently will receive an email today telling them this was an error

New pre orders done as of now payment will be only taken when ready for dispatch (as long as the glitch has been fixed ;))

This is a copy of email sent to some customers this morning which has been posted on various web forums

We are contacting you about a recent error on your account relating to your Amazon order #204-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX. Your payment card was charged before your pre-order item was dispatched.

If you wish to pay only at the time of dispatch, you may cancel your pre-order to get a full refund. If you place a new pre-order for the same item we will only charge you once your item dispatches. If you take no action, then your item will be dispatched as normal.

Personally, I do not believe it at all. They clearly said they put this in place to "improve our experience". Amazon France also charged some buyers on pre-orders. I think they changed their minds.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Personally, I do not believe it at all. They clearly said they put this in place to "improve our experience". Amazon France also charged some buyers on pre-orders. I think they changed their minds.

Yes that's what I think also. They put it in print. Customer Service said this is how it is. Now it's a glitch. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: ariba266
Same here, which probably isn't a bad thing, as the wife will be happy I'm not filling the house with steelbooks :LOL:
Am gutted but trying to look on the positive side....need to trim my collection as am running out of space anyway.

Plus only had DOFP and Logan so it’s not like missing this one wouldn’t leave a hole in X-Men collection as I don’t have most as is(think I sold DOFP with aims of getting a premium eventually)

Would like this one too as it was a decent movie, but no 3D, so no sale.
I can wait

Bad reviews coupled with a ridiculous cost (thanks for taking them over, Disney!!) means I will be waiting for this one. The problem with everyone waiting is that they may think people do not want SB anymore, when in fact we just want them to be affordable yet premium (e.g. all discs AND under £30). Oh well...

Reactions: JayWhit

Phew! That's good to know. Or maybe they're just using that as an excuse after receiving backlash from everyone. :squint:

Either way... thanks for the heads up @paulboland. :thumbs:

Just got back to seeing this. Was really looking forward to watching this after the abysmal apocalypse (although had a few good scenes) but this was just f*cking boring. Again some ok scenes but nothing we haven’t seen before. Boring

I assume this is the last one now that Disney own them. It 100% felt it and knowing that fox have sold their bits and bobs to Disney, the whole film felt redundant

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles and Stygian
pre-ordered for now. see is amazons no1 best seller in steels so reckon may sell out quicker than normal.

havent ordered from amazon a while for steels. see now if want it on release day is £2.99 delivery (n)
it always was last time i ordered free, now free delivery is usual 3-5 but does look like amazon have now changed pre-orders for the worse.
amazon is tighting up things by look of it.
looks like another reason to not buy pre-orders from amazon so much.

basil :thumbs:

pre-ordered for now. see is amazons no1 best seller in steels so reckon may sell out quicker than normal.

havent ordered from amazon a while for steels. see now if want it on release day is £2.99 delivery (n)
it always was last time i ordered free, now free delivery is usual 3-5 but does look like amazon have now changed pre-orders for the worse.

If you have prime with amazon UK
Shipping is free on all products with amazon as the seller
You also get free priority shipping on in stock items marked as prime

Shipping is free for over £20

It’s been like that for years. Not sure what you mean about pre orders changing for the worst? It says 3-5 days but usually arrives in a day or 2 (much faster than zavvis free shipping) and im sure amazon deliver on a Sunday (they do around here anyway) that’s pretty f*cking good service. Hassle free for issues too.

Only cockup has been the small amount being charged on pre order. Problem fixed, they have stopped that

Shipping is free for over £20

It’s been like that for years. Not sure what you mean about pre orders changing for the worst? It says 3-5 days but usually arrives in a day or 2 (much faster than zavvis free shipping) and im sure amazon deliver on a Sunday (they do around here anyway) that’s pretty f*cking good service. Hassle free for issues too.

Only cockup has been the small amount being charged on pre order. Problem fixed, they have stopped that

well it just asked me for £2.99 IF i wanted it on release day.
which used to be free with pre-orders. e.g. on release day
unless its changed but has been along while since had something from amazon now steelbook wise and maybe im remebering wrong
it did offer me free delivery within 3-5 days otherwise.
and thats what i was getting at e.g. 3-5 days after.

but hey ho

Reactions: Flloydo
well it just asked me for £2.99 IF i wanted it on release day.
which used to be free with pre-orders. e.g. on release day
unless its changed but has been along while since had something from amazon now steelbook wise and maybe im remebering wrong
it did offer me free delivery within 3-5 days otherwise.
and thats what i was getting at e.g. 3-5 days after.

but hey ho

I’m pretty sure next day delivery was never included with the £20 threshold. Unless it was for a few months, years ago when it changed to £20

But 3-5 working days is normal, especially for free shipping. It’s what zavvi, HMV, Zoom etc etc are lol.

You usually get your orders in 2-3 days from any of them anyway plus amazon can sometimes be a lot quicker. They just state 3-5

And even if it didn’t arrive in the 3-5 days and you contact them, all of them will say you need to wait 28 days (or whatever it is) until reporting it missing. BUT amazon use their own delivery service so you don’t have to wait no where near as long if something is missing, not arrived etc

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil