2012 Whats your Plan/Project-HT/Entertainment, etc

Pud1804

Steelbook Whisperer
Premium Supporter
Aug 17, 2010
Scotland
Just wondering if anyone has any plans or projects set for 2012, and I don't mean buying steelbooks.

Are you going to be upgrading your tv or adding a sound system/projector or sorting out storage (always seems to be the one, probably because we are always adding lol) share your plans Idea's.

I will start I have a spare room in my house thats a proper man cave, seriously you could build a car with the tools ext that are there :hilarious:. Its my pottering about room when its too cold for the garage.

I have decided to completely empty it and turn it into a display room :D for my ever growing collection. I now have some very nice steel and its about time it was displayed properly so I plan to use the whole room floor to ceiling shelfing for proper on stand full frontal display. I will be starting this in the next couple of months and will update with pictures along the way.

So what about You

If I'm honest I'd like a a new amp, wireless 3D projector and matching Blu ray player. Doubt it'll happen mind. Forgot that the speakers are a bit "yesterday"; they were a compromise with "her indoors" so are Mission FS1 6.1. Not bad for little speakers but would prefer conventional speakers to NXT ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pud1804
I think educate myself more about all these funky audio and video specs that come with our blurays and are involved with HT setups that I usually have no idea what there all about would be a start.

But if anything I think I will upgrade my 47" LCD to a 70" LED for my HT in my room. You guys think 12 feet is enough distance between a 70", lol ?

Reactions: Pud1804
I think educate myself more about all these funky audio and video specs that come with our blurays and are involved with HT setups that I usually have no idea what there all about would be a start.

But if anything I think I will upgrade my 47" LCD to a 70" LED for my HT in my room. You guys think 12 feet is enough distance between a 70", lol ?

It wouldn't bother me Brother :D

Nothing major for us. We've just got ourselves a 55 inches 3D LED TV, that'll do for the couple next years. And no fancy audio system, our neighbours might not like that at all :)

It wouldn't bother me Brother :D

lol. I bet.

I think 11.5 feet is enough to view a 70" screen. The 80" is too much $$$ and the 70" comes in 3D although I don't care for 3D to be honest and my receiver isn't 3D capable either. That being said I don't want to buy a new tv and not get technology that may be the way forward even if I don't like it.

In a dilemma about the 3D thing with my next TV purchase... to get or not.

lol. I bet.

I think 11.5 feet is enough to view a 70" screen. The 80" is too much $$$ and the 70" comes in 3D although I don't care for 3D to be honest and my receiver isn't 3D capable either. That being said I don't want to buy a new tv and not get technology that may be the way forward even if I don't like it.

In a dilemma about the 3D thing with my next TV purchase... to get or not.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about 3D but the thing that stops me every time is having to wear glasses just to watch a TV. Sometimes theres a dozen mates here for the football/boxing /F1...ect So where do you draw the line, tell them to bring their own or take the hit and buy 10 more pairs that would be expensive as they are on average £35 per pair (£350 EEK!) I will wait till they sort out the glasses free 3D I just hope its sooner rather than later

I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about 3D but the thing that stops me every time is having to wear glasses just to watch a TV. Sometimes theres a dozen mates here for the football/boxing /F1...ect So where do you draw the line, tell them to bring their own or take the hit and buy 10 more pairs that would be expensive as they are on average £35 per pair (£350 EEK!) I will wait till they sort out the glasses free 3D I just hope its sooner rather than later

EXACTLY!!!! you took the words from my mouth. I would be far more into 3D if it were glasses free. I hate wearing those goofy glasses.

I guess I will probably just go for the Sharp 70" LED without 3D at some point this upcoming year. I was worried about it being to big for my space, but, after reading many posts online in various places it seems 70" with 11.5 feet in-between should be just fine. I think 70" should be roughly double the viewing screen over my current 47" which should be nice. :D

EXACTLY!!!! you took the words from my mouth. I would be far more into 3D if it were glasses free. I hate wearing those goofy glasses.

I guess I will probably just go for the Sharp 70" LED without 3D at some point this upcoming year. I was worried about it being to big for my space, but, after reading many posts online in various places it seems 70" with 11.5 feet in-between should be just fine. I think 70" should be roughly double the viewing screen over my current 47" which should be nice. :D

Go for it Bud, I hope you will take some pic's when its in. ;)

My big plan is to relocate to Canada, hopefully later this year. I plan to purchase one of those Mitsubishi Laserview HDTV's, probably 82".

Very cool. Welcome to Canada when you relocate!

If you don't mind me asking why the Mistu Laservue TV instead some of the other big screen offerings like the Sharp 80" LED ?

Edit: just checked them out and I guess it would price?

Last edited:
Reactions: lbogenschnmicha