Akira (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Akira Blu-ray SteelBook - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004QOT098/?tag=hidefnin-21

AkiraSteelBook3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of months ago. I tought I have bought too many steelbooks and as this is getting cheaper and cheaper I will buy it another day. Then it sold out and now back again . I suppose I am lucky.

Just received from base via email

I'm afraid we've been trying to get hold of Akira - Collector's Edition Steelbook (Blu-Ray & DVD) (Catalog Number: MANG5219) for some time now, but unfortunately we have now learnt that our suppliers have withdrawn this item from sale.
I'm very sorry that we will not be able to fulfil your order for this item but we are certain that we will not be able to get any more of it.

We have now removed it from our site. As we cannot get this item, we have removed it from your order.
If you had other items on this order they will not have been affected and will still be sent to you as normal.
You can view and check the latest status of your order at base.com

Looks like I am out of luck with this thought I had loads of time to get one not any more :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmv will no longer be stocking this as suppliers are now dry its only available instore at handful of outlets everywhere else is the same

An unbelievable bargain for those quick enough to grab one http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/19095324/-/Product.html?source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:85386&awc=1418_1364894006_aa21c00663ef102efae069bbc56451f8 £9.76

Damn, £9.76 was too good to be true! Got the following email from the trader on play.com

Good morning,

You have recently purchased a copy of The Akira steelbook from DVDEmporium. I’m afraid this order will not be fulfilled. The item was listed incorrectly by Play.com and should have been the Bluray that we can supply not the Steelbook.

We can supply the Bluray if you wish but I imagine that it is the Steelbook that you are after.

Please accept my sincere apologies from DVDEmporium.

Damn, £9.76 was too good to be true! Got the following email from the trader on play.com

Good morning,

You have recently purchased a copy of The Akira steelbook from DVDEmporium. I’m afraid this order will not be fulfilled. The item was listed incorrectly by Play.com and should have been the Bluray that we can supply not the Steelbook.

We can supply the Bluray if you wish but I imagine that it is the Steelbook that you are after.

Please accept my sincere apologies from DVDEmporium.

ouch, unlucky dude. got one similar email before. I was actually lucky enough to get one from a guy on ebay a few months ago for a measly ten euro and minor shipping costs. don't think he was aware of how rare the thing is.

Hi guys, i've got chance to get hold of this open but in mint condition with slip not sure if there's a booklet with it for £12. I've not seen this film since I was about 15 which was on VHS at the time is it worth the purchase and if so whats the transfare and audio like.

I remember having the pre-order in for this (when it was limited to 10,000). Then the company forgot to turn the machine off and kept churning them until they ran out of steel!

Hi guys, i've got chance to get hold of this open but in mint condition with slip not sure if there's a booklet with it for £12. I've not seen this film since I was about 15 which was on VHS at the time is it worth the purchase and if so whats the transfare and audio like.

Yep, that's a good price. I haven't watched the blu-ray yet but at £12 it doesn't really matter IMO.