Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 10) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 20, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - One Click (Pre-order on August 25 at 6 PM HK time)
Price: $41.99 (Individual editions) - $125.97 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular A - Lenticular B
Notes: 2500 numbered copies (One Click 400 + Full Slip 400 + Lenti A 500 + Lenti B 400)

Fullslip.jpgLenti A.jpgLenti B.jpgBoxset.jpg

20626843_1473762832733820_2459998244172256503_o.jpg
[ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We watched the movie and loved it which means we are making the exclusive steelbook for the Alien Covenant! Steelbook has been approved. We are aiming for the Late September release and hope that the rest of process goes smoothly.
19601344_1439357456174358_4844366141747089836_n.jpg
201708002-alien_covenant_LS-A_lenti_3D_1024x1024.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures, Tobi :thumbs:

I was referring to the dark "line" in my picture (see below the yellow line):

14.jpg

It doesn't seem to be part of the artwork, does it? I don't want to bother John unless I'm sure it's a fault. It's pretty obvious and easily spotted in reality.

Thanks for the pictures, Tobi :thumbs:

I was referring to the dark "line" in my picture (see below the yellow line):

View attachment 342369

It doesn't seem to be part of the artwork, does it? I don't want to bother John unless I'm sure it's a fault. It's pretty obvious and easily spotted in reality.
Okay I tried with different light sources and can say I have three of these lines but veeeery hard to see and as I said under very strange light conditions. And they are not at the same place as your line.

Because of this I would say it is not part of the artwork and if its easy to spot on your copy, than it is a flaw.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: CleverLoginName
I've noticed these group buy steels have been arriving a little faster than they used to - are they shipping the direct buys out via EMS automatically?

Sorry for asking something that I know has been asked many times before but...what is the best site to use for tracking shipments?

Sure Joh! :)
I dont know what you mean exactly, but I took some pics of my copy so you can compare. The dots are part of the debossing :)
Couldnt find the line in your picture on mine.

View attachment 342364 View attachment 342365 View attachment 342366
Just received mine today....are all these little dots intentional on the packaging? When I was opening mine the first thing I saw was the lines on the top right of the cover and my immediate reaction was that this had been badly damaged somehow. Then I saw the debossing around the characters at the left so I am guessing it is all part of the debossing effect?

As much as I love the design of this cover, this debossing just looks a mess. Looks like someone has randomly attacked it with a pick axe - holes all over the place with no relation to any paintwork. And those 10 lines at the top right just look way too much like damage. It' hard to be proud of something like that in your collection.

Just received mine today....are all these little dots intentional on the packaging? When I was opening mine the first thing I saw was the lines on the top right of the cover and my immediate reaction was that this had been badly damaged somehow. Then I saw the debossing around the characters at the left so I am guessing it is all part of the debossing effect?

As much as I love the design of this cover, this debossing just looks a mess. Looks like someone has randomly attacked it with a pick axe - holes all over the place with no relation to any paintwork. And those 10 lines at the top right just look way too much like damage. It' hard to be proud of something like that in your collection.
yep, dont worry, all of that is part of the debossing.. but you are right, looks kinda strange on some areas

Outrageous! Another steelbook from Manta with loads....LOADS of scratches! EEK!:mad: Im so pissed off because it is such a stunning steelbook, the quality of print, awesome artwork and proper full gloss almost like a mirror, but such a bad quality control and handling by manufacturers/assemblers :angry:. Immediate email to Manta, I really hope they still have some spare ones, coz I don´t want money back and certainly don´t want such a scratched steelbook in collection.

DSC_1265.jpg DSC_1284.jpg

Outrageous! Another steelbook from Manta with loads....LOADS of scratches! EEK!:mad: Im so pissed off because it is such a stunning steelbook, the quality of print, awesome artwork and proper full gloss almost like a mirror, but such a bad quality control and handling by manufacturers/assemblers :angry:. Immediate email to Manta, I really hope they still have some spare ones, coz I don´t want money back and certainly don´t want such a scratched steelbook in collection.

View attachment 343915 View attachment 343916

Wow..that are really heavy scratches. I hope they have a replacement steel for you. I think i open one of the OC slips and see if everything is alright with the steel.

Reactions: Hereticz