Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 31st, 2016
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_8958.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
or just wait for the 4k re-release wave. we all know they will come at some point :p

4K isn't even that great in my opinion. I've got a 2 grand 4K 3D Samsung and the only film I've ever thought wow , that looks great was the Revenant.

It's a waste of money in my opinion and unless releases start coming standard with a 4K disc for the same price or say £2-3 more then it's not worth it for me

Essential release to join all the other similarly themed lenticular steelbooks from late 2015 to late 2016 numbering 18 to date . . . by my reckoning (and with the help of a memory jog :thumbs:)
U.K. "comic book" lenti steelbooks (to date):-
1) IRON MAN
2) IRON MAN 2
3) IRON MAN 3
4) THOR
5) THOR 2
6) CAP AMERICA
7) CAP AMERICA 2
8) GUARDANS OF THE GALAXY
9) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
10) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
11) HULK
12) THE INCREDIBLE HULK
13) ANT-MAN
14) AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
15) SPIDER-MAN
16) SPIDER-MAN 2
17) SPIDER-MAN 3

18) Not forgetting the one that started it all AVENGER ASSEMBLE

Some just plain awful with no thought given to the size of the image on the lenti compared to the size of the image on the steelbook coupled with alignment issues (we all know the culprits) with others acceptable and a few really quite good.
Fingers crossed for superb top quality magnets on all the 2016 editions . . .

UHD TVs vs. HD TVs: clip may be a bit behind especially regarding no mention of existing true UHD discs (with about 55 already released - from April of this year - or about to be released).
http://www.techradar.com/news/television/ultra-hd-everything-you-need-to-know-about-4k-tv-1048954

Last edited:
Your missing one

But I'll leave you do your normal research to figure it out

Essential release to join all the other similarly themed lenticular steelbooks from late 2015 to late 2016 (numbering 17 to date . . . by my reckoning)
1) IRON MAN
2) IRON MAN 2
3) IRON MAN 3
4) THOR
5) THOR 2
6) CAP AMERICA
7) CAP AMERICA 2
9) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
10) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
11) HULK
12) THE INCREDIBLE HULK
13) ANT-MAN
15) SPIDER-MAN
16) SPIDER-MAN 2
17) SPIDER-MAN 3
Your missing one that started it all :LOL:
It was from Zavvi the first lenticular marvel release they had

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Essential release to join all the other similarly themed lenticular steelbooks from late 2015 to late 2016 numbering 18 to date . . . by my reckoning (and with the help of a memory jog :thumbs:)
1) IRON MAN
2) IRON MAN 2
3) IRON MAN 3
4) THOR
5) THOR 2
6) CAP AMERICA
7) CAP AMERICA 2
9) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
10) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
11) HULK
12) THE INCREDIBLE HULK
13) ANT-MAN
15) SPIDER-MAN
16) SPIDER-MAN 2
17) SPIDER-MAN 3

18) Not forgetting the one that started it all AVENGER ASSEMBLE

Some just plain awful with no thought given to the size of the image on the lenti compared to the size of the image on the steelbook coupled with alignment issues (we all know the culprits) with others acceptable and a few really quite good.
Fingers crossed for superb top quality magnets on all the 2016 editions . . .

UHD TVs vs. HD TVs: clip may be a bit behind especially regarding no mention of existing true UHD discs (with about 55 already released - from April of this year - or about to be released).
http://www.techradar.com/news/television/ultra-hd-everything-you-need-to-know-about-4k-tv-1048954

Damn ! It will never end haha. In a year or so we will all be buying 4K steelbooks of movies we already own on Blu ray. Then another couple of years we will Do the same for 8k :0

I can just see it now. by the time I'm 25 I'll have like 5 grands worth of steelbooks sat in my garage with the value of a Bag of sweets EEK! !

It's a good job the majority of us aren't in it for the money lol

Damn ! It will never end haha. In a year or so we will all be buying 4K steelbooks of movies we already own on Blu ray. l
It's almost exactly what I'm doing now . . . maybe already own 90% of the Blu-rays in blue plastic or other colour plastic / digipack / giftset packaging that I later buy in metal packaging (steelbooks / futurepacks / tins) and I wouldn't have it any other way :)
Unsurprisingly, UHD discs can cost up to 25 quid each which will come as no surprise to those like myself who've been buying Blu-rays from the very beginning when it wasn't unusual for titles to cost between 25 and 30 quid EEK!. Goes without saying that prices will drop as prices of regular Blu-rays have done over the years . . .

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lewis Watts
4K isn't even that great in my opinion. I've got a 2 grand 4K 3D Samsung and the only film I've ever thought wow , that looks great was the Revenant.

It's a waste of money in my opinion and unless releases start coming standard with a 4K disc for the same price or say £2-3 more then it's not worth it for me

The Martian was also awesome in 4K.

BTW, transferring a film to blu-ray disc and printing art on it costs around £1.00 per unit (because of the units manufactured) + around £2-3 for the content itself. Plastic amaray box costs next to nothing - less than £1, I'm positive. We are all overpaying for this crap because we love films and we are collectors (not counting scalpers). The main reason blu-ray films are so expensive because of at least 400% profit margin on them. I have yet to see a newly released film to cost less than £15 and I don't mean re-releases.

It's the same thing with 4K transfers. They cost a bit more but not more than £3.00 per unit. Everything else cost roughly the same.

If retailers would be a bit more considerate and not just thinking of very high profits to stuff their pockets with, we would all enjoy this collector stuff that much more. I would gladly buy a newly released film (current films in cinemas) on blu-ray for £15 but that will probably never happen unless I wait for a price drop and hope it's not going to sell out.

Sorry for ranting. My soul is cleansed :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lewis Watts
Well, at least one is bound to come in stock, as I cancelled mine. Having the "original" and a wallet that is near suicide, I just can't buy this. Not at this price.
I'm still hoping it returns in stock and will remain there for some time for a nice price drop (like some of the other Marvel entis).

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Well, at least one is bound to come in stock, as I cancelled mine. Having the "original" and a wallet that is near suicide, I just can't buy this. Not at this price.
I'm still hoping it returns in stock and will remain there for some time for a nice price drop (like some of the other Marvel entis).

I think this might be the exception to coming back into stock for long,( unlike some of the other marvels) just because this is the first uk release to get a spine title for this film.

I'm getting it cos I really like the artwork as I did for iron man and captain america lenti editions but I skipped all the others.. I can live without spine titles if I have to but when I really like the artwork I have to go for it just in case it doesn't come back into stock.. I would have definitely preferred the price to be £19.99 though but I did manage to use the code for this one and am paying £22.49 but I wasn't so lucky with ant man and missed the code.

• Thanks
Reactions: Raimi
I think this might be the exception to coming back into stock for long,( unlike some of the other marvels) just because this is the first uk release to get a spine title for this film.

I'm getting it cos I really like the artwork as I did for iron man and captain america lenti editions but I skipped all the others.. I can live without spine titles if I have to but when I really like the artwork I have to go for it just in case it doesn't come back into stock.. I would have definitely preferred the price to be £19.99 though but I did manage to use the code for this one and am paying £22.49 but I wasn't so lucky with ant man and missed the code.

I agree with you. That's why I don't really mind cancelling this, because I like the artwork from the first release, as it goes well with my Avengers movie that has a similar art. While I find this Ultron artwork very very nice, it's not a total loss if I miss it.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk