zomfg foooood

Illiciter

Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2009
k so I just grilled up some swordfish steaks

omg they were awesome.

I've been working on my all around seasoning for fish/beef/pork/chicken so today I added some fine tunings and holy crap did it work!

If there are any cooks around here that like to try stuff - here's the ingredient list for the seasoning.. unfortunately the amounts will have to remain unknown

red cayanne pepper
white pepper
black pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
hot chili pepper
dehydrated honey
mustard powder
kosher salt
turbinado sugar
red curry powder
ancho chili powder

mix all this crap in a bowl in the right amounts and you got pyro's fire seasoning

What is awesome is it is a slow heat.. starts out sweet and smooth on the tongue and then POW, you're lit up!

As an aside, the dehydrated honey is perfect for "auto-glazing" meats because as the powder mixes with the meat juices it reconstitutes the honey. I recommend people find this stuff and use it regularly for sweetening and seasoning.

Anyways, I just wanted to share since I like to cook a lot and like sharing when times are good, and those swordfish steaks were god blessed heavenly to chow on with the seasoning.

Anyone else got recipes/tricks for foods they like? Or any particular meals where you were like, "ahhhhhhh yum yummity yum yum!!" ?

hmmm...i just enjoy a nice beautiful sunny day where your enjoying life without a care in the world,cooking on the BBQ with Extra Tender steaks loaded tastefully with BBQ sauce & potatoes with butter and bacon bits...the smell of the BBQ FTW....

& a icy cold drink of whatever you like,my favorite is of Coca Cola :scat:

Last edited:
hmmm...i just enjoy a nice beautiful sunny day where your enjoying life without a care in the world,cooking on the BBQ with Extra Tender steaks loaded tastefully with BBQ sauce & potatoes with butter and bacon bits...the smell of the BBQ FTW....

& a icy cold drink of whatever you like,my favorite is of Coca Cola :scat:

Mike's Hard Lemonade! haha.

I've only fired up the Q once so far this season and it was awesome. looking forward to many more. so why are you being stingy on the ingredient amounts Alpha? give it up *****! I'm not gonna steal and sell it. PM me if you wish. I LOVE hot food and would love to give this a try but recipes are nothing without the quantities.

i had 2 bbq at the weekend. Must say i love a good bbq.

I had this nice chicken in a tikka masala sauce was lovely and i cooked it just right.

We had a huge mother's day BBQ.. two brisket flats, and like a million hot dogs and brats, apple wine, apple/lavender wine, apple/lavender beer, jalapeno corn salsa, smoked baked beans cooked in a cast iron skillet right in the smoker.. those are the best tasting beans evAR

we also fished, lit some big brush fires.. was nice

Mmmmm pork sausages, i fancy a bbq now. You have me hungry now.

I'll take a well smoked brisket over pork sausages any day. When you carve the point off the flat and the juices literally pour out all over the flat... man.. it makes my heart flutter just thinking about it

slicedbrisket.jpg

Brisket.jpg

SERIOUSLY EEK!

I'm so hungry now. I actually want to eat that. I love meat :D

Ok so im thinking by time i get on a plan and get to you it should be around dinner time. BBQ tonight then alpha???;)

SERIOUSLY EEK!

I'm so hungry now. I actually want to eat that. I love meat :D

Ok so im thinking by time i get on a plan and get to you it should be around dinner time. BBQ tonight then alpha???;)

Friends are always welcome! Next time you find yourself across the pond in the middle of the U.S. send me a message, we're happy to host.
:cheers: