Avengers Assemble (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Lenticular) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 6 May 30 April, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers Assemble (SOLD OUT)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Lenticular magnet cover, debossed border, embossed title, matte finish

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

pic1.gif
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping this is going to be the long mooted extended cut, Whedon himself said there's a cut about half hour longer that would eventually get released....

That would be amazing, but i once read that he said he wouldn't be releasing it although I did read that before avengers hit the cinema so fingers crossed he's changed his mind.

Reactions: Bagman99
This was announced the same day as Bugs Life and The Incredibles and we had artwork the very next day. Why on earth is this artwork taking so long? Why don't they just release info on a steel with a picture in the first place? What's the point of making an announcement without artwork?

This was announced the same day as Bugs Life and The Incredibles and we had artwork the very next day. Why on earth is this artwork taking so long? Why don't they just release info on a steel with a picture in the first place? What's the point of making an announcement without artwork?
The Crow SteelBook was announced on November 5th and we're still waiting on art for that one!

Reactions: Frshcoupe

Because it's Disney and they are a bunch of ******* when it comes to things like image rights

Reactions: Frshcoupe

To be fair Zavvi haven't announced this to the public yet, if they put this up for pre order without artwork then I'll be pissed

I'd assume they meant the title, not the movie.

That's also assuming this release has Avengers Assemble on it rather than The Avengers. I really think now is the chance to put the US title on (even though the movie will still say Avengers Assemble - unless it's a different transfer). It's an online exclusive, so it doesn't need to be 'right' on shop shelves, and it's seemingly a Zavvi exclusive so there's no issue with other countries.

Zavvi could simply list it as Avengers Assemble in the text, and even have it on the J-card, but have The Avengers printed on the spine (like the Spanish version of Maleficent). I'm not too woried about what artwork they use on the front and back as I'll just swap the front and back plates over if the HMV one is better.

Well, hopefully we get to see some artwork soon. Has Zavvi done a lenticular before? Pretty interesting that they're doing a lenti for Avengers, I would've never guessed it. Seems like Zavvi is trying to start 2015 off in a big way with their recent announcements! Let's pray Disney doesn't give them a hard time with artwork and we get something new and fresh.

I have a feeling there going to recycle the original artowrk without a title on it and just add a lenticular.
Really hoping for something different though.

I think this one will have a title on the spine and front IF it is a uk only release like the recent Zavvi thor and CA re-releases, and like thor and CA think it will just have the amaray artwork.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 143