American Psycho (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: 26th of October, 2015
Purchase link: American Psycho (Live Sat Oct 17, 18:00 UK time)
Price: £15.99
Ultra-limited print run

11037429-2084332714397968.JPG

11037429-2084332714406305.JPG 11037429-1004332714411747.JPG 11037429-2704332714417192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well honestly steelbooks are still a niche market compared to amarays. Not as small as they used to be, but still nowhere near the numbers of standard BR releases.

Though feel free to post the officially released artwork that you'd prefer, at least that way we can get some approximation of a conversation going, instead of just endless spouts of whining and self-entitlement.
What has self-entitlement got to do with it? Is it too much to expect some decent artwork ( and it seems the majority of posts agree with me) for something you are actually paying for?

What has self-entitlement got to do with it? Is it too much to expect some decent artwork ( and it seems the majority of posts agree with me) for something you are actually paying for?

It has to do with this:
need to appeal to the masses and not be too abstract or artsy fartsy to appeal to only a few artistic type people

The belief that somehow the consumer "deserves" or "has the right" to dictate the specifics of any type of release. No-one releasing any type of product has an obligation to cater to the masses. They can, if they choose to, but they don't "owe" anyone anything.

If you were somehow forced by law to buy it without the possibility of deciding for yourself, then you might deserve a chance to influence on what "needs" to happen. But not in cases like these, not by a long shot. You can dislike anything you want, but that doesn't mean that you are experiencing any kind of injustice towards yourself. People that do feel that way, well, that's self-entitlement.

It has to do with this:

The belief that somehow the consumer "deserves" or "has the right" to dictate the specifics of any type of release. No-one releasing any type of product has an obligation to cater to the masses. They can, if they choose to, but they don't "owe" anyone anything.

If you were somehow forced by law to buy it without the possibility of deciding for yourself, then you might deserve a chance to influence on what "needs" to happen. But not in cases like these, not by a long shot. You can dislike anything you want, but that doesn't mean that you are experiencing any kind of injustice towards yourself. People that do feel that way, well, that's self-entitlement.
What the hell are you on about. Studios don't release a steelbook to massage their own egos. They want to sell as many copies as possible . Pure and simple. To do that they have to make it appealing to as many potential customers as possible. No one is saying that they are being forced or dictated to. The only injustice is having this atrocious artwork being chosen.

Try reading my post a few more times, it might help ;)

hint: if they believe they can make money with this, it's well within their rights to do so. You believing it's not falls under exactly what I'm talking about

also:
The only injustice is having this atrocious artwork being chosen.
You can dislike anything you want, but that doesn't mean that you are experiencing any kind of injustice towards yourself. People that do feel that way, well, that's self-entitlement.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: justhedudeman
Each one is entitled to his/her own opinion. Let's move this along guys, this is becoming a sterile debate and leading nowhere. Feel free to continue your private back and forth by PM. Thanks.

I don't mind this release, maybe trying to be a bit too clever like a lot of release's at the moment IMO....This is going to get plenty of release's though similar to Dredd, you wait for 1 to come along and then 3-5 turn up.....

Reactions: justhedudeman
I don't mind this release, maybe trying to be a bit too clever like a lot of release's at the moment IMO....This is going to get plenty of release's though similar to Dredd, you wait for 1 to come along and then 3-5 turn up.....
Hope you're right, would kill for a Filmarena version that in no way features this art on steelbooks or slip.

Hope you're right, would kill for a Filmarena version that in no way features this art on steelbooks or slip.
I think that will happen personally, I don't mind "quirky" arty steel's as long as they are like a side wave, not the main release, an alternative.....I'd have gone mainstream on this first release (not the topless shot of Bale) with a nice finish and some descent bossing.

Reactions: Stuc
I think that will happen personally, I don't mind "quirky" arty steel's as long as they are like a side wave, not the main release, an alternative.....I'd have gone mainstream on this first release (not the topless shot of Bale) with a nice finish and some descent bossing.
And a slip designed like the business card would be awesome [emoji41]

Reactions: Stuc
The thing for me here is that Zavvi canned this release once before because they couldn't agree on artwork. This time it's been opened up to the public to design something, and I'm betting that none of the people complaining about the winning entry spent any time trying to enter anything better. We're in danger of being given too much power or say into something that is entirely subjective and down to personal preference. We've been given the opportunity to design this one, which is more than can be said for the vast majority of releases. Like I said earlier, it's impossible to please everybody, no matter what they choose some people won't buy it because they don't like it. I miss the days when Steelbook collecting was simple...a title is released, you buy it if you like the film.

Wait, why do you have to be one of the submitters (or even a graphic designer) to dislike the art?

Jesus all of these forums are getting worse and worse with complaints and trolling. I can only imagine if you people were around when Michelangelo was painting the Sistine Chapel.

Please mods do something about this, it's hard to enjoy any threads now.

The artwork looks good, it's something different from the regular amaray artwork which is good. Also it's original art which should be supported because it's not a safe choice. With white background it would really be slick.

This is not quite on the same level as the Sistine Chapel...you want the mods to delete comments that you disagree with?

Do you really believe ghat with all those amazing entires they really chose this UGLY artwork as the winner.

They said what is the cheapest design to make :(

Can't believe we have waited almost a year for that artwork :(

Reactions: lolwut
Do you really believe ghat with all those amazing entires they really chose this UGLY artwork as the winner.

They said what is the cheapest design to make :(

Can't believe we have waited almost a year for that artwork :(

There were no great entries. They just should have used Studio produced artwork.

Reactions: Paperinukke
I have to agree with @Steelselecta there. Being quite new to this I appreciate positive and negative comments as there's usually something I haven't noticed or thought about. Isn't that what fan forums are for!?

A tip as you are new, click on reply and it will copy what the person you are either referring to or replying to and it helps people know what you are talking about, like I have done and you can see I am replying to you.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks! Thought I had. Guess I need to change my meds! :wacky:

Reactions: Flash