Zombieland (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: September 30, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on Sunday 25th August, 6pm UK Time)
Price: £24.99

Zombieland-steelbook-4K-768x915.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like an improvement over the previous dark steelbook with less text on the front and is guaranteed not to have a fully printed back (or blank insides) . . . while I admit to a preference for the grey steel (UK) if the green on the new mockup is accurate this new one will definitely marry better with the HDN Mondo slipcase:-
1566250936746.png
+
1566251196084.png

Reactions: Wreck and ChoppedUp
Same artwork on steel as previous blu ray steel.
Just lazy

Lazy maybe, but not always a bad thing.
If they stuck a 'DOUBLE TAP' on the bottom of this design for the new movie, may still be better than some pop-art, minimalist, two-tone piece of c**p that we're likely to get.

tenor pink.gif

Oooh, sparkles!

Looks like an improvement over the previous dark steelbook with less text on the front and is guaranteed not to have a fully printed back (or blank insides) . . . while I admit to a preference for the grey steel (UK) if the green on the new mockup is accurate this new one will definitely marry better with the HDN Mondo slipcase:-
View attachment 443206 + View attachment 443209
The previous one didn't have a printed back (or blank inside) :confused:

The previous one didn't have a printed back (or blank inside) :confused:
Maybe the one I was looking at was the previous previous . . . looks like a very early release too, not just because of the printed back but also for the cellophane wrap which hasn't been used for steelbooks (in the UK at least) for yonks:-
1566300762985.png
1566300550756.png
1566300858509.png

That's the German SteelBook from 2012.
Thank you.
Admittedly surprised to see the previous (2nd edition) from 2012 ^ with fully printed back and no inside artwork and back and inside art on the previous, previous (1st edition from 2010)

2010:-
1566303027388.png
1566302995022.png
1566303178982.png

Last edited:
missed the original release and didnt buy the re-release, because of the printed tex on the back. now, I'll add this movie to my collection.

Yes! The 1st pressing German release had clean back with original poster art front and back and was way better than the photo shopped silver UK release.

Although it did have inferior inside art but that can be easily sorted by adding custom artwork.

Yet another disappointing re-release, studio milking 4K for all it's worth' £30 a ******* joke and 3 times what play was asking back in the day.

Don't no if it's just me but things seem to be getting worse, most of new big films this year have been garbage (with odd exception) and so many re-releases with poor lazy art and finish.

Would have been an ideal opportunity to release some quality catalogue titles which haven't had a steelbook.

Anyway rant over here's photos of my German edition, will be adding 4K disk when it's in zoom's weekend deal for a tenner

£30 zavvi :hilarious: really!

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I love this film but not worth £24.99

10 years old now and wouldn’t this just be a 4K upscale. Completely not worth it

I love this film but not worth £24.99

10 years old now and wouldn’t this just be a 4K upscale. Completely not worth it

Nope older films benefit more as they are actually shot on film so when scanned at 4K you really get true 4K resolution.

Many newer films shot digitally in 4K or above are actually down scaled to 2K to add cgi special effects and then upscaled back to 4K (apparently it's too time consuming to do in 4K at the moment)

Hence all the cgi ladened 4K Marvel releases are a waste of time, they look marginally better at best.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Nope older films benefit more as they are actually shot on film so when scanned at 4K you really get true 4K resolution.

Many newer films shot digitally in 4K or above are actually down scaled to 2K to add cgi special effects and then upscaled back to 4K (apparently it's too time consuming to do in 4K at the moment)

Hence all the cgi ladened 4K Marvel releases are a waste of time, they look marginally better at best.

Oh wow fair enough. Don’t get me wrong I do notice a big difference in some older titles but usually older than this film.

Interesting though, but I’ve been impressed with some of the newer marvel’s 4K like guardians 1 & 2 and ragnarok etc

Reactions: Mike Haley
Yes when writing my post I was thinking Zombleland was going to be a bad example for bringing my point across.

I'd also like to add that there's absolutely nothing wrong with standard blu-rays which is easily good enough for most of us with 55 inch or below TV's as it's barely possible to tell the difference.

I've started replacing the odd blu-ray with 4K not for the increase in resolution, but because the studio has put the effort into restoring and remastering older titles, things have improved a lot since the early days of blu-ray.

Criterion Collection are a good example they do many 4K restorations but are only released in HD and they look fantastic considering the age of many titles.

Apologies to mods cos I think were getting a little off topic.:)