• It's pretty good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Well, I guess it could be worse.

• It's a big, steaming p.o.s.

• Hated the "twist", but I'm willing to stick it out & hope for the best.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It's awesome!

• It's pretty good.

• It's okay.

• It's awesome!

• It's pretty good.

• It's okay.

• Total voters

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
avengers-vs-x-men.jpg

So, what do you think? My opinion is that it started off very strong, but with the big "twist" at the end of issue #5, I now have a horribly sour taste in my mouth. With Marvel's solicitations for issue #11 and #12 showing that the "twist" isn't going anywhere, I'm not feeling too keen in regards to finishing this mini-series that I was once excited for.

Attachments

• avx.jpg
    avx.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not reading the side issues, only the main issues I finished 4 a fews ago and haven't read #5 yet. To be honest I could tell that is not keeping the same quality. I would be happy if cyclops ceases to exist, he is so blind by his own agenda is maddening.

Avengers vs. X-Men Discussion Thread

Just figured I'd give it its own thread ....

Here is what I currently have...

DSCN2414.JPG

So far I'm up to round 4, I have #5 and will go tomorrow to my comic shop to get #6 (hopefully the Thor variant). So far I just think that xmen can't see the bigger picture, Scott is too close to the problem to see things clear.

Have all of them as eComics at the moment, even the variants. I don't have any on paperback yet though. Been meaning to get out and buy them though.

IMG_0049.png

IMG_0050.png

IMG_0051.png

IMG_0052.png

IMG_0053.png

IMG_0055.png

IMG_0056.png

IMG_0057.png

IMG_0058.png

IMG_0059.png

In case anyone is curious, I use ComicGlass now which seems to be the best eComic reader for the iPad, and yes...I tried them all.

Can someone explain to me why the variants are so expensive? For example I was looking to get some of the variant covers last night and found out that Round 5 with Scarlet Witch on the cover without the color it was something like 187 compared to the regular version.

Even that Round 3 Variant above without the colors was super expensive. Any ideas?

Variants tend to be a little bit more pricey. This is because there is a limited run on Variants compared to the standard covers. Due to this fact, after time the Variants would be worth more than the regular covers. It also depends on the print run for the Variant. Sometimes it's 1:100 ration and sometimes less or sometimes more.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/19744/ :p

But hey, it's not like it's some small series or anything! It's Avengers and X-Men! Two threads it is! :hilarious:

lol didnt see ... will have to merge later.

I would like to see pics of all the variants and issues ... cuz im so confused by all. I was at one point thinking of trying to obtain all for htis series. But I dont wanna spend an arm and leg doing it either lol.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

my 2 variants came from a comic-con ... one was $5 and the other I think maybe $9

lol didnt see ... will have to merge later.

I would like to see pics of all the variants and issues ... cuz im so confused by all. I was at one point thinking of trying to obtain all for htis series. But I dont wanna spend an arm and leg doing it either lol.

Go to Midtown Comics and search for Avengers vs Xmen and you can see all the variants for each round.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Variants tend to be a little bit more pricey. This is because there is a limited run on Variants compared to the standard covers. Due to this fact, after time the Variants would be worth more than the regular covers. It also depends on the print run for the Variant. Sometimes it's 1:100 ration and sometimes less or sometimes more.

Yeah the ones I saw were 1:200, damn it now I want them!!! lol

Although I am not paying 187 for a comic book. :p At least that's what I say now.

Go to Midtown Comics and search for Avengers vs Xmen and you can see all the variants for each round.

Holy crap, they have a lot of variants. I don't see a need to own every variant though. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't pay more than $100 on a comic book unless it was a signed edition or variant but that's just me.

Yeah, as Marvel does with all of their big summer events, each issue of Avengers vs. X-Men is LOADED with variant covers. That said, if anyone is interested in the variants of the later issues at a cheaper price, check out Discount Comic Book Service. I always buy my variants from them because they're a lot cheaper than eBay or my lcbs.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

If anyone is reading this digitally, what do you think of the Infinite issues? I freakin' love them! They're so innovative and being that they're written by Mark Waid, they're a good read, too! :oohyeah:

Yeah, as Marvel does with all of their big summer events, each issue of Avengers vs. X-Men is LOADED with variant covers. That said, if anyone is interested in the variants of the later issues at a cheaper price, check out Discount Comic Book Service. I always buy my variants from them because they're a lot cheaper than eBay or my lcbs.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

If anyone is reading this digitally, what do you think of the Infinite issues? I freakin' love them! They're so innovative and being that they're written by Mark Waid, they're a good read, too! :oohyeah:

The only Infinite issue I have at the moment is Round 6. It reads beautifully in ComicGlass. With the iPad 3's Retina Display it's an awesome experience. :oohyeah:

The only Infinite issue I have at the moment is Round 6. It reads beautifully in ComicGlass. With the iPad 3's Retina Display it's an awesome experience. :oohyeah:

I can only imagine! EEK!

There's only been two Infinite issues so far. The one starring Cyclops that was attached to AvX #6 and the one starring Nova that was attached to issue #1. The Nova one was SICK!!! :scat:

ok, I will check it out later while at home. I get the physical copies because I get digital codes too. Only comic I've been buying on an app is Invincible Iron Man. Anyways, back on topic. I'll check those Infinite comics when I am home.

ok, I will check it out later while at home. I get the physical copies because I get digital codes too. Only comic I've been buying on an app is Invincible Iron Man. Anyways, back on topic. I'll check those Infinite comics when I am home.

Technically still on topic as the Infinite issues are exclusive to AvX. But since you have the digital versions that came with the physical issues, you should have the Infinite comics attached to those (for issues #1 and #6). ;)