Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 24, 2021
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes two 4K discs only

HMV Justice League.jpg

ezgif-7-0193427227f6.jpg HMV justice league image.jpg HMV Justice league inside.jpg

Last edited:
The email address to query VAT/Duty payments is: [email protected]

Lot's of info on boards.ie in regards to AddressPal
Jesus, that Boards thread is just one disaster after another. Why anyone would want to sign up to that I'll never know. Some if the stories made me feel physically sick with what they're doing to people's products. Typical bullshit Ireland. Make everthing a feckin tedious chore to get anywhere. And then charge you for the privilege!

I'm steering well clear of that service. I'd rather pay a UK buddy to ship them directly....

Reactions: Strangerbyday
Jesus, that Boards thread is just one disaster after another. Why anyone would want to sign up to that I'll never know. Some if the stories made me feel physically sick with what they're doing to people's products. Typical bullshit Ireland. Make everthing a feckin tedious chore to get anywhere. And then charge you for the privilege!

I'm steering well clear of that service. I'd rather pay a UK buddy to ship them directly....
I was mainly using it for ordering from Criterion & Shout in the US because they don't ship outside the US.
I know I ordered Wonder Woman 1984 & Battle Royale 4K from the UK only because neither Amazon or HMV ship here now & I managed to avoid customs in both cases but I doubt I'll use them again after this for UK orders, I'll just go the route of asking someone in the UK to reship or go through a group buy or whatever. Its not worth the MASSIVE amount of hassle it causes (as well as the pretty substantial delays in delivering).

I've always hated how they tear open the box & then sellotape it shut by sellotaping over the original address so much that you can't actually see what was written on it so there's no way to tell what was declared on the package.
No idea how they managed to assess my JL steel as costing £69.99, isn't the price always on the front of HMV steels?

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I was mainly using it for ordering from Criterion & Shout in the US because they don't ship outside the US.
I know I ordered Wonder Woman 1984 & Battle Royale 4K from the UK only because neither Amazon or HMV ship here now & I managed to avoid customs in both cases but I doubt I'll use them again after this for UK orders, I'll just go the route of asking someone in the UK to reship or go through a group buy or whatever. Its not worth the MASSIVE amount of hassle it causes (as well as the pretty substantial delays in delivering).

I've always hated how they tear open the box & then sellotape it shut by sellotaping over the original address so much that you can't actually see what was written on it so there's no way to tell what was declared on the package.
No idea how they managed to assess my JL steel as costing £69.99, isn't the price always on the front of HMV steels?
There is absolutely no logic to anything they're doing if you read the horror stories on Boards. Seems like they're just making everything up as they go.....

I don't like that they open a lot of stuff up either.

I never had any issues with AddressPal been using them a good few years
All my HMV and WB Shop orders I used AddressPal

UK leaving EU customs union though has changed things
If UK retailers don't put price on parcel and include a invoice showing UK vat has already been paid that will cause issues

At the moment AddressPal are just doing random estimated value

Boards.ie can be useful for info but does have a lot of trolls or complainers about non issues

It's very easy to end up been banned on boards.ie a lot from this web form no names mentioned would not last long :LOL::rofl:

AddressPal in regards to UK parcels It used to be you had your item sent to a post office of your choice and you then paid €3.50 to get parcel and had 3 days at your leisure to collect parcel.

UK leaving customs union they changed to home delivery as standard option but when it does arrive in Ireland you can arrange be sent to your postal office for collection.

I had over 150 parcels using AddressPal and only had 1 item that did not arrive and that was a HMV fault not AddressPal

If ever there was a need for a Manta exclusive....it's this. Just awful IMO. It's not even good inside art.

In the works.

Reactions: jaws finatic
In the works.

Honestly, this post deserves a happy feet emoticon. Sadly, a thumbs up was the best I could do.....or is it?

giphy.gif

Reactions: IRON MAN
And if it arrives damaged I'm pretty much out of luck too, not sure how long HMV allow for returns of damaged goods but its been close to a month now since it was received at the AddressPal depot.
Does it make any difference if it is sent from a normal UK address? Pretty sure I saw a couple in my local HMV on the weekend, happy to ping one over to you at cost if it helps.

Does it make any difference if it is sent from a normal UK address? Pretty sure I saw a couple in my local HMV on the weekend, happy to ping one over to you at cost if it helps.
Thanks for the offer but in this case its probably better I just take the hit. Its too much hassle to try to contact them again to tell them to send it back & then spend however long trying to chase HMV for a refund.

They've FINALLY emailed me to say customs are due of €12.94 (€8.44 customs & €3.50 An Post fee), so I'm just gonna pay that & be done with. Though, interestingly, they're still saying that the item originally costs €87.46.

Its definitely the last order I place with HMV. The postal service in this country is a bloody joke.

Thanks for the offer but in this case its probably better I just take the hit. Its too much hassle to try to contact them again to tell them to send it back & then spend however long trying to chase HMV for a refund.

They've FINALLY emailed me to say customs are due of €12.94 (€8.44 customs & €3.50 An Post fee), so I'm just gonna pay that & be done with. Though, interestingly, they're still saying that the item originally costs €87.46.

Its definitely the last order I place with HMV. The postal service in this country is a bloody joke.
On what basis are they saying that? eBay listings???

I think you said you had already shared a copy of your invoice and a link to the HMV listing page, which clearly shows the original price (which is about €35 at today's current conversion rate)?

EDIT: I can see how to challenge these things in the UK (via the gov.uk website) for stuff coming in to us, but not sure about you guys for stuff coming in to you from the UK.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
On what basis are they saying that? eBay listings???

I think you said you had already shared a copy of your invoice and a link to the HMV listing page, which clearly shows the original price (which is about €35 at today's current conversion rate)?

EDIT: I can see how to challenge these things in the UK (via the gov.uk website) for stuff coming in to us, but not sure about you guys for stuff coming in to you from the UK.
Its on the basis of whoever looked at it in the reshipper & determined that it cost that much, unfortunately.
Wonder Woman 1984 steelbook they looked at & said "6.99". This they look at & decide its nearly 90 euro.

I've challenged it already, sent in the invoice & everything & then waited 3 weeks for a reply. In fairness, the €8.44 customs charge would be right on a €30ish item, its just the cheek of them still claiming that it costs €90.

Its on the basis of whoever looked at it in the reshipper & determined that it cost that much, unfortunately.
Wonder Woman 1984 steelbook they looked at & said "6.99". This they look at & decide its nearly 90 euro.

I've challenged it already, sent in the invoice & everything & then waited 3 weeks for a reply. In fairness, the €8.44 customs charge would be right on a €30ish item, its just the cheek of them still claiming that it costs €90.
Perhaps you should offer to sell it to them for €80 then, and tell them they'd be getting a good deal at €10 off the cost price! :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Strangerbyday