#008 The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: July 28, 2015
Purchase link: The Thing (Mondo SteelBook)
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Note: Region free

Hidefninja.com Exclusive article

Beauty-Shot-the-thing-mondo.jpg

TheThingSleevepic.jpg

Attachments

• thing1.jpg
    thing1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 960
  • thingfront1.jpg
    thingfront1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 897
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh, July will be expensive. I love Mondo Collection, I just dislike when they decide to inundate the market with a whole lot of releases at once. Anyway that's business and we are all here waiting for more.

Wow, that is awesome. I've been meaning to pick up the previously released versions but the landscape steels are literally abhorrent, I bet they were all high-fiving each other when some cement head came up with that fabulous idea during their pow-wows. Outstanding film and a cracking addition to the mondo collection.

Never seen the film (mainly because I'm not keen on horror), and I wasn't a fan of the remake. Love that artwork though, and it's Mondo, so of course I've got to have it!

Holy **** this looks awesome. And to top it off, it's not the remake, which I was a little afraid of.

Only problem is it's not a BB exclusive and Target is no more over here in Canada. Done with needing to pay more to import steels, especially since I'll need the money for school.

is it the remade or the original (1982)?

EDIT: nevermind it is John Carpenter's original, will skip it

Last edited:
is it the remade or the original (1982)?

This should be the 1982 version. The new one, which is not a remake but a prelude to John Carpenter's. The new does not display John Carpenters name at all on the front of the case, may mention him in the summary on the back, though. This is in regards to regular blu ray/dvd cases.

Reactions: lolwut
@apsmith21 @Wreck I know it has been stated that these will be online only, but all 3 Target releases state available in store on 7/28 as well as being available to order online.

Online only.

Who you gonna believe, the people that always get you the right answer, 100% of the time, or the retailers that continually steer you wrong through errors in their listing?

Just saying. :p

Reactions: IRON MAN
Online only.

Who you gonna believe, the people that always get you the right answer, 100% of the time, or the retailers that continually steer you wrong through errors in their listing?

Just saying. :p
I always believe you guys.:whistle::cigar::whistle: Just thought I had previously seen that it had stated not available in stores.:bag:

This is awesome.i mean this is just flippin beautiful!!! :) And i dont own it on blu yet either so this is a total win. Probably my favorite mondo so far,but just ordered Flash and Shaun of the Dead and this in one shot. July 28th isnt too long a wait

I'm not a big fan of this art but I will get it as the movie is decent and I want to continue my Mondo collection!:)
Decent? You do know this JOHN CARPENTER's The Thing and NOT the remake, right?
It's a stone cold classic. And I am WAY more happy to be able to have this than that UK Play horizontal abomination that was just awful.
(I think one must also own the German copy just for Drew Stuzan's iconic poster art.
Even if it does say Das Ding:LOL:!)