UK
Release date: May 9th, 2016
Purchase link: Amelie (live)
Price: £14.99

11243882-3074363309456875.jpg

11243882-3504363309936371.jpg

11243882-8204363309739877.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify the steelbook is in a matt finish. I have seen it in the flesh and it looks amazing. Amelie, Ghost Rider, Bronson and The Mist were all done by the same agency. Tried to give them fresh title treatment and the results speak for themselves. All of them are now available to pre-order at Zavvi: http://www.zavvi.com/offers/steelbooks/pre-order.list
Thank you for the clarification and confirmation regarding finish of AMELIE and please advise if the other three listed in your post have the same finish.

Thank you for the clarification and confirmation regarding finish for AMELIE and please advise if the other three listed in your post have the same finish.

He already has in the Bronson thread - all 4 are matte

Reactions: virkia
He already has in the Bronson thread - all 4 are matte
Despite the info kindly provided by EONE I can't help feeling that these WILL have a zero varnish finish and not just be plain dull matte which will not suit at least two of the four (IMO) - AMELIE and THE MIST.
Patiently awaiting feedback from Scanavo.

However, I would NEVER disrespect matte steelbooks as some of my favourite steels of all are matte including some from Eureka ( LIFEBOAT, DOUBLE INDEMNITY, THE LOST WEEKEND, TOUCH OF EVL et al) and most of the WB "Classics" wave from January 2013 (THE MALTESE FALCON, NORTH BY NORTHWEST, CASABANCA et al) with their lovely period poster art and gorgeous metallic sheen.

Last edited:
So disappointing. I'm definitely not a full-gloss fascist like so many people here, but these particular steelbooks need at least a low-gloss/zero-varnish finish. I think matte works very well for some steelbooks, but not for these. I'm on the verge of canceling my Zavvi orders as well.

Reactions: Flloydo
So disappointing. I'm definitely not a full-gloss fascist like so many people here, but these particular steelbooks need at least a low-gloss/zero-varnish finish. I think matte works very well for some steelbooks, but not for these. I'm on the verge of canceling my Zavvi orders as well.
Matte suits classic artwork better (imo) but this one deserves at least a zero varnish finish to make the reds "pop" and the wet cobbles/puddles shimmer.
I realise it's raining stair-rods but that shouldn't give the designers licence to have this steel look "washed out".

Despite the info kindly provided by EONE I can't help feeling that these WILL have a zero varnish finish and not just be plain dull matte which will not suit at least two of the four (IMO) - AMELIE and THE MIST.
Patiently awaiting feedback from Scanavo.

However, I would NEVER disrespect matte steelbooks as some of my favourite steels of all are matte including some from Eureka ( LIFEBOAT, DOUBLE INDEMNITY, THE LOST WEEKEND, TOUCH OF EVL et al) and most of the WB "Classics" wave from January 2013 (THE MALTESE FALCON, NORTH BY NORTHWEST, CASABANCA et al) with their lovely period poster art and gorgeous metallic sheen.

I agree that matte works extremely well for some steels but when I see vibrant art like this I want it in full gloss

This, Bronson and ghostrider should be gloss whereas I can imagine the mist might look nice in a think matte to suit the style of art and colour scheme but saying that it would also look great in gloss.
Is a shame though

I look at Bronson and ghostrider and they look like spot glossing would really work (especially Bronson on the red and white) and maybe on the mist too but sometimes I think they don't actually think of the final product. It's like oh yeah we have these 4 cool new steels with pretty decent cartoonish art and they decide one will be matte so the others have to be too. If you get what i mean.
Might not be the case but it seems so to me that's how it is sometimes and not looking at each individual item and work that way. This would look great this way and the other that way and so on

They may look great in hand but I'm not risking that now and would rather wait until someone has them in hand and decide then to either order or wait for a price drop.

Reactions: adarkcorner
sometimes I think they don't actually think of the final product. It's like oh yeah we have these 4 cool new steels with pretty decent cartoonish art and they decide one will be matte so the others have to be too. If you get what i mean.
Might not be the case but it seems so to me that's how it is sometimes and not looking at each individual item and work that way. This would look great this way and the other that way and so on

Totally agree with this, I've had that impression about a lot of steelbooks too. Sometimes a company will make a great decision on artwork and then apparently think that's as far as they need to go, totally dropping the ball on the details that could make a good steelbook great.

Debit Card has been charged
It's for either Amelie or Bronson
Both cost me the same amount.

Only one item showing as pending transaction so not sure which one

Reactions: javiermendoza
Spot gloss. Steelbook has a matte finish.

Yeah it's supposed to but like Bronson it don't seem to have it

Their listings were wrong from Eone apparently

Just matte like Bronson or has the person who owns it confirmed spot gloss?

I've seen people mention on here steels have spot gloss when they don't. Someone mentioned spot gloss on the characters on the Hmv hateful eight steel and it don't

Until I see more pics I'll believe it

Unboxing Video I found on Youtube

Spot gloss on the puddles and light emanating from the restaurant allegedly :LOL:
More likely to be metallic varnish effect

Last edited:
Unboxing Video I found on Youtube

Spot gloss on the puddles and light emanating from the restaurant

Okay so I've watched that video and I don't think he knows what hes on about,
First off he mentions zavvi are now sending out in these types of j cards!
It has nothing to do with zavvi it's studio and all 4 that Eone are releasing will be like this.

Secondly that apparent spot gloss does not look like spot gloss to me, it's the same metalic effect on the Bronson red that zavvi and Eone are trying to palm us of with as spot Gloss

It looks like the same smooth matte varnish that Bronson and the mist have with metalic puddle effects like Bronsons metallic red effect

The guy really hasn't got a clue

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I should have delivery on Monday
I will see for myself then if it's metallic effect Varnish Finish or Spot Gloss on the puddles and restaurant sign

It still looks a nice steelbook overall

• Thanks