#008 The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: July 28, 2015
Purchase link: The Thing (Mondo SteelBook)
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Note: Region free

Hidefninja.com Exclusive article

Beauty-Shot-the-thing-mondo.jpg

TheThingSleevepic.jpg

Attachments

• thing1.jpg
    thing1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 958
  • thingfront1.jpg
    thingfront1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 895
Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't the art on the back have been extended to accommodate centering the art? Speaking of which, I thought Mondo x SteelBook were looking into doing more with their back arts.

You might just be the first to accuse Zach Snyder of making deep cinema. Between him and Michael Bay, Bergman and Fellini need not worry that their mantles are in jeapordy.;)

While Bay is nothing but explosions, many people especially Americans "according to many British critics" don't give Snyder enough credit. You only have to look at his body of work to see that while he is a mainstream blockbuster maker, he's far from shallow. His remake of Dawn was one of the few that actually tried something different and is highly regarded by horror fans, 300 ok granted took a thin historical event and expanded it out to make something truly visual with not much else going on in it, but from there on out his films have been far from one dimensional. Watchmen was a superb adaptation that wove the political themes beautifully throughout the film and is still the most thought provoking comic book adaptation. Sucker Punch was a film that left many cold and confused as to what it actually was, thankfully quite a few intelligent UK critics got what he was trying to attempt. A simple story that used heavy visuals that explores nervous breakdowns, mental health and depression on a quite profound level. Unfortunately the film was so heavily stylised many just didn't get or pick up on the underlying story, which is a shame as he did a superb job for those that truly understand the health conditions he was trying to deal with. Man Of steel was also a brilliant modern take on the Superman story adding in touches of realism missing from previous attempts, whether he continues the DC universe in that style remains to be seen but as an A list Hollywood director he has with each film added thought provoking touches missing from many of his fellow blockbusters films. People just don't pick up on them because of his heavy use of effects.

Anyways back to this release, PASS!

Last edited:
Couldn't the art on the back have been extended to accommodate centering the art? Speaking of which, I thought Mondo x SteelBook were looking into doing more with their back arts.

Yeah, I think that's something we can expect for the future, but not the immediate future.

I'm not a big fan of this art but I will get it as the movie is decent and I want to continue my Mondo collection!:)