10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #54) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 18, 2016 (Standard) - FAC (Janurary 16th , 2017)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 799 CZK (FAC)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

10.jpg

10.jpg 10_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tag @Mickle_89 , much appreciated as I've been waiting for this:notworthy::thumbs:

It's a great film so I held off of buying the steelbook in favor of this but I'm quite disappointed, I love the slip but all the stair imagery on the steelbook, lenti and cards is serious overkill... I don't know if I want this now, I'll have to think about it.. need to see the slip on a bigger screen too so I can get a better look at it and see if it's worth the expense. damn.... I was so excited for this one too

It`s a FAC with a nice slip, instant buy !! :naughty:
Have not seen the movie, but what people here are writing i probably should :p
Should i see Cloverfield first to understand Cloverfield Lane?...

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Thanks for the tag @Mickle_89 , much appreciated as I've been waiting for this:notworthy::thumbs:

It's a great film so I held off of buying the steelbook in favor of this but I'm quite disappointed, I love the slip but all the stair imagery on the steelbook, lenti and cards is serious overkill... I don't know if I want this now, I'll have to think about it.. need to see the slip on a bigger screen too so I can get a better look at it and see if it's worth the expense. damn.... I was so excited for this one too

I'm dissapointed with the lenti art (like I usually am with FAC) but I don't mind the stairs art included in the cards aswell as the slip art and few other poster images. No different to what kimchi do

I can't think of what they could of used for the lenti art instead though given all the artwork for the film is used for either the full slip, steel and art cards. So it was always going to be a double up (or Tripple up in this case)

But like @Actarus mentioned I too wasn't a fan of the steel but it grew on me and like he mentioned we have the better finish and debossed title.
My only nit pick with the steel is the front image with goodmans character. For me it's too close to the edge of the steel and would of prefered the red poster with him on the back and the blue poster with lizs character on the front as she's more centered

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk

I watched this movie first never saw Cloverfield and I really enjoyed it. Really stay away from description of this movie not to to spoil it for you to watch it with no expectations. I personally Loved it. Don't look at the Back Art of the Fullslip :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Azur87

No you don't need to see cloverfield first. Completely unrelated apart from having the name in the title.
The idea for this, cloverfield and the future films are It's a anthology idea with a twighlight zone twist

The next one is out next Feb and again unrelated to this and Clovie (called the God particle) but it's being produced by JJ and bad robot team.

(The monster is cloverfield in the first film,
The house address is cloverfield in this film,
And it could be the name of a plant for example in the next film - if that makes sense)

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't know. On one hand, it's nice to finally see a slip for this film. The front of the slip is awesome, but the back completely spoils the end of the film (even though, yes, I know some countries used it as a theatrical poster). And then the lenticular and artcards are just repeated images from the SteelBook/slipbox, so they just seem redundant. I'd rather them not be there and this be a cheaper package.

The lenti should've just been these two images:

6cec24b53c3f99e4e5641b4c28210b02.jpg
---------->>>>
cNqpbobRjdyQpduYTFA-cRiZKcdHOQZmfaeP_YguOXdwCC6zqk-x1m-VBFXlqY3Y-czE=w200

Hmm... I don't know. On one hand, it's nice to finally see a slip for this film. The front of the slip is awesome, but the back completely spoils the end of the film (even though, yes, I know some countries used it as a theatrical poster). And then the lenticular and artcards are just repeated images from the SteelBook/slipbox, so they just seem redundant. I'd rather them not be there and this be a cheaper package.

---------->>>>

Those are included in art cards set too

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89

---------->>>>
I'd take that over what's offered here anyday :thumbs:

Actually looking at the package I would of rather the lenti was the image of the back of the character cards with a close up of the house

One transition would be it all lit up with the film title like on the back of the character card and the next transition no title and no lights shining through the windows. That would be cooler for me

That's how I would of done it

The stairs art is overkill on Art cards, steel and lenti

This is the first fac I am a bit disappointed in. Full slip is awesome steel is Wwa so it's non issue. But my main thing with facs have been the lenti magnets and it being the same image as the steel is a let down for me. I think myself I would have liked to see. One where the girl is looking up through the window and then sees the word help eched into the glass. Maybe a 2-3 flip sequence to lead up to that one where she's feeling it on the inside of the glass. Or a other I think would been cool is his barral of acid and him dropping something into it and it starts to sizzle and pop. Just my thoughts on it. Still gonna get it because the slip looks good

Those are included in art cards set too

Still be better than repeating the exact same images from on the SteelBook, though. ... And sorry, but I will forever think that artcards are useless. I can print images off on cardboard at home. I'd gladly take a thicker booklet or a patch or even a sheet of stickers over artcards.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Flloydo
It's all good! I'm happy that you enjoy them. :)

lol When they are nice I do...I don't always love them :emb: ...but I think that people find that there's too many stairs pictures as we see the whole shot with all the picturea at once, when you open your Fullslip you don't see that many at once...I think though that this could have been an edition without lenti Magnet... but on the steel and with The Fullslip it won't be as overwhelming (even though I prefer your 2 images that you showed would have been better for the lenti)