#009 Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Variant (Mondo x SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: June 30th, 2015
Purchase link: Terminator 2: Judgment Day Variant Mondo X SteelBook
Price: $32.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: Variant is printed on the steelbook, NOT on the sleeve.

Some of the features of the SKYNET 1997 version Blu-ray SteelBook:

-Custom foil microchip sticker
-Zero credit sleeve to let the art shine through
-8 page art booklet
-Mondo X SteelBook™ series #009
-Art created by Mondo artist Tom Whalen
-Rugged satin finish
-Deep white layers that make the metal shine through (like it's under the skin)

HDN exclusive article:
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/06/...eelbook-is-009-in-the-mondo-x-steelbook-line/

HDN Exclusive Teaser Video

00.jpg

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly it's the newer disc released recently in the US (so better transfer) but it only features the special edition, and doesn't include the theatrical cut.
It has the theatrical cut listed as a extra on the back of the regular slip

Img_6481.jpg

Attachments

• 162205-3d714e33663222122267679dc388e9e2.jpg
    162205-3d714e33663222122267679dc388e9e2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
I know

But it's not on the disc

I took the info from BD forums from someone who has actually unsealed it and tested it in a BD player

So it appears its just the Extended Edition of the film with DTS 5.1 HD sound.

No Theatrical version or Super Extended Version, and 6.1 DTS HD like the Skynet edition.

However, having compared the two of them, the picture quality is vastly superior on this edition to the Skynet edition. To me its night a day. Detail is much higher due to the lack of DNR.

Since I prefer the Extended (Directors Cut) version, which this is, and the original 5.1 surround, this basically is the best version of the film you will see and hear. IMHO

It's good to see that warning sticker on the box so we don't get the spine slashes. I don't get why they just can't put a thick piece of cardboard on top of the steelbooks so it eliminates any chance of slashes happening.

Reactions: Bruckle
It's good to see that warning sticker on the box so we don't get the spine slashes. I don't get why they just can't put a thick piece of cardboard on top of the steelbooks so it eliminates any chance of slashes happening.
Wasn't applicable to all..just probably the lucky few. my box had a huge hole in the middle. Just got lucky steels were not damaged.
image.jpg

I got mine today, no warning sticker and scratches all though the sleeve. Really wish they would put some sort of packing material in with these to help protect through transit.

Looks great. Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I'm not too fond of the ad on the back cover but I can live with it.