Multi #001 Far Cry 5 (Mondo x SteelBook) (Ubisoft Store Exclusive)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 27, 2018
Purchase link: Ubisoft Store
Notes: Artwork by Jay Shaw. Limited to 4000 units.

DTrzRVJU8AEJzNK.jpg

Last edited:
After having a good think about it, I might actually cancel my order now... I'd rather the steelbook was sold separately, because collecting these is going to turn out to be very expensive if the only way to get them is to buy the bigger editions - which is full of stuff I'm not particularly bothered about if I'm completely honest - and I don't imagine the 20% offer will still be around for future Mondo x releases.

Yeah if they released a version without the vinyl then I'd get it.

Personally with how many collectors editions they have and the fact they have a Ubisoft store I don't see why they don't have something online where you can create your own edition...more you add the pricier it is.

Yeah if they released a version without the vinyl then I'd get it.

Personally with how many collectors editions they have and the fact they have a Ubisoft store I don't see why they don't have something online where you can create your own edition...more you add the pricier it is.
Creating your own editions is actually a great idea!

I doubt it’s part of the line. Doesn’t have anything on the spine, and usually in preview photos they at least have the number on there.

My thoughts too.

I have a complete Mondo X collection and I'm planning to keep it that way. This would've been expensive and I'm not gaming anymore either.

Creating your own editions is actually a great idea!

I seriously don't understand why they haven't done it. They do so many editions and the issue with Ubisoft is they don't add onto the editions sometimes, they take some contents out and replace them with new goodies. This conflicts you because you might want the, lets say, "cloth map" in the Limited Edition but the Collectors Edition has replaced the map with a "replica ring"...however if you look at an edition like this it features a vinyl while another edition might feature the cloth map, ring, vinyl but the steelbook is one of those boring ones with just the logo and the statue is gone. It becomes annoying.

They are going to be packaged at a factory anyway so I don't see why they don't allow us to do it so we get the edition we want, if we get the edition we want them it means we'll buy one. I've seen a ton of people, myself included who pass on some because if they get the most expensive collectors edition they won't get everything making it so their money was kind of wasted, I mean why pay so much if you feel you haven't got everything.

For me if they did it for this game I would have

The Mondo Steelbook
Original Soundtrack on Disc
Hope County Map
Post Cards
Hope County Bandana and Logo Pin
Deer Skull Trophy
All the Digital Pre order content they are offering which you CAN'T unlock within the game

Season Pass? Meh...probably not, however I like when CE do offer it (like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy should have came with their CE for example)

For reference

ubi-fc5-mondo-us-960x540-1075233.jpeg
5919a6846b54a425558b457a-1.jpg
Far-Cry-5-Resistance-Edition.jpg
5919b0d34e016541088b457a-1.jpg

Probably too expensive, but I couldn't resist; I preordered one. :thumbs: I really enjoy the Far Cry games, and I like the idea of having the first ever Mondo x SteelBook video game release. :emb:

I seriously don't understand why they haven't done it. They do so many editions and the issue with Ubisoft is they don't add onto the editions sometimes, they take some contents out and replace them with new goodies. This conflicts you because you might want the, lets say, "cloth map" in the Limited Edition but the Collectors Edition has replaced the map with a "replica ring"...however if you look at an edition like this it features a vinyl while another edition might feature the cloth map, ring, vinyl but the steelbook is one of those boring ones with just the logo and the statue is gone. It becomes annoying.

They are going to be packaged at a factory anyway so I don't see why they don't allow us to do it so we get the edition we want, if we get the edition we want them it means we'll buy one. I've seen a ton of people, myself included who pass on some because if they get the most expensive collectors edition they won't get everything making it so their money was kind of wasted, I mean why pay so much if you feel you haven't got everything.

For me if they did it for this game I would have

The Mondo Steelbook
Original Soundtrack on Disc
Hope County Map
Post Cards
Hope County Bandana and Logo Pin
Deer Skull Trophy
All the Digital Pre order content they are offering which you CAN'T unlock within the game

Season Pass? Meh...probably not, however I like when CE do offer it (like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy should have came with their CE for example)

For reference

ubi-fc5-mondo-us-960x540-1075233.jpeg
5919a6846b54a425558b457a-1.jpg
Far-Cry-5-Resistance-Edition.jpg
5919b0d34e016541088b457a-1.jpg
This game has 3 exclusive steelbooks!!!?
.....And they are struggle to release a single proper steelbook for a new movie -.-

I`m sure that the steelbook from Gold/Resistance Edition will be sold separately for like 20-30 bucks sealed ( actually i like that steel the most). Same as AC origins.
Mondo and the steel from father's edition will be probably available only as a part of package.
Anyway the steels alone will be sold on ebay after the release.

The blue steelbook (Hope Country & Father Edition) can be purchased at Amazon.de for €15 without the game obviously.

Last edited:
What I'm most dissapointed in from this steelbook is after the recent announcement of the Far Cry 3 Classic Edition being bundled with the Season Pass this edition dosen't actually come with any forms of pre order DLC or the Season Pass it's self. Paying like £70 for this and not getting any digital content is a little silly, they could have least bundled the Season Pass or something else.

What I'm most dissapointed in from this steelbook is after the recent announcement of the Far Cry 3 Classic Edition being bundled with the Season Pass this edition dosen't actually come with any forms of pre order DLC or the Season Pass it's self. Paying like £70 for this and not getting any digital content is a little silly, they could have least bundled the Season Pass or something else.

I agree, and the content in the season pass looks good.

I used ubi points to get this for £60, I’m tempted to buy the gold edition from amazon for £57 and take all the DLC out and sell the base game hopefully for around £30.

I woke up to a dispatch email for the Mondo edition this morning, despite me asking them to cancel it last month and receiving a refund. :confused:

Obviously I won't be complaining if I've got it for free, but I'll be annoyed if they've charged me again, since I can't afford it right now! :bored:

Well, it just arrived along with the pre-order bonus book AND a FC5 themed air freshener, which I wasn't expecting. Very tempted to open everything, but I'll probably give it until next week, just in case they charge me again and I have to return it.

• Thanks
Reactions: luke98
Well, it just arrived along with the pre-order bonus book AND a FC5 themed air freshener, which I wasn't expecting. Very tempted to open everything, but I'll probably give it until next week, just in case they charge me again and I have to return it.
That plan lasted all of two hours... just ripped it open after watching some gameplay videos and decided I want to give it a go myself. :p

The edition actually comes very nicely presented, and the steelbook itself (which is just matte unfortunately) has the usual Mondo X clear plastic slip with it's own art that overlays the artwork on the actual steel.

I can't be bothered to take photos right now, so here's an unboxing video I found on YouTube...

• Thanks
Reactions: luke98
That plan lasted all of two hours... just ripped it open after watching some gameplay videos and decided I want to give it a go myself. :p

The edition actually comes very nicely presented, and the steelbook itself (which is just matte unfortunately) has the usual Mondo X clear plastic slip with it's own art that overlays the artwork on the actual steel.

I can't be bothered to take photos right now, so here's an unboxing video I found on YouTube...

Worth the money then? Or do you think it could go down in price?

Doubtful but you never know...there's so many editions, I can't imagine them all going

Worth the money then? Or do you think it could go down in price?

Doubtful but you never know...there's so many editions, I can't imagine them all going
I'd say it's definitely worth the £60 I was originally charged, especially with all the pre-order bonus stuff... I mean, you can pay between £40-£50 for the game itself, so it's a very good deal IMO. As for whether it'll drop in price or not, I couldn't possibly say... these things are so hard to predict nowadays.