Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) (40th Anniversary Blu-ray Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: November 28th , 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £19.99

14203146_819568701510898_1910691267492668263_n.jpg

ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 40TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET released November 28th.
With newly commissioned artwork by Martin Ansin this strictly limited edition box will feature a host of extras, the soundtrack CD and 5 art cards.

EXTRAS:
  • Return to Precinct 13: A new interview with Actor Austin Stoker
  • Producing Precinct 13: A new interview with Executive Producer Joseph Kaufman
  • Filmmaking with John: A new interview with Art Director and Sound Effects Designer Lee Wallace
  • ‘Captain Voyeur’: John Carpenter student short
  • Do You Remember Laurie Zimmer
  • Interview with John Carpenter and Austin Stoker
  • The Sassy One with Nancy Loomis
  • Audio Commentary with John Carpenter
  • Audio Commentary with Tommy Lee Wallace
  • Trailer
  • Radio Spots
  • 5 Art Cards exclusive to box set
  • Bonus CD soundtrack disc exclusive to box set
  • English Subtitles for the Hard of Hearing
  • Feature presented in newly restored 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio and Uncompressed PCM original mono audio options
  • The release will be available to pre-order from Amazon and other outlets within the next few days and will also be released on DVD. Region B/2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for this! We really need more Carpenter films over here... even if someone could sweet talk Shout/Scream Factory into releasing some of their awesome looking Carpenter releases in the UK! :drool:

Joseph Kaufman, Executive Producer of ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 recently interviewed for our November '40th Anniversary' release. More details coming soon including a special limited edition announcement...

13880299_802010456600056_8922376061689926810_n.jpg

It is about time UK got a version of this. Intrigued as to what they're planning now. I have the German mediabook too (out of necessity more than anything else)

Second Sight Facebook
JOHN CARPENTER EXCLUSIVE!

We are extremely grateful to the University of Southern California’s School of Cinematic Arts and archivist Dino Everett for allowing us access to John Carpenter’s early student film ‘Captain Voyeur’ which will appear on our forthcoming Blu-ray release, ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13.

On discovering the film Everett said, 'At first it seemed like Captain Voyeur was going to be a class exercise with no title cards to identify it as Carpenter’s work but, event...ually, a hand written title card came up."

“About a third of the way though the film, there was this hand written, ‘Written and Directed by John Carpenter. You couldn’t ask for a better representation of a first student film. Captain Voyeur has many of the themes as Carpenter’s later work including masked faces, obsession and even comedic set pieces."

“In my head I hoped it would be a magical tie to Halloween,” said Everett. “He’s not a killer but he’s a voyeur. In a sense, it shows what Michael Myers was in the beginning of Halloween. The two films make a natural line.”

Full spec details will be published next week.

14184423_815469078587527_5707922387926594058_n.jpg

Second Sight Facebook
JOHN CARPENTER EXCLUSIVE!

We are extremely grateful to the University of Southern California’s School of Cinematic Arts and archivist Dino Everett for allowing us access to John Carpenter’s early student film ‘Captain Voyeur’ which will appear on our forthcoming Blu-ray release, ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13.

On discovering the film Everett said, 'At first it seemed like Captain Voyeur was going to be a class exercise with no title cards to identify it as Carpenter’s work but, event...ually, a hand written title card came up."

“About a third of the way though the film, there was this hand written, ‘Written and Directed by John Carpenter. You couldn’t ask for a better representation of a first student film. Captain Voyeur has many of the themes as Carpenter’s later work including masked faces, obsession and even comedic set pieces."

“In my head I hoped it would be a magical tie to Halloween,” said Everett. “He’s not a killer but he’s a voyeur. In a sense, it shows what Michael Myers was in the beginning of Halloween. The two films make a natural line.”

Full spec details will be published next week.

View attachment 262525
That's a cool extra, I always thought his first film was Dark Star!

That's a cool extra, I always thought his first film was Dark Star!
Dark Star was his first feature Film as a Director (1974)

Captain Voyeur is a 8-minute short film he wrote and directed while he was doing a film course at USC Cinema his first student film from (1969)

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Dark Star was his first feature Film as a Director (1974)

Captain Voyeur is a 8-minute short film he wrote and directed while he was doing a film course at USC Cinema his first student film from (1969)
Thanks Paul, that will be an interesting bonus feature!:)

Slip artwork and specs from Second Sight Films facebook, looks like this will be a real nice release.

AssaultOnPrecinct13.jpg

ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 40TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET released November 28th.
With newly commissioned artwork by Martin Ansin this strictly limited edition box will feature a host of extras, the soundtrack CD and 5 art cards.
EXTRAS;

• Filmmaking with John: A new interview with Art Director and Sound Effects Designer Lee Wallace
  • Trailer
  • Radio Spots
  • Feature presented in newly restored 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio and Uncompressed PCM original mono audio options
  • The release will be available to pre-order from Amazon and other outlets within the next few days and will also be released on DVD. Region B/2.

Slip artwork and specs from Second Sight Films facebook, looks like this will be a real nice release.

View attachment 263943

EXTRAS;

• Trailer
  • Radio Spots
Definitely in for this! Great artwork (I love Ansin's stuff).

Nice edition! Both the German mediabook and Shout are also nice...great film deserves great releases!

Instant Pre Order I won't be picking Free Shipping with this order with Amazon UK
This is one release I must have

I have though major issues with Amazon UK at the moment
If your based in Rep Of Ireland and choose free shipping you might not get delivery as in lost in post or it will be delivered late as can take 2-3 weeks before your order arrives and high risk arrive damaged
Amazon UK have decided to use Carrier Asendia if you choose free shipping they are a disaster as a Carrier
I requested they not use them they replied they won't change carrier for free shipping and suggested to pay for shipping if you want to avoid them using Asendia

Zavvi with Second Sight releases lot of times they don't get delivery because the miss the cut off date to send in orders and Second Sight then cancel their order and they have to re send an order after release date and lot of times not enough stock is available after release date so it's hit and miss if you get your order delivered

Really only left with if your based in Rep of Ireland pre ordering from Amazon and not choosing free shipping to make sure you get delivery and in reasonable time period

Last edited:
I have though major issues with Amazon UK at the moment
If your based in Rep Of Ireland and choose free shipping you might not get delivery as in lost in post or it will be delivered late as can take 2-3 weeks before your order arrives and high risk arrive damaged

I live in Belfast and I have had problems with Amazon with very very late deliveries, neighbours telling me they'd got my item by mistake or parcels just being dumped on the front door step and couldn't figure out what was going on. this has been going on for about a month. One day I saw the courier. It's wasn't Royal Mail who have always delivered my parcels. It was Yodel. Never seen them round my way before. My heart sank.