Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) (40th Anniversary Blu-ray Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: November 28th , 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £19.99

14203146_819568701510898_1910691267492668263_n.jpg

ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 40TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET released November 28th.
With newly commissioned artwork by Martin Ansin this strictly limited edition box will feature a host of extras, the soundtrack CD and 5 art cards.

EXTRAS:
  • Return to Precinct 13: A new interview with Actor Austin Stoker
  • Producing Precinct 13: A new interview with Executive Producer Joseph Kaufman
  • Filmmaking with John: A new interview with Art Director and Sound Effects Designer Lee Wallace
  • ‘Captain Voyeur’: John Carpenter student short
  • Do You Remember Laurie Zimmer
  • Interview with John Carpenter and Austin Stoker
  • The Sassy One with Nancy Loomis
  • Audio Commentary with John Carpenter
  • Audio Commentary with Tommy Lee Wallace
  • Trailer
  • Radio Spots
  • 5 Art Cards exclusive to box set
  • Bonus CD soundtrack disc exclusive to box set
  • English Subtitles for the Hard of Hearing
  • Feature presented in newly restored 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio and Uncompressed PCM original mono audio options
  • The release will be available to pre-order from Amazon and other outlets within the next few days and will also be released on DVD. Region B/2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Amazon, where's my copy!!!!!! :wow:
Phone up your local hmv or fopp store, and if they still have it then resrve a copy. Then, if Amazon haven't dispatched yours yet and you can still cancel then do. Then go pick up the one you reserved at hmv or fopp - job done, copy attained. I've done this a few times with stuff that i really wanted but was discontinued. Even my story with this set os a bit of a farce, but got my pristine copy in the end.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ashisarobot
Phone up your local hmv or fopp store, and if they still have it then resrve a copy. Then, if Amazon haven't dispatched yours yet and you can still cancel then do. Then go pick up the one you reserved at hmv or fopp - job done, copy attained. I've done this a few times with stuff that i really wanted but was discontinued. Even my story with this set os a bit of a farce, but got my pristine copy in the end.

Cheers @Vegano !
Dispatched four days ago, just being impatient I hope! :wow:

Just watched this... I forgot how dumb most of it was. Still very entertaining though! :D

Haha, DON'T SAY THAT, I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET! I am looking forward to it though......regardless. The music alone........JESUS!!
Don't worry... if you like Carpenter, then I'm sure you'll like this! I've seen dumber movies, but some of the decisions the characters make in this are quite laughable. :LOL:

But yeah, the soundtrack is awesome! So glad they included it with this edition... I'm still actually tempted to pick it up on vinyl though. :D

Don't worry... if you like Carpenter, then I'm sure you'll like this! I've seen dumber movies, but some of the decisions the characters make in this are quite laughable. :LOL:

But yeah, the soundtrack is awesome! So glad they included it with this edition... I'm still actually tempted to pick it up on vinyl though. :D
Yeah, the soundtrack unbelievable! I played the music video link, that virkia put up a while back, yesterday, and since then it has not left my head! Over and over it goes........haha! On another note though, i remember when they played this at the cinema on a double bill with Carpenters "Halloween"............todays moviegoers? They missed a special time, that's all i can say! Anyway, i'm sure i won't be let down by this, most, if not all, of Carpenters movies of that era do it for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah, the soundtrack unbelievable! I played the music video link, that virkia put up a while back, yesterday, and since then it has not left my head! Over and over it goes........haha! On another note though, i remember when they played this at the cinema on a double bill with Carpenters "Halloween"............todays moviegoers? They missed a special time, that's all i can say! Anyway, i'm sure i won't be let down by this, most, if not all, of Carpenters movies of that era do it for me.
Haha, it is a pretty catchy soundtrack to be fair. :D

That sounds like it would've been awesome to experience. I wish I could've been there!

I didn't see this film for the first time until a few years ago, so it's definitely something that can still be enjoyed even today. Do let us know what you think once you've seen it though. :)

Haha, it is a pretty catchy soundtrack to be fair. :D

That sounds like it would've been awesome to experience. I wish I could've been there!

I didn't see this film for the first time until a few years ago, so it's definitely something that can still be enjoyed even today. Do let us know what you think once you've seen it though. :)
Yeah, Those days were something else - double bills playing nation wide of exploitation, action and horror movies. I remember my local cinema in particular playing double bills like "The Excircist" with "Friday the 13th". Or "Enter the Dragon" with "Rollerball"........... Stuff like that just won't happen anymore, certainly not on a frequent basis. Anyway, yeah sure, i will let you know what i think when i finally get to watch it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Worth every penny at £19.99

The packaging - digipack and slipcase with art cards is very nicely done.

Just watched this, very good film, hadn't seen it in such a long time, it is a classic.

Good sound and quality picture, extras are ok but some poor quality recording at one of the interviews with Austin and Carpenter, one very amateur audience member must have recorded it, apart from that its an easy buy.

I don't mind the design of the cover because its different and original.
Yeah, i agree. I like it when they come up with artwork thats different to what we're used to seeing, and i think that it's appropriate on this release.