#007 Shaun of the Dead (Blu-ray Mondo X SteelBook) (Target Exclusive) (USA)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: July 28th, 2015
Purchase link: Shaun of the Dead Mondo SteelBook
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Notes: Region Free.

Exclusive article https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/05/26/shaun-of-the-dead-mondo-blu-ray-steelbook-target-exclusive/

18852200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks fantastic. I wasn't going to get Flash Gordon as I'm not a big fan of the film and being a completionist (is that a word?) doesn't really mean a great deal to me. That being said, I'm so excited for 007 that I desire to get 006 as well. Heh. Sigh.

Reactions: karma2578
It looks like this follows the theme of the previous Mondo X releases: great front artwork, decent inside artwork, terrible back artwork.

Reactions: svenning
Pass, there are already four different steels for this film, including two in the US. Also not a fan of Tyler Stout's art, or the color-less spine. Only thing I like about it is the disc art - great job there.

Shaun_1_1024x1024.jpg
Shaun_2_1024x1024.jpg
shaun_6_1024x1024.jpg
Shaun_5_1024x1024.jpg

We're bringing the 2004 romantic comedy…with zombies back to life with Mondo x SteelBook® #007: SHAUN OF THE DEAD! Working with Universal Pictures, we're thrilled to add Edgar Wright's horror comedy to the SteelBook collection, featuring Tyler Stout's 2013 poster for the Alamo Drafthouse screening of the "Blood & Ice Cream" Trilogy. Inspired by that infamous scene, the inside contains a blu-ray disc designed to look like smashed vinyl.

SHAUN OF THE DEAD is now available for pre-order and shuffling its way into Target stores on July 28, 2015. So buy milk. Ring Mum. Dodge Zombies. And this July - aim for the head! Click here to Pre-Order!

http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/30435267-mondo-x-steelbook-007-shaun-of-the-dead
Yes! I was hoping they'd use a vinyl design for the disc. :D

As for the back art on these Mondo steels... I actually like that they're quite simple. :)

I mean, I'm not doubting anything. Just very misleading wording in the article from Mondo.

Things have the ability to change on the drop of the dime. However I do know it was 100% before not supposed to be in stores. But I'll follow up.

Yes! I was hoping they'd use a vinyl design for the disc. :D

As for the back art on these Mondo steels... I actually like that they're quite simple. :)

Yep the vinyl design is very fitting. Should have been a copy of New Order's - Blue Monday though, hehe. ;) Agree about the back as well. Stout only made 1 edition of this print and since this is a Mondo steelbook they can't just put a random pic on the back. That goes for the other Mondo X steels as well, so the simple backs don't bother me.

Edit:
Although it could have been cool if they used the portrait print by Stout on the back of Drive. But that's only because he did several editions of Drive.

Reactions: Noodles