Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 22, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99

Aliens 4K.jpg

Aliens 4K Jcard Back.jpg

Last edited:
It does happen sometimes. Mine didn't even dispatch until like 2pm so I really wasn't expecting it. Then I got the out for delivery update on my shop account.
My copy was sent on Wednesday and still haven't arrived and to be honest I really don't expect it to look like my CAV laserdisc judging by the reviews.

My copy was sent on Wednesday and still haven't arrived and to be honest I really don't expect it to look like my CAV laserdisc judging by the reviews.
I feel as though the reviews massively overstated how bad they were especially the ones from streaming. By all accounts they still look the best they ever have even if they don't look as good as they should, or how everyone thinks they should anyway. I'll be watching it shortly.

I feel as though the reviews massively overstated how bad they were especially the ones from streaming. By all accounts they still look the best they ever have even if they don't look as good as they should, or how everyone thinks they should anyway. I'll be watching it shortly.
Be interesting to hear what you have to say.

Why can't we just see it the way I saw it in the cinema in 1986. Is is really that hard to respect the original grainy version that was even released on laserdisc and hasn't been seen since... It wasn't shot on digital format so why try to make it look like it was?
No they scrubbed most of it, but it's not the typical DNR where it wipes all the detail. I'd still prefer to see the grain though. I prefer things natural, that's why I don't fancy Katie Pric

I watched it on Saturday and honestly think it looked amazing.
I watched 20 minutes of it today. Not impressed. Looks nothing like my CAV laserdisc. It's had all the grain removed and looks like a modern digital movie. It's not the film I saw in the cinema in 1986. Want to revive the look of the film. Fine but please give me the original look i saw in the cinema as an alternative.....

You're saying you prefer a resolution of 576 x 570 instead of 3840 x 2160? Come on
I'm saying the laserdisc looks like the "film" I saw in the cinema. The 4k looks like a modern digital recording but it doesn't look like the "film" I saw in the cinema. It's been seriously altered. It's the French connection carry on all over again....

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I'm saying the laserdisc looks like the "film" I saw in the cinema. The 4k looks like a modern digital recording but it doesn't look like the "film" I saw in the cinema. It's been seriously altered. It's the French connection carry on all over again....
I know what you mean but it's not the typical grain scrub where all the detail goes with it, they used new technology to do it. Why they couldn't just leave the grain alone though, I don't know.

Watched my copy this afternoon. The grain smoothing annoyed me for about 10 minutes… then I told myself to get over it and thorough enjoyed everything after that.

over it jade GIF by Little Mix

Reactions: Billy Talent
I know what you mean but it's not the typical grain scrub where all the detail goes with it, they used new technology to do it. Why they couldn't just leave the grain alone though, I don't know.
Or give two versions.... One for the purists, one for the modern digital fan...

Watched my copy this afternoon. The grain smoothing annoyed me for about 10 minutes… then I told myself to get over it and thorough enjoyed everything after that.

over it jade GIF by Little Mix
Fcking right. Its like yeah the grain is mostly gone. But the detail isn't. And Cameron has apparently decided "fck grain" is his lifes mission. Fine I'd prefer he didn't. But the bottom line is they are his babies. I never felt a loss of detail due to the grain scrubbing, no waxiness. Just endless detail on everything you can see.