Akira (Blu-ray SteelBook) (30th Anniversary Limited Edition Boxset) [Australia]

Futurhythm

Premium Supporter
May 16, 2013
In Technicolor
Release date: November 1, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon AU - JB Hi-Fi - Madman
Price: AUS $134.82 (Amazon) - $151 $111 (JB Hi-Fi) - $159.95 (Madman)
Note: Includes Akira Symphonic Suite Soundtrack on vinyl, 32 page Production Book, and 52 page Akira Animation Archives Book

261855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
from Amazon AU
Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:
"Akira - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Box-set"
Estimated arrival date: 09/12/2018 - 12/12/2018

It was postponed to December 4th. :grumpy::sick:

I'm on the fence about this. I love old-school vinyl-sized box sets, and I also don't own the records yet so there's that. But at the same time, Madman are terrible and I don't want to give them money.

I'll have to go check it out in stores on release day and see what it's actually like and make up my mind then.

It looks like JB Hi Fi has reduced the price to $111 (AU). Shipping to Canada is $49 though according to the shipping estimate. Does anyone have any experience with how well JB Hi Fi packs their orders for international delivery?

Your in luck as JB’s 20% off Blu-Ray sales run like clockwork with their next 20% off sale coming up on the 26th of December and usually runs up until around New Years Eve.
I don't really go there that often or check their site. I only found out about their last 20% off sale when I happened to wander past them on its last day. For whatever reason though, the three JBs in that area all had this set marked at a higher price than what's listed on their site - $159 vs $139. I also completely forgot about the pickup in store option, so I really could've just bought it online.

But yeah, their sales pop up pretty damn often.

I don't really go there that often or check their site. I only found out about their last 20% off sale when I happened to wander past them on its last day. For whatever reason though, the three JBs in that area all had this set marked at a higher price than what's listed on their site - $159 vs $139. I also completely forgot about the pickup in store option, so I really could've just bought it online.

I don't think this sells that well so you should still be able to pick one up during the next sale. Also items usually gets scanned in based on the online prices so it's generally safe to ignore the in-store ones, or just show them the online price if it scans in at the higher price.

Same here I’ve hardly been into JB this year with the only exceptions being their Buy 1 Get 1 Free Sale in May and their Black Friday Sale last month so I could stock up on some 4K Amaray’s.

I wouldn’t worry to much as what it’s listed in store as it should scan in what it’s listed online if not they should honour the price once shown on your phone. You do have to be careful though as they do like to jack the prices up on some items just before a sale aswell which you can see by monitoring prices leading upto a sale online.