Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 10) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 20, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - One Click (Pre-order on August 25 at 6 PM HK time)
Price: $41.99 (Individual editions) - $125.97 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular A - Lenticular B
Notes: 2500 numbered copies (One Click 400 + Full Slip 400 + Lenti A 500 + Lenti B 400)

Fullslip.jpgLenti A.jpgLenti B.jpgBoxset.jpg

20626843_1473762832733820_2459998244172256503_o.jpg
[ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We watched the movie and loved it which means we are making the exclusive steelbook for the Alien Covenant! Steelbook has been approved. We are aiming for the Late September release and hope that the rest of process goes smoothly.
19601344_1439357456174358_4844366141747089836_n.jpg
201708002-alien_covenant_LS-A_lenti_3D_1024x1024.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I'm not trying to be a troll here, but from what I understand, the last decent Alien movie was released 31 years ago as Aliens. But Prometheus sucked and I heard this sucked even harder.

Now I know Ridley Scott has plans to battle James Cameron on who can release the most sequels to their movies with plans up to Alien 99.

So I'm wondering are people still following this series to the end like it's a TV series just to see if it ever makes any sense? Kinda like the X-Files?

Or do people still love every second of anything in the Alien franchise? Or do they just buy these premium editions of this franchise because they have to have the whole collection of premiums for this franchise no matter what?

OK I'm not trying to be a troll here, but from what I understand, the last decent Alien movie was released 31 years ago as Aliens. But Prometheus sucked and I heard this sucked even harder.

Now I know Ridley Scott has plans to battle James Cameron on who can release the most sequels to their movies with plans up to Alien 99.

So I'm wondering are people still following this series to the end like it's a TV series just to see if it ever makes any sense? Kinda like the X-Files?

Or do people still love every second of anything in the Alien franchise? Or do they just buy these premium editions of this franchise because they have to have the whole collection of premiums for this franchise no matter what?

loved prometheus and covenant.. alien 3 & 4 are the worst of the bunch for me, but i still like them and would buy a single premium edition of each as opposed to buy every editon i remotely like of the four other movies

Good to see that at least one retailer is using that artwork as cover art :thumbs: but whether or not the choice of this image as back art being the best choice is very much open to question . . .

DNSu5m1VQAAFI46.jpg:large

Would be good, though, if Fox and others follower WB's lead in requesting that the logos etc. are placed inside the steelbook instead of on the back . . . preferably under the disc/s . . . as seen on some of their recent steelbooks.

De-bossed title looks very "off" on this one (looking more like the title on the lenti slip than it should) - hopefully an isolated example of QC failure.
DNSu5m3V4AAHLDe.jpg:large

DNSu5nIVQAAIPK9.jpg:large

I dont know where you're hearing this but i loved Prometheus and Covenant. My only issue with Covenant is that it couldnt decide whether it wanted to be a SciFi/Horror like the original Alien or SciFi/Mystery like Prometheus so we ended up getting both. They could've gone either way and would've made the movie even better. Just my $0.02

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I dont know where you're hearing this but i loved Prometheus and Covenant. My only issue with Covenant is that it couldnt decide whether it wanted to be a SciFi/Horror like the original Alien or SciFi/Mystery like Prometheus so we ended up getting both. They could've gone either way and would've made the movie even better. Just my $0.02

Again it just seemed to be the general consensus by fans, moviegoers and critics at the time of their theatrical releases.

I've seen Prometheus and due to my lack of intelligence I wasn't able to even begin to understand anything about this movie. And yet I bought the blu-ray used with slipcover for $2.50. You know, just to keep the collection going.:) But I've only ever seen Prometheus once and that was back in the day and I remember nothing about it.

And when Covenant hit theatres I didn't hear anything good about it from anyone so I have never seen it and I'm in no hurry to. So I figure I have to stop the insanity and finally give up on this series. For me it isn't going to get better.

But you have answered my question. There apparently are people out there who genuinely still like this franchise.

And as far as your comment of "I dont know where you're hearing this but i loved Prometheus and Covenant." well it was here. Obviously! ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
You can't take critics or other people's opinions as gospel or let them influence you into not seeing a movie. I love the movie Zodiac, i think personally it's a masterpiece but know there are alot of people who think it's slow or boring and that's absolutely fine. Most sci-fi or horror movies get shunned by prestigious movie awards cause they for some reason aren't deemed worthy of recognition but doesn't mean the movies are bad, just old guard thinking. If you like Alien then why not see it.. What's the worst that can happen, you lose two hours? And guess what..you might even enjoy it

You can't take critics or other people's opinions as gospel or let them influence you into not seeing a movie. I love the movie Zodiac, i think personally it's a masterpiece but know there are alot of people who think it's slow or boring and that's absolutely fine. Most sci-fi or horror movies get shunned by prestigious movie awards cause they for some reason aren't deemed worthy of recognition but doesn't mean the movies are bad, just old guard thinking. If you like Alien then why not see it.. What's the worst that can happen, you lose two hours? And guess what..you might even enjoy it

I hear what you're saying but the last 3 movies I've seen in this series have disappointed me and I'm not married to this franchise. Not that they are the same but I stopped watching sequels and remakes to Friday the 13th, Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm St. and so on years ago. For me, it's time to stop watching this series now.

I liked Zodiac and have a blu-ray copy of that as well. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig

I loved Prometheus and Covenant, but did not like 3&4. Some folks are definitely completionists where premium editions or franchises are concerned, and that's a personal choice, imo. I am a HUGE Alien and Aliens movie fan (bordering on fanatical), but I won't be buying any AVP (though I love standalone Predator film from 80's) or Alien 3 or 4. I just don't wish to own upgraded versions of them, beyond the Steelbooks and sets that I have. Just not a fan.

I love X-Files earlier seasons, not the latter. Did like 1 of the movies, and yes am watching the new seasons. For me it's case by case-I try not to be too blind, but there have been times I've been to the theater or rented a movie or series because it pertained to something I liked, only to be disappointed. It just really depends for me, but my purchases are not on auto-pilot.

This is a beautiful package. Lenti is great and the steel is gorgeous. This is one of my favourite steels from this year and will be my steel nomination for steel of the year

I do have some marks on the steel though :(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Such a glossy steel ive tried to take pics without any reflection

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I don't even remember which version I ordered. They all look lovely and that 1-click box set is gorgeous but it's a bit much for a film that severely underwhelmed IMO. I was disappointed with Prometheus when I first saw it theatrically but it has since grown on me and I now quite enjoy it even though I consider it separate from the Alien universe. With Covenant, I don't think I'll learn to like it as much no matter how much time goes by. Still, it's a film I have to add to the collection to complete the mythology. I didn't want a generic retail edition so decided to go with this. Now if only I could get a tracking number :whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I loved Prometheus and Covenant, but did not like 3&4. Some folks are definitely completionists where premium editions or franchises are concerned, and that's a personal choice, imo. I am a HUGE Alien and Aliens movie fan (bordering on fanatical), but I won't be buying any AVP (though I love standalone Predator film from 80's) or Alien 3 or 4. I just don't wish to own upgraded versions of them, beyond the Steelbooks and sets that I have. Just not a fan.

I love X-Files earlier seasons, not the latter. Did like 1 of the movies, and yes am watching the new seasons. For me it's case by case-I try not to be too blind, but there have been times I've been to the theater or rented a movie or series because it pertained to something I liked, only to be disappointed. It just really depends for me, but my purchases are not on auto-pilot.

I also love the X-Files and I have never given up on it. And I have enjoyed the recent season. I just used it as an example for the later seasons.

I like all of your comments especially about your purchases not being on auto-pilot. :)