3D 3D Poll: Are you seeing the world in 3D?

Do you have to or have you purchased 3D equipment?

• Yes, I own a 3D HDTV and player, plus a few movies!

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • No, I have not yet purchased 3D equipment, but it's likely that I will.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • No, I have not purchased 3D equipment, and I will not because it's a "fad".

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • I am not sure if I will or not-depends on price.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I am not sure if I will or not-depends on the # of movies released.

• Nope, 3D is for theaters only-you can't replicate the experience at home.

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 25 39.1%

Votes: 28 43.8%

• Total voters
I have not purchased a 3D HDTV and am not sure if I will. I may wait for one without glasses. I am excited about the tech and it's clear to me that the theater experience will continue to benefit from 3D if done correctly, as there is a large release slate planned including numerous re-releases of classics and new non-kids movies. But I am on the fence with the glasses, eventhough the Panasonic Plasmas are simply stunning.

I'm with Horhay.... I'm loving it so far. Don't have any Blu's w/ 3d yet but watch a lot of ESPN 3d and it kicks ass. My only complaint is how expensive the glasses are($150-$190) got a family of 5 and one pair of glasses... :cool:

Why are the Sony sets the best? Cause you say so? Everything I 've read has the Panny 1st with the Sammy being a close 2nd. Not to mention the fact the Plasma's are far superior to the Leds for 3d. Last time I checked Sony doesn't even make a Plasma. Please explain!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry.

Hey Horhay, very true. I'll wait and see how it shakes out. After having gone through several format changes and evolutions (we all sustain blows from that as tech is always "in progress"), I'll stay tuned on this one. I have to say I am excited about Fifa 3D, for you (I love Soccer, too, so it's cool to see this released). I love the fact that sports and other content are available in 3D, and more is coming our way.

Why are the Sony sets the best? Cause you say so? Everything I 've read has the Panny 1st with the Sammy being a close 2nd. Not to mention the fact the Plasma's are far superior to the Leds for 3d. Last time I checked Sony doesn't even make a Plasma. Please explain!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry.

I was puzzled by his statement as well. Although, I have seen the Sony on display and it looks amazing, but according to various reviews they place Panny as the top 3D set.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Dish Network doesn't have ESPN 3D so I haven't checked out anything other than the footy footage from the WC. I have no clue how American Football looks like. Maybe Horns can chime in?

ESPN3D is awesome!! Plan on getting my set this holiday or 1st half of next year! :scat: We have a 3D Panny at work and a Sony and the Panny wins hands down. I never liked Plasma but looks like I will be the proud owner of one real soon!!

Dish Network doesn't have ESPN 3D so I haven't checked out anything other than the footy footage from the WC. I have no clue how American Football looks like. Maybe Horns can chime in?
Dish Network is busy losing channels instead of gaining :hilarious:

Only reason why DTV still has FOX is because their contract hasn't expired. Just wait until it does and gives the opportunity for Murdoch to triple its fees.

I am not looking to pay extra $20 to have FOX in my programming to be honest.

ESPN3D is awesome!! Plan on getting my set this holiday or 1st half of next year! :scat: We have a 3D Panny at work and a Sony and the Panny wins hands down. I never liked Plasma but looks like I will be the proud owner of one real soon!!

didnt you just buy a new tv