Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 19, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $41.99

Last edited:
Hahaha... spine title like for Avatar 2.
So we have two same movies. >.<
So before BB goes they'll release content with sh*t release. Makes sense. >.<

Wish they’d put this content in the Steelbook, though I have no idea if the extended/special edition are better than the original, since I haven’t seen either version.

Wish they’d put this content in the Steelbook, though I have no idea if the extended/special edition are better than the original, since I haven’t seen either version.
SteelBook is just the Theatrical Cut
Same 3 discs as previous 4K release

If you want edition with all 3 versions of the Film as in have Theatrical/Special/Extended cuts you need to get the 4 disc Digipack Collector’s Edition release

Thread link below

• Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro and Lionet
I'm going to get this steelbook and put the collector's extended cut in it by replacing the theatrical cut disc.

Annoying that version won't come with atmos though.

Definitely pass that one if it's true. Perfer BD with Atmos than 4K and no Atmos.
Though since it's Disney having Atmos means nothing since their work is very poor and that experince is worse.
So i may do exception with this one.

Definitely pass that one if it's true. Perfer BD with Atmos than 4K and no Atmos.
Though since it's Disney having Atmos means nothing since their work is very poor and that experince is worse.
So i may do exception with this one.
Huh? The blu-ray doesn't have atmos either. This is disney we're talking about lol They've never put atmos on a blu-ray.

All 3 cuts are on the 4K disc via seamless branching, but only the theatrical has an atmos track. The other 2 have the existing DTS HD MA 5.1 tracks.

This isn't pants disney atmos btw, it's Cameron's. The quality is evident to anyone who's watched either Avatar in 4K already.

That's the only positive side, but even that isn't guarantee. We already know what happened with T2, The Abyss looks to suffer same fate... But audio should suffer same fate. I'd be totally ok with DTS HD-MA. But having ATMOS on theatrical and not others makes 0 sense.
DV, Atmos and 100GB discs are exception and we won't see them on Disney regular releases. So they'll go with their usual stuff...

Not that I'm against a title on the front (obvs prefer it usually), it's just aggravating this has one and way of water doesn't..