Ask Me Anything: The Tridon Edition (aka Ken's Random Chat Thread)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Ah, what the heck... ask away! :thumbs:

Terrific Trio.jpg

Reactions: ocielz
Hey @tridon! I'm glad you created a 'Ask Me Anything' thread! Prepare for many upcoming questions! ;) For starters, this 1st one from me will be a decent and non-naughty Q! :naughty: (Expect another real soon! :D)

Members know the story behind my username.
I've had the same e-mail since High School! :OMG:

At the time, my favorite Video Games Characters were:

Rayne (BloodRayne)
bloodrayne-2-imagen-i286594-i.jpg

Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
obs--article_image.jpg

And 007 because I thought it sounded cool after every code name! :thumbs: So there you have... BloodSnake007! ;)

What about you my friend? :thumbs: Why did you choose 'Tridon'? :cool:

Reactions: tridon
Eres Chingon?!?!?!?

Hang on, let me grab my Google translator... ;)

Translation: "You Chingon?"

Okay... hang on... heading over to Urban Dictionary... :p

CHINGON:
Chingon is a Mexican word used for multiple purposes, It comes from verb Chingar that can be used in several ways, Chingon means most than Nice, Cool, or Great, it's the same like said F**kin' Great
That Car is Chingon!!

Why, yes; I am nice, cool and great. Thanks, @ocielz! :hilarious:

Hey @tridon! I'm glad you created a 'Ask Me Anything' thread! Prepare for many upcoming questions! ;) For starters, this 1st one from me will be a decent and non-naughty Q! :naughty: (Expect another real soon! :D)

Members know the story behind my username.

What about you my friend? :thumbs: Why did you choose 'Tridon'? :cool:

Good question, bud. I think I've answered this somewhere else before, but I have no idea where that was, so I'll give ya the rundown.

In 1987, when I was only 5-years-old and super into comic books (some things never change), I created a comic while at my friend's house. That "comic" was maybe six pages long, but it was called 'Tridon'. It was about a police officer named John Edward who was kidnapped by the criminal that he was after. This criminal experimented on John through a program titled 'Project: Tridon'. Essentially, create an army of indestructible drones and take over the world... typical bad guy stuff. John kept his memories, though, and fought back against the villains. He then became Tridon and continued on his superhero adventures.

I ended up making around 25 of these "comic books" -- I still have most of them to this day. Since then, Tridon has always stuck with me. I used his character during my high school years; once for a creative writing assignment and then a second time as a play in my drama class.

Though I write so many different things these days, Tridon still is and always will be my passion project. I've talked with some artists and I hope to get it off the ground as a comic book series one day. Maybe if @Wreck ever makes billions of dollars off of HDN, he can publish it for me. :p

That photo that I posted in the OP: that was a gift to my brother and best friend last year after my wedding. In the photo, I'm Tridon, my brother is Wilk (that's the superhero he created when he was younger) and my best friend, Chris, is Goat-Boy (he's the friend that I drew that original Tridon comic with back in 1987). So yeah, the character and his universe has always stuck with me.

I hope you dug that answer, bud! :)

Hang on, let me grab my Google translator... ;)

Translation: "You Chingon?"

Okay... hang on... heading over to Urban Dictionary... :p

CHINGON:

Why, yes; I am nice, cool and great. Thanks, @ocielz! :hilarious:
LMFAO!!!! :hilarious: I love this response! :woot: CHINGON from Canada you are my Amigo! :cool:
Good question, bud. I think I've answered this somewhere else before, but I have no idea where that was, so I'll give ya the rundown.

In 1987, when I was only 5-years-old and super into comic books (some things never change), I created a comic while at my friend's house. That "comic" was maybe six pages long, but it was called 'Tridon'. It was about a police officer named John Edward who was kidnapped by the criminal that he was after. This criminal experimented on John through a program titled 'Project: Tridon'. Essentially, create an army of indestructible drones and take over the world... typical bad guy stuff. John kept his memories, though, and fought back against the villains. He then became Tridon and continued on his superhero adventures.

I ended up making around 25 of these "comic books" -- I still have most of them to this day. Since then, Tridon has always stuck with me. I used his character during my high school years; once for a creative writing assignment and then a second time as a play in my drama class.

Though I write so many different things these days, Tridon still is and always will be my passion project. I've talked with some artists and I hope to get it off the ground as a comic book series one day. Maybe if @Wreck ever makes billions of dollars off of HDN, he can publish it for me. :p

That photo that I posted in the OP: that was a gift to my brother and best friend last year after my wedding. In the photo, I'm Tridon, my brother is Wilk (that's the superhero he created when he was younger) and my best friend, Chris, is Goat-Boy (he's the friend that I drew that original Tridon comic with back in 1987). So yeah, the character and his universe has always stuck with me.

I hope you dug that answer, bud! :)
@tridon EPIC! :cool: :notworthy: Thanks for that awesome background story to your name! :thumbs: I would love to see those comics published! ;) They can be HDN Exclusives! :woot:

Come on @Wreck, let's make it happen! :D

You are a fellow funko pop lover, I've heard that soon you will be able to go to a shop and have one made of yourself?

Cool idea or ?? Would you do it?

Whats the best country youv'e been to for a holiday...

Thanks for the question, @wasims. Unfortunately, I've only visited my own country and the United States, but fortunately, I've seen a massive chunk of both countries.

With Canada, I've been almost everywhere in Ontario, plus Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. I love my country. Victoria, British Columbia has been favourite place to visit in all of Canada, but P.E.I. was quite gorgeous, too.

In the United States, I've been all over the place. My parents were always great with taking their children on vacation and my Dad hates flying, so that always meant we drove across country. By doing so, I've been to so many states in USA. New York City is my favourite place in the world. I just love it there and I hate having to leave to come home. I've been there twice.

I have a few dream vacations: California, Australia/New Zealand, England/Scotland, Hong Kong, Japan and Tibet. I'd love to see everywhere, obviously, but those places would be glorious.

Sorry I couldn't give you a direct answer, but maybe I can come back to this one day when I've seen more of the world. :)

Reactions: Aw 83
You are a fellow funko pop lover, I've heard that soon you will be able to go to a shop and have one made of yourself?

Cool idea or ?? Would you do it?

Hey, @Flash. I think the idea is intriguing, but it would all have to come down to price. I probably wouldn't pay more than $60 to do something like that. I wouldn't really care to have a POP of myself, either. Maybe of my comic character Tridon -- that'd be pretty sweet (see post 5 above). Or my wife. Then I could play with a mini version of my wife whenever I'm working out of town. :p

While on the topic of POPs, I have to admit, I'm pretty pissed that they released a ThunderCats line without Tygra. I doubt they'll ever release a second line, so it'll forever annoy me to have an incomplete team of ThunderCat POPs. Drives me bonkers that all of the other franchises they cover, they develop full lines with all the characters... but they couldn't do that for the 'Cats. A second line with Tygra and the Mutants would be amazing, but I don't see it happening. :(

There's my POP rant for the day. Haha

Reactions: Flash
Hey, @Flash. I think the idea is intriguing, but it would all have to come down to price. I probably wouldn't pay more than $60 to do something like that. I wouldn't really care to have a POP of myself, either. Maybe of my comic character Tridon -- that'd be pretty sweet (see post 5 above). Or my wife. Then I could play with a mini version of my wife whenever I'm working out of town. :p

While on the topic of POPs, I have to admit, I'm pretty pissed that they released a ThunderCats line without Tygra. I doubt they'll ever release a second line, so it'll forever annoy me to have an incomplete team of ThunderCat POPs. Drives me bonkers that all of the other franchises they cover, they develop full lines with all the characters... but they couldn't do that for the 'Cats. A second line with Tygra and the Mutants would be amazing, but I don't see it happening. :(

There's my POP rant for the day. Haha

I know the feeling, it's like the American Horror Story Coven series, they made a pop of Papa Legba who was in like 1 episode and as much as I liked misty surely they should have done the main characters first like Madison, Zoe, Kyle, Queenie etc, it's very strange and disappointing :(

I know the feeling, it's like the American Horror Story Coven series, they made a pop of Papa Legba who was in like 1 episode and as much as I liked misty surely they should have done the main characters first like Madison, Zoe, Kyle, Queenie etc, it's very strange and disappointing :(

Yeah, very strange. At least with AHS, though, it's still going and there will most likely be a second line... with hopefully more Coven characters.

Thanks for the question, @wasims. Unfortunately, I've only visited my own country and the United States, but fortunately, I've seen a massive chunk of both countries.

With Canada, I've been almost everywhere in Ontario, plus Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. I love my country. Victoria, British Columbia has been favourite place to visit in all of Canada, but P.E.I. was quite gorgeous, too.

In the United States, I've been all over the place. My parents were always great with taking their children on vacation and my Dad hates flying, so that always meant we drove across country. By doing so, I've been to so many states in USA. New York City is my favourite place in the world. I just love it there and I hate having to leave to come home. I've been there twice.

I have a few dream vacations: California, Australia/New Zealand, England/Scotland, Hong Kong, Japan and Tibet. I'd love to see everywhere, obviously, but those places would be glorious.

Sorry I couldn't give you a direct answer, but maybe I can come back to this one day when I've seen more of the world. :)
Wish you the best of luck my friend... [emoji41]

Yeah, very strange. At least with AHS, though, it's still going and there will most likely be a second line... with hopefully more Coven characters.

They will probably only do freak show ones now. I don't know how they make the decisions, it's odd sometimes

p.s. Thanks for sorting the futurepaks listings I have added some more pictures :)

They will probably only do freak show ones now. I don't know how they make the decisions, it's odd sometimes

p.s. Thanks for sorting the futurepaks listings I have added some more pictures :)

Their decisions are very odd sometimes. Some of the most absurd franchises get full POP lines while truly beloved ones get half-lines. At least they released all four Ghostbusters. I'm surprised that they didn't leave out Winston.

And you're welcome! :)

Reactions: Flash