Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2018)

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Simon Kinberg

Cast: Sophie Turner, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Evan Peters, Tye Sheridan, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Alexandra Shipp, Lamar Johnson, Summer Fontana, Kota Eberhardt, Scott Shepherd, Evan Jonigkeit, Gregg Lowe, Olivia Munn, Daniel Cudmore

Release: 2018-11-02

Plot: Gathered together by Professor Charles Xavier to protect a world that fears and hates them, the X-Men had fought many battles, been on adventures that spanned galaxies, grappled enemies of limitless might, but none of this could prepare them for the most shocking struggle they would ever face. One of their own members, Jean Grey, has gained power beyond all comprehension, and that power has corrupted her absolutely! Now they must decide if the life of the woman they cherish is worth the existence of the entire universe!

I'm interested to see how Jessica Chastain's character in Dark Phoenix
Skrull Queen
plays out in the entire scheme of things. Part of me hope for her to be a segue into the MCU and if this was a play that was done on purpose (which also tells me this deal has been happening for longer than we know). Because, we all know what's coming for the next MARVEL Phase.
SECRET INVASION!

I wonder if Marvel will step in and oversee the finalisation of this film now or just leave it be and do a whole reboot afterwards....

I wonder if Marvel will step in and oversee the finalisation of this film now or just leave it be and do a whole reboot afterwards....
Since the development of this is all in motion and filming is almost done (if not), pretty sure Marvel/Disney won't touch it now, leave-it be and then, reboot the whole thing.

Marvel Phase 4 will probably include them...

And now X-Men: Dark Phoenix joins The New Mutants as it's also been bumped to 2019. :(

The new release date is February 14, 2019. (n)

FFS I was really looking forward to this one :(

I wonder if these delays are MCU reasoned... laying the groundwork for future Avengers crossovers....

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
FFS I was really looking forward to this one :(

I wonder if these delays are MCU reasoned... laying the groundwork for future Avengers crossovers....

I sure hope not. I know The New Mutants delay is because they're writing in a new character and doing re-shoots. Don't know why Dark Phoenix was pushed... though I'm sure it has something to do with semi-wrapping the Fox movies just in case.

Hum... another delay...?
Could they try to fix some problems on Pheonix and avoid Apocalypse's faith? If so, well then, delay it as you want!

Dont think this has been posted yet but there was a leak a month or so ago at the costumes the X-Men will be wearing, love how faithful they're looking to the comics

DX4UO5UW0AEKKHh.jpg

2037170-first_class.jpg

Like I said gutted this has been pushed back, the back end of 2018 looks a little sparse in terms of movie releases

• Thanks
X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX DIRECTOR SIMON KINBERG TEASES JEAN GREY’S RETURN DURING RESHOOTS

via The Real Stan Lee

Even though there wasn’t a massive cliffhanger at the end of X-Men: Apocalypse, that doesn’t mean that excitement isn’t brewing for Dark Phoenix, the exploration of Jean Grey’s horrible and unparalleled powers, straight from the Marvel comics of old. The film has been in production for some time now, and while we still have some time to go before it’s release, Fox Studios and Simon Kinberg, the director and producer, are steadily working to make Jean Grey’s return to the big screen the best it can be.

x-men-dark-phoenix-new-image-feature-img-758x426.jpg

Earlier this year, there was a big shake up with the release dates of Fox/Marvel titles like The New Mutants, Deadpool 2, and Dark Phoenix, which eventually pushed back the release date four months to next February. With that extra time, Dark Phoenix has been in the process of re-shoots for the past month with no signs of being finished yet.

Re-shoots are almost never a bad thing, especially when the story is as intense as the Dark Phoenix saga. After reviews were less than fantastic for Apocalypse, it is no surprise that the filmmakers are handling this next film with care. Simon Kinberg, who has been involved with the X-Men film series for a very long time is directing the film and seems to be enjoying every moment as the leader of the parade, even if the process is taking longer than we all thought it would.

Last week, Kinberg took to social media to let fans know that the Dark Phoenix ship is still going full speed ahead. The director/producer posted a picture of a chair marked “Jean Grey.” Although this could simply a decorative behind the scenes prop, it shows us that we are getting closer and closer to the release.

In an interview with Total Film Magazine, Kinberg spoke about his direction of the film and how he hopes to steer it in a way that does the story and audience hopes justice. The magazine said the following:

Simon Kinberg says he must “find a way to ground [Dark Phoenix] so it’s not too intergalactic,” stressing that the X-Men movies are “human… and emotional.”

x-men-apocalypse-DF-00112_rgb-758x501.jpg

This decision by Kinberg to steer the film into a more human direction away from sci-fi could be a response to the mixed reviews of Apocalypse and some of the other X-Men films featuring like Last Stand. This decision also seems to be reflective of Kinberg’s post featuring “Jean Grey,” the human, rather than “Phoenix,” the class five telekinetic and telepathic mutant. Time will tell how the final product turns out, but with over a decade of experience under his belt, it could be a great idea to do so. X-Men: Dark Phoenix hits theaters on February 14, 2019.

Feels completely irrelevant now this film given a complete reboot under the MCU banner is only about a year away

I watched the trailer like 10 times now. haha. Really like the look of the movie and the tone. Count me in.

Looking over the trailer, a couple things of note:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS
Beast switches sides... Looks like Hank doesn't agree with what Charles has done? (as seen in the trailer)
Who are those other two???
Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 10.31.14 PM.png

Somebody Dies! But WHO?
Not Beast or ProfX...
Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 10.32.25 PM.png

Or Nightcrawler or Storm.
Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 10.32.47 PM.png

There is one more umbrella but who does it belong to? and who bites it?

...So that leaves:
• Cyclops (Doubtful they'd do that again after x3)
• Mystique (JLaw is too big of a star to have die in the middle of the film... *assuming this shot isn't from the end of the movie*)
• Quicksilver (This is where my money goes. He isn't seen much in the trailer except for a couple shots.)

Thoughts?

Edit:
Looks like those two have been revealed as "Red Lotus" and "Selene".
exclusive-xdp-photo1-1537997735929.jpg

2nd Edit:

From my previous question before of... WHO DIED?
As seen in this photo. its not Scott.
dark-phoenix-df-02901-crop-rgb-1537999005623.jpg

Actually. re-watching the trailer again.

I think the answer Raven... or both her AND Quicksilver?
Would make sense why both Hank and Charles are so upset and drinking together.

Piecing together the scenes... it all makes sense.
Dang.

Last edited:
Looks like a carbon copy of The Last Stand which of course was the best of the original trilogy of films wasn't it :whistle:

Follow the damn source material!! Cant wait till the X-Men are in the MCU and it's a damn shame they've wasted this set of actors on these films as on paper the likes of Sophie Turner as Jean Grey is a great fit

Looks good! I've genuinely enjoyed all of the X-Men films with the current cast, so it's a real shame it's coming to an end... hopefully they actually wrap things up though and give us a great ending to it all.

• Thanks