Zardoz (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive Exclusive) [Germany]

Seriously I remember seeing the film on Film 4 one night and as soon as i saw Sean Connery basically spending the entire film in what looked liked diapers I could not take it seriously........ An unintended laugh I was not expecting......
Talking of Sean Connery he must be pretty ill these days if the recent photos of him are anything to go by....

You like the movie ? @DuckDogers :confused: hmmmmmmmmmmm
zardoz.jpg

You like the movie ? @DuckDogers :confused: hmmmmmmmmmmm

It's not that he likes the movie, it's that SteelArchive scraps the bottom of the barrel for their 'exclusives' and doesn't seem to want to look for any better.

It looks like it has to be small films from German distributors like Koch Media (Spring and that Zardoz thing) or Splendid Film (Red. vs Dead).

They don't seem to be able (or want) to 'get in' on a worldwide steelbook like FilmArena is able to, or to create their own steelbooks. Just cheap and/or unknown films getting the steelbook treatment for some reason (like, Spring may be a good film but how many of us had actually heard about it prior to the steelbook announcement? And Red vs. Dead is Direct-to-Video stuff).

I mean, if that's always going to be SteelArchive default approach, Capelight steelbooks would be a step up (Enemy, The Signal, The Babadook), or Tobis' (Transcendence, Prisoners). But those are selling well I assume, so probably not, right.

That Zardoz steelbook is probably selling very poorly (I assume only about dozens of people worldwide actually want to own a Blu-ray disc for that film), so they could get a good deal for some of those from the distributor and shuffle them our way with a full slip at an increased price.

And to justify an expensive full slip edition, they're only making 50 of them (the less they produce the more expensive they are). Seriously, only 50, are you kidding me? o_O

Plus, the steelbooks is hideous (and with a 41-year old campy film there's probably not a lot of good material for a full slip) :

A16ArG602KL._SL1500_.jpg

Again, I want to support SteelArchive but they're not making it easy. :dead:

(And suggesting a keep case lineup with a print run of 25 copies is bonkers as well, btw - but at least they're talking about somewhat better films here, like Slither or Stretch).

Last edited:
It's not that he likes the movie, it's that SteelArchive scraps the bottom of the barrel for their 'exclusives' and doesn't seem to want to look for any better.

It looks like it has to be small films from German distributors like Koch Media (Spring and that Zardoz thing) or Splendid Film (Red. vs Dead).

They don't seem to be able (or want) to 'get in' on a worldwide steelbook like FilmArena is able to, or to create their own steelbooks. Just cheap and/or unknown films getting the steelbook treatment for some reason (like, Spring may be a good film but how many of us had actually heard about it prior to the steelbook announcement? And Red vs. Dead is Direct-to-Video stuff).

I mean, if that's always going to be SteelArchive default approach, Capelight steelbooks would be a step up (Enemy, The Signal, The Babadook), or Tobis' (Transcendence, Prisoners). But those are selling well I assume, so probably not, right.

That Zardoz steelbook is probably selling very poorly (I assume only about dozens of people worldwide actually want to own a Blu-ray disc for that film), so they could get a good deal for some of those from the distributor and shuffle them our way with a full slip at an increased price.

And to justify an expensive full slip edition, they're only making 50 of them (the less they produce the more expensive they are). Seriously, only 50, are you kidding me? o_O

Plus, the steelbooks is hideous (and with a 41-year old campy film there's probably not a lot of good material for a full slip) :

View attachment 200175

Again, I want to support SteelArchive but they're not making it easy. :dead:

(And suggesting a keep case lineup with a print run of 25 copies is bonkers as well, btw - but at least they're talking about somewhat better films here, like Slither or Stretch).

Capelight has no interest for Fullslips. Koch and splendid are the only one

• Informative
Reactions: Ranavalone and Bunk