2.1...5.1...7.1...9.1?????

Oct 9, 2011
US
2.1, 5.1, 7.1, 9.1..... Which do you prefer or have??? What do you use your system mainly for Music or HT? Speaker preference? Dream system??? Post pics of what you have. :D:D

Currently using a stereo system, as it's focused on music reproduction (I turn on the sub for movies), but planning on a 3.2 or eventually a 5.2. From extensive listening sessions I've come to realize that for the best enjoyment of movies the front three channels are by far the most important, and I'd rather spend the extra funds on better quality equipment than the surround channels.

7.1 HD set up in my house. 100w per speaker and an active sub

Love my audio :) pics soon

5.1 used entirely for Home cinema use 5 X 100w plus Active sub.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

would post a pick but need 8 posts to do so.EEK!

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Only 3 more posts and the can post a pic.......

5.1 - mainly used for movies and once in a while some games... And very rarely some music as well, I got some great headphones I usually listen to music with.

2.1, 5.1, 7.1, 9.1..... Which do you prefer or have??? What do you use your system mainly for Music or HT? Speaker preference? Dream system??? Post pics of what you have. :D:D

Here ya go. 5.1 currently:

Front view-
8620217021_2be945f7bc_z.jpg

More than enough for my little 140sqft room.

Which do you prefer or have???

I prefer to have the exact same speaker for all locations regardless of brand.

What do you use your system mainly for Music or HT?

Everything. Movies, Music, Gaming, etc.

Reactions: Troll2Fan
7.2 system in my house...
Outlaw Audio Model 7700 Amp
Onkyo PR-SC5509 Pre/Pro
Paradigm Studio 100s for front with a Paradigm Center
Sonance 8" 3-way Ceiling for surround sides
Sonance 8" 3-way Walls for surround rears
SVS PB12-PLUS and SB-1000 subs

Currently 5.2, but I'm getting ready to upgrade speakers and plan to add two more speakers.

Current set up:

Pioneer Elite SC-61
Mirage Speakers without the accompanying sub as seen here.
Velodyne 8" Minivee sub as seen here
Acoustech PL-200 12" sub as seen here
Furman power conditioner

My system is used for 90% movies and 10% music.

When I eventually get a new and better system, I will install it in 7.2 straight away.

Not gonna happen anytime soon though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 7.0 right now
Energy cf-70s front
Energy cc10 center
Energy cr20 sides l/r
Energy cb-5 backs l/r

Using denon 2112ci

Once my non dedicated theater is complete I'm going to revamp my speaker setup
First going to move to the denon 4520. Finally add my outlaw Ex sub. Buy cb-20s for my backs, move my cb-5s to the front heights and then see how the 9.1 sounds. If good I'll stop there but at least with the 4520 the 11.1 will be there as an option. My ideal system wouldn't be to crazy , just upgrade everything to the Veritas line.

7.1 but I am considering removing 2 speakers and going 5.1. The living room is not big, but is also not small, but I get a sense that I am not really getting the best out of the 7.1. Maybe I just need to play around with the receiver's settings and re-adjust the sound levels.