Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 10) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 20, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - One Click (Pre-order on August 25 at 6 PM HK time)
Price: $41.99 (Individual editions) - $125.97 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular A - Lenticular B
Notes: 2500 numbered copies (One Click 400 + Full Slip 400 + Lenti A 500 + Lenti B 400)

Fullslip.jpgLenti A.jpgLenti B.jpgBoxset.jpg

20626843_1473762832733820_2459998244172256503_o.jpg
[ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We watched the movie and loved it which means we are making the exclusive steelbook for the Alien Covenant! Steelbook has been approved. We are aiming for the Late September release and hope that the rest of process goes smoothly.
19601344_1439357456174358_4844366141747089836_n.jpg
201708002-alien_covenant_LS-A_lenti_3D_1024x1024.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder the order in which they will release it? Are ME 11-16 going to be the Alien franchise movies? Or will they do one Alien, then a regular, then again an Alien film and so on? Anyway, it will take quite some time before they'll be done.

I wonder the order in which they will release it? Are ME 11-16 going to be the Alien franchise movies? Or will they do one Alien, then a regular, then again an Alien film and so on? Anyway, it will take quite some time before they'll be done.

I have a feeling it will be an alien film then another exclusive or 2 then another alien otherwise it will be just alien films they release in one year lol. Can't see them wanting to do it like that

Just a guess though

I guess if Kimchi did the franchise, it would be a safe bet they'd be done in some six to nine months. They seem to be capable of churning out releases like no other Asian retailer can (no disrespect!).

So @Aniv is it confirmed Manta are going to do the whole franchise? Would be nice to know seeing as FA are going to do it and would be nice decide between retailers :thumbs:

Yes it is confirmed. Manta have said they are working on the whole series as are Film Arena

Only thing I would say is AFAIK Manta's 'confirmation' that they'll be doing the entire series was in response to a question on their Facebook page correct? Call me pessimistic but until I see an actual announcement (like FA did) I think FA are the best bet for the entire series. I've seen Manta's replies on their Facebook page, they said to someone the other week that they want to do Se7en as well so at this point I rank the likelihood of an entire Alien series from them as a possibility a long way in the future

I think Manta has issues with their designs being approved, not their fault obviously but this delays certain releases. If there isn't any red tape on these movies then there's no reason they cannot get them out sooner. Tbh, the FAC Covenant looks crap (why have the egg on the cover, such a irrelevant thing in this movie really) and their Alien doesn't look much better. I'd rather wait for a decent set of steels from Manta then some churned out crap from FAC.

It feels like FAC are just trying to get in and announce stuff to trump other companies which would be okay if they were up to date but they have a back log of announcements and releases they are yet to make good on. Theyve announced the other day they've ordered Ant Man 2 steels, I mean really, Ant Man 2? That film hasn't even finished production let alone been released, why even announce that, I'll tell you why, so the fac die hards will hold out on purchasing any other premiums in hope to continue their beloved FAC line..atleast that's their goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I would say is AFAIK Manta's 'confirmation' that they'll be doing the entire series was in response to a question on their Facebook page correct? Call me pessimistic but until I see an actual announcement (like FA did) I think FA are the best bet for the entire series. I've seen Manta's replies on their Facebook page, they said to someone the other week that they want to do Se7en as well so at this point I rank the likelihood of an entire Alien series from them as a possibility a long way in the future

Well even if Manta don't do the other flicks, I'll happily pick up the FA versions as a second option. I won't be picking up the FA release of Covenant though

• Thanks
Reactions: Mika
I think Manta has issues with their designs being approved, not their fault obviously but this delays certain releases. If there isn't any red tape on these movies then there's no reason they cannot get them out sooner. Tbh, the FAC Covenant looks crap (why have the egg on the cover, such a irrelevant thing in this movie really) and their Alien doesn't look much better. I'd rather wait for a decent set of steels from Manta then some churned out crap from FAC.

It feels like they're just trying to get in and announce stuff to trump other companies which would be okay if they were up to date but they have a back log of announcements and releases they are yet to make good on. Theyve announced the other day they've ordered Ant Man 2 steels, I mean really, Ant Man 2? That film hasn't even finished production let alone been released, why even announce that, I'll tell you why, so the fac die hards will hold out on purchasing any other premiums in hope to continue their beloved FAC line..atleast that's their goal.

Film Arena have announced ant man & the wasp? :wacky:

Theyve announced the other day they've ordered Ant Man 2 steels, I mean really, Ant Man 2? That film hasn't even finished production let alone been released, why even announce that, I'll tell you why, so the fac die hards will hold out on purchasing any other premiums in hope to continue their beloved FAC line..atleast that's their goal.

I agree it's ridiculous. Don't get my wrong I love Manta editions, but - they're taking on waaaaaaaay too much. They shouldn't even be considering doing any Marvel MCU releases as they have been done to death by every other seller and we really don't need 7 versions of every release. Just image how difficult it would be for BluFans to come up with (and approve) art choices when 4 or 5 other retailers have got there first and taken all the best art choices :OMG:

They should stick with the full X-men series that are crying out for a full set of premium releases, and it looks like they're doing the full Alien set as well.

I agree it's ridiculous. Don't get my wrong I love Manta editions, but - they're taking on waaaaaaaay too much. They shouldn't even be considering doing any Marvel MCU releases as they have been done to death by every other seller and we really don't need 7 versions of every release. Just image how difficult it would be for BluFans to come up with (and approve) art choices when 4 or 5 other retailers have got there first and taken all the best art choices :OMG:

They should stick with the full X-men series that are crying out for a full set of premium releases, and it looks like they're doing the full Alien set as well.

Think covcraig was referring to film arena with ant man 2

Can't see manta doing any MCU (I hope).

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW