Apollo 13 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Film Vault Range) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: August 19, 2024
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £49.99 (Vice Press Poster Edition) - £29.99 (Zavvi - Amazon - HMV
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 200 - Hand numbered archival pigment print on 250gm Naturalis Absolute White Matt archival paper.

VaultSteels07.jpg

Apollo-13-film-vault-steelbook-poster-matt-ferguson-florey.png

Last edited by a moderator:
+ print run will be shared with Italy, France, Germany,...
Will it?

There seems to be no consistency with the Steelbooks outside of UK. The second wave of the bigboxes released completely in Germany, France and Italy. But the Steelbooks are different.

At this point in time it was possible to order the following Steelbooks:

Germany:
Blade Runner
Goodfellas
Redemption

France:
Apollo
Goodfellas
Jaws

Italy
Apollo
Jaws
Scarface

The only logic behind this could be the languages on the discs. I know that the 4 Warner titles have all german dubs on the disc and the Universal titles dont. So maybe thats the reason why only the Warner titles seem to be available in Germany.

As a collector from Germany this release strategy is quite frustrating. I ordered all 7 from Zavvi now. If there should be an option later on to order all 7 in Germany, I can still cancel my Zavvi order. But I would prefer some clear communication about the worldwide releaseplans of this Steelbook series.

Reactions: Lutzo
Will it?

There seems to be no consistency with the Steelbooks outside of UK. The second wave of the bigboxes released completely in Germany, France and Italy. But the Steelbooks are different.

At this point in time it was possible to order the following Steelbooks:

Germany:
Blade Runner
Goodfellas
Redemption

France:
Apollo
Goodfellas
Jaws

Italy
Apollo
Jaws
Scarface

The only logic behind this could be the languages on the discs. I know that the 4 Warner titles have all german dubs on the disc and the Universal titles dont. So maybe thats the reason why only the Warner titles seem to be available in Germany.

As a collector from Germany this release strategy is quite frustrating. I ordered all 7 from Zavvi now. If there should be an option later on to order all 7 in Germany, I can still cancel my Zavvi order. But I would prefer some clear communication about the worldwide releaseplans of this Steelbook series.
Its actually not that inconsistent... all the German releases are WB, and the Italian ones are Universal. That's straightforward, and doesn't necessarily mean they won't get the others, could just be timing thing.

France have 2 from each studio, which again may lead to them having them all at some point, may be just be a timing thing. Regardless, yes, these are obviously shared print runs across EU, i.e not UK exclusives.

Reactions: eLviS1987