Ask Me Anything: The Tridon Edition (aka Ken's Random Chat Thread)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Ah, what the heck... ask away! :thumbs:

Terrific Trio.jpg

Reactions: ocielz
Well, we'd watch QUIVER, of course. Seriously, if you guys feel like travelling, you'll all be invited to that premiere. ;)

But if we're going actual Hollywood flick, I think we'd watch NINJA ASSASSIN because that guy's got mad skills and, well, we're ninjas.
@tridon Quiver Premiere? That'd be AWESOME! :notworthy: :cool: :thumbs: When will that be? Hopefully you share some pics :photo:

And YES... WE ARE NINJAS! :woot:

:D

Reactions: tridon
@tridon Quiver Premiere? That'd be AWESOME! :notworthy: :cool: :thumbs: When will that be? Hopefully you share some pics :photo:

And YES... WE ARE NINJAS! :woot:

:D

We're hoping it'll be done by Halloween, but then again, we were also hoping to have it done by 2012. :p

By the way, in case anyone is interested, I just posted 'the history of Tridon' on Instagram (image below). :thumbs:

Want to know where 'Tridon' comes from?

>>>>>

In 1987, my friend and I decided to "write" and "draw" some homemade comic books. He made his and I made mine -- a "comic" called Project: Tridon. I played around with the character and his world for a few more years and then around 1990, I started making more of those homemade "comics" (keep in mind... I'm putting quotations here because these comics were really just a cover with 5 one-sided pages or so with zero panels).

>>>>>

Throughout the years, I kept up with Tridon, making 25+ of those "comics" (I actually still have most of them), a puppet play in high school, a short screenplay for my friends and I, and various other projects. One of those projects was this theatrical poster that I drew during my Grade 12 art class in high school.

>>>>>

At the time, I was on a Gladiator kick, so naturally, I chose @russellcrowe as the hero, John Edward/Tridon (funny enough, a couple of years later, I found out that Crowe is real-life buddies with @thekevindurand, an awesome dude from my hometown of Thunder Bay -- so that was pretty cool). Sadly, for the villains, I chose Dennis Hopper and Michael Clarke Duncan -- both who have now passed away. This poster had it all... full credits (apparently I thought David Hayter would co-write this with me), a theme song embarrassingly titled 'Ride On' that was to be performed by a ragtag group consisting of LL Cool J, Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, and Method Man, and a release date of May 2010 (I guess I missed my window).

>>>>

These days, it may seem like 'Tridon' is just an alias that I use on forums such as HDN, but really, it's a continuous adventure that I'm always on. As of now, the world of Tridon consists of 100+ characters, fictional cities and worlds, and a story that, if I ever get the chance to adapt into a REAL comic book, could probably go for at least 200 issues.

>>>>>

So, there you have it. The world may not have any Tridon comics in their hands, but I hold his full legacy in my own. I love this character. He's been a part of me since I was 5 years old. Hopefully I can one day share that legacy with you.

We're hoping it'll be done by Halloween, but then again, we were also hoping to have it done by 2012. :p

By the way, in case anyone is interested, I just posted 'the history of Tridon' on Instagram (image below). :thumbs:

Unreal story of tridon.
F*cking love it (wish mine was that interesting)

Would also love to hear that song by LL, (maybe not kid rock lol), limp bizkit and mef. But I can't get N 2 gether Now out my head.

Amazing head shot drawing too, love the curl at the front

• Thanks
Unreal story of tridon.
F*cking love it (wish mine was that interesting)

Would also love to hear that song by LL, (maybe not kid rock lol), limp bizkit and mef. But I can't get N 2 gether Now out my head.

Amazing head shot drawing too, love the curl at the front

Thanks, man! I used to draw a lot when I was younger, but after high school, I never really touched a pencil again. I've always been proud of this poster, though. It was no easy task colouring a poster that size with pencil crayons. :p

As for that song, yeah... that'll never happen. Haha! I listened to all of those bands in high school, but high school for me already ended 15 years ago. I don't think I've really listened to any of those bands since the early 2000s. I'm sure it would've been cool, though. (fun fact: LL was part of that group because he actually had a starring role in the film, too)

Thanks, man! I used to draw a lot when I was younger, but after high school, I never really touched a pencil again. I've always been proud of this poster, though. It was no easy task colouring a poster that size with pencil crayons. :p

As for that song, yeah... that'll never happen. Haha! I listened to all of those bands in high school, but high school for me already ended 15 years ago. I don't think I've really listened to any of those bands since the early 2000s. I'm sure it would've been cool, though. (fun fact: LL was part of that group because he actually had a starring role in the film, too)

I really like the drawing, I'm not bad myself and exactly the same as you mate, after college I never touched it. Showed @Noodles some of my work recently. Also he would love this i reakon (check it out nick)

Yeah I bet, I was terrible at actually colouring in, most of mine just stayed blank lol. I was good with biro oddly (even shading)

Ha well I still listen to mef, sometimes a bit of LL and I just listend to bizkit chocolate starfish (well a couple of tracks) after I read that aswel as N2gether. Had been years lol didn't age too well but some OK songs still (hot dog, boiler, n2gether) haha

Cool, any other supporting actors/ tress you didn't mention? And who would your new villain/s be? Now those two sadly passed?

• Thanks
I really like the drawing, I'm not bad myself and exactly the same as you mate, after college I never touched it. Showed @Noodles some of my work recently. Also he would love this i reakon (check it out nick)

Yeah I bet, I was terrible at actually colouring in, most of mine just stayed blank lol. I was good with biro oddly (even shading)

Ha well I still listen to mef, sometimes a bit of LL and I just listend to bizkit chocolate starfish (well a couple of tracks) after I read that aswel as N2gether. Had been years lol didn't age too well but some OK songs still (hot dog, boiler, n2gether) haha

Cool, any other supporting actors/ tress you didn't mention? And who would your new villain/s be? Now those two sadly passed?
Thanks for the tag dude. I saw @tridon's post on Instagram earlier... definitely a cool story, and even cooler that he's stuck to following his dreams! :thumbs:

@tridon DUDE! That's awesome! :cool: :notworthy: Thanks for sharing Ken :thumbs:

If you were to finally make a film of this, are your thoughts/ideas still the same? Would you cast Russell Crowe in the lead or someone else?

• Thanks

Thanks for the tag dude. I saw @tridon's post on Instagram earlier... definitely a cool story, and even cooler that he's stuck to following his dreams! :thumbs:
@tridon DUDE! That's awesome! :cool: :notworthy: Thanks for sharing Ken :thumbs:

If you were to finally make a film of this, are your thoughts/ideas still the same? Would you cast Russell Crowe in the lead or someone else?

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

@Noodles - You've always gotta follow your dreams, man. I watched my Dad work crap jobs for years and he was never able to experience his dream (he wanted to be a conservation office). Hoping that before I leave this world, I can make some of my own dreams come true. :thumbs:

@Flloydo & @bloodsnake007 - Here's a close-up of the cast/credits on the poster...

Tridon cast.jpg

So, I had Russell Crowe set to play Tridon/John Edward while the late, great Dennis Hopper was to play the lead villain, H.L. Devinson. Rachel Weisz would play John's love interest, Sara, and David Boreanaz was to play John's brother, James. Michael Clarke Duncan would play Devinson's bodyguard Terry (who later in the film becomes Robo-Jaw, a cybernetic killing machine) and LL Cool J would play John's former partner on the police force.

All of the crew on there are real people that I carefully picked for their particular roles. You all know who Hans Zimmer is. He was my one-and-only choice after blowing my mind with the scores for Gladiator and Mission: Impossible 2. Zach Staenberg was the editor on all three Matrix films, so I chose him as editor here. Owen Paterson was production designer on The Matrix and Bill Pope was the director of photography for The Matrix (see a trend here? :LOL:). Dan Cracchiolo co-produced -- you guessed it -- The Matrix. Richard Donner and Tom DeSanto were the producers behind the first couple X-Men films. The story would be by myself and my best friend, Chris Mercier (then Chris Konkin). He's the one that I made comic books with back in 1987. David Hayter would co-write with me. He's best known as the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid game series, but he's also an excellent screenwriter. He wrote the first two X-Men films as well as the adaptation for Watchmen. Joel Silver produced every single big action flick in the 80s and 90s that weren't produced by Jerry Bruckheimer... and I don't think I need to explain who director John Woo is. :p

These days, I'm not sure who I'd chose for the cast. I love Russell Crowe, but he'd be too old now. I think the only cast member that I'd still keep is LL Cool J. I guess if I were to wing it, this would be the cast now:

John Edward/Tridon: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Sara: Tatiana Maslany
H.L.: Bryan Cranston
James Edward: Taylor Kitsch
Terry/Robo-Jaw: Idris Elba

Damn... that's a good cast. Now I want to see this happen again. :naughty:

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

@Noodles - You've always gotta follow your dreams, man. I watched my Dad work crap jobs for years and he was never able to experience his dream (he wanted to be a conservation office). Hoping that before I leave this world, I can make some of my own dreams come true. :thumbs:

@Flloydo & @bloodsnake007 - Here's a close-up of the cast/credits on the poster...

View attachment 241448

So, I had Russell Crowe set to play Tridon/John Edward while the late, great Dennis Hopper was to play the lead villain, H.L. Devinson. Rachel Weisz would play John's love interest, Sara, and David Boreanaz was to play John's brother, James. Michael Clarke Duncan would play Devinson's bodyguard Terry (who later in the film becomes Robo-Jaw, a cybernetic killing machine) and LL Cool J would play John's former partner on the police force.

All of the crew on there are real people that I carefully picked for their particular roles. You all know who Hans Zimmer is. He was my one-and-only choice after blowing my mind with the scores for Gladiator and Mission: Impossible 2. Zach Staenberg was the editor on all three Matrix films, so I chose him as editor here. Owen Paterson was production designer on The Matrix and Bill Pope was the director of photography for The Matrix (see a trend here? :LOL:). Dan Cracchiolo co-produced -- you guessed it -- The Matrix. Richard Donner and Tom DeSanto were the producers behind the first couple X-Men films. The story would be by myself and my best friend, Chris Mercier (then Chris Konkin). He's the one that I made comic books with back in 1987. David Hayter would co-write with me. He's best known as the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid game series, but he's also an excellent screenwriter. He wrote the first two X-Men films as well as the adaptation for Watchmen. Joel Silver produced every single big action flick in the 80s and 90s that weren't produced by Jerry Bruckheimer... and I don't think I need to explain who director John Woo is. :p

These days, I'm not sure who I'd chose for the cast. I love Russell Crowe, but he'd be too old now. I think the only cast member that I'd still keep is LL Cool J. I guess if I were to wing it, this would be the cast now:

John Edward/Tridon: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Sara: Tatiana Maslany
H.L.: Bryan Cranston
James Edward: Taylor Kitsch
Terry/Robo-Jaw: Idris Elba

Damn... that's a good cast. Now I want to see this happen again. :naughty:

Awesome credits and love the matrix crew/ x men vibe going on (huge matrix and x men fan and watchmen too) so that works well in my book and interesting director choice.
Also silver was just a legend with all those kinds of films (major love for Romeo must die, exit wounds and cradle to the grave too for some reason although the last 2 are not as good as Romeo aswel as his obvious ones) he also has a huge cv for the 2000s too like the 3 I mentioned, swordfish, v for vendetta and the last 2 matrix films etc
I was a big fan of them all from die hard to leathal weapon to predator etc (even stuff like 13 ghosts when I was younger lol) so he's an excellent choice

Whats even more interesting is over 16 years you went from Crowe to nikolaj. Very different actors but Great choices though and Elba and Cranston would be awesome.

(When you started making comics I was 1 years old :rolleyes::OMG:)

Well I hope your dreams come true mate and I'll be there along with a fair few ninjas supporting you :thumbs:

Would John woo still be your director or has anyone tickled your fancy since creating it back then?Considering your cast has changed

Awesome credits and love the matrix crew/ x men vibe going on (huge matrix and x men fan and watchmen too) so that works well in my book and interesting director choice.
Also silver was just a legend with all those kinds of films (major love for Romeo must die, exit wounds and cradle to the grave too for some reason although the last 2 are not as good as Romeo aswel as his obvious ones) he also has a huge cv for the 2000s too like the 3 I mentioned, swordfish, v for vendetta and the last 2 matrix films etc
I was a big fan of them all from die hard to leathal weapon to predator etc (even stuff like 13 ghosts when I was younger lol) so he's an excellent choice

Whats even more interesting is over 16 years you went from Crowe to nikolaj. Very different actors but Great choices though and Elba and Cranston would be awesome.

(When you started making comics I was 1 years old :rolleyes::OMG:)

Well I hope your dreams come true mate and I'll be there along with a fair few ninjas supporting you :thumbs:

Would John woo still be your director or has anyone tickled your fancy since creating it back then?Considering your cast has changed

Thanks -- I appreciate it! :)

I'd still love to have John Woo direct, but it seems like he's left Hollywood for good. If I could sweet-talk him back, I'd do it in a heartbeat... but since he'd probably not do it, I'm not sure who I'd get to direct. I guess I'd love to get Joseph Kosinski to do it, but he likes to direct what he writes. Justin Lin would be a good choice, too.

Thanks -- I appreciate it! :)

I'd still love to have John Woo direct, but it seems like he's left Hollywood for good. If I could sweet-talk him back, I'd do it in a heartbeat... but since he'd probably not do it, I'm not sure who I'd get to direct. I guess I'd love to get Joseph Kosinski to do it, but he likes to direct what he writes. Justin Lin would be a good choice, too.

Yeah what did happen to John woo? Last film I see of his was like windtalkers or something

Love kosinskis visuals especially oblivion, what's he doing next? He need to up his film list

I don't mind Lin, the fast films are entertaining and easy watches and now looking forwrad to trek 3 but he really surprised me with true detective season 2. I was so angry when he was announced to direct
it but he only ended up doing a few and they were quite good. Nothing like I had seen him do before

Had a strange moment recently with a film and want to see if this ever happens to you,
I'm a big gyllenhaal fan and I love most his films and decided to watch jarhead again, had been a while, seen it a million times and love it.
Anyway for some weird reason I didn't realise Sam mendes made the film!!' It shocked me lol love mendes too, anyway I had one of those moments when I had to check what he made incase there was more I didn't realise (there wasn't) and then I found out that American beauty was his first film debut!! (I did not know that and assumed he had directed many before because of how perfect it is)

(Probably not) but has that ever happened to you at all? With a film you may of seen a lot and didn't realise the who the director was? or when you look up about a director you love and you realise stuff you didn't even have a clue about in terms of films they made in their early days or something?

It's like when you watch an old film and you see some young faces in the background who are massive actors now. Love that and always blows my mind lol

• Thanks
Yeah what did happen to John woo? Last film I see of his was like windtalkers or something

Love kosinskis visuals especially oblivion, what's he doing next? He need to up his film list

I don't mind Lin, the fast films are entertaining and easy watches and now looking forwrad to trek 3 but he really surprised me with true detective season 2. I was so angry when he was announced to direct
it but he only ended up doing a few and they were quite good. Nothing like I had seen him do before

Had a strange moment recently with a film and want to see if this ever happens to you,
I'm a big gyllenhaal fan and I love most his films and decided to watch jarhead again, had been a while, seen it a million times and love it.
Anyway for some weird reason I didn't realise Sam mendes made the film!!' It shocked me lol love mendes too, anyway I had one of those moments when I had to check what he made incase there was more I didn't realise (there wasn't) and then I found out that American beauty was his first film debut!! (I did not know that and assumed he had directed many before because of how perfect it is)

(Probably not) but has that ever happened to you at all? With a film you may of seen a lot and didn't realise the who the director was? or when you look up about a director you love and you realise stuff you didn't even have a clue about in terms of films they made in their early days or something?

It's like when you watch an old film and you see some young faces in the background who are massive actors now. Love that and always blows my mind lol

So sorry for not responding to this two months ago! I don't always receive my tags, so I must've missed this.

Kosinski's next film is called Granite Mountain. I was hoping we'd get TRON 3, but it looks like Disney killed that idea (apparently they're only into Marvel, Star Wars, and live-action remakes of their cartoons these days). Granite Mountain sounds like more of a drama, but it seems like it'll still have the interesting visuals that Kosinski is known for. The synopsis off of IMDb:

A drama based on the elite crew of men who battled a wildfire in Prescott, Arizona in June 2013 that claimed the lives of 19 of their members.

It's starring Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Taylor Kitsch, Josh Brolin, and Jeff Bridges, so it should be a pretty solid flick. Comes out September 2017. :thumbs:

Lin's known mostly for his over-the-top action which would suit Tridon quite perfectly. For the slower character-centric moments, he could bring some of what he used in True Detective. I'd obviously take Kosinski over Lin, but I think there'd be a better chance of Lin working on a project like this. On the plus side of things, though, I previously said that Kosinski only directs films that he also wrote. That was the case then, but it looks like he didn't write Granite Mountain, so maybe he's had a change of heart.

As for the strange moment you had, I get that quite often when I go back and watch older films. I remember the first time that happened to me was when I found out David Fincher directed Alien3. I didn't watch the third Alien until I was older -- just never appealed to me -- so I was surprised when I found out it was directed by the guy that made the stellar Seven, Fight Club, and Panic Room. Unfortunately, Alien3 sucked hard. I suppose that had a lot to do with it being his debut film and having to deal with a studio that wanted to control everything. I'm glad that experience didn't ruin Fincher and that he kept going. Now only if I could get an enjoyable Fincher film again. His last good film was Zodiac.

(Yeah, sue me, but The Social Network was a watch once and never again film... The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was an American remake that wasn't as good as its Swedish original... and Gone Girl was a big piece of overrated crap)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo