paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 28, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £14.99 (HMV - Amazon) - £15.99 (Zavvi)

11487305-7414491058252719.jpg

Last edited:
Did the figure edition come with the steel?

I ordered mine from amazon UK, says its arriving tuesay, was sent yesterday, hopefully be here before monday.

But will it come from the right warehouse with the white box?

I don't know as orders could be shipped from various warehouses
Only the Guernsey warehouse uses the Zavvi white boxes

I ordered from HMV this morning instead after I had payment problem email from Zavvi
My Hmv order has been shipped

My Zavvi order was sent from the Guernsey warehouse in new style of box that seems a little thicker where the actual steelbook sits, hopefully they'll implement them across the other warehouses too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I had that packaging this morning with the Game Steelbook it's very similar to the previous white box but possibly is better won't know that until someone get a steelbook and arrives damaged

My Game steelbook was also shipped from Guernsey warehouse

None of the other Zavvi warehouses have ever used the white boxes so don't get your hopes up on them using them now

I had 2 other steelbook orders in past 2 months they was shipped in very basic cardboard mailer and was shipped from Holland and Sweden

The 3 separate orders I got delivery today all came from Guernsey warehouse
Shipped on Monday 21st delivered Friday 25th
1 Steelbook and 2 Slipcover Blu-ray releases

Majority of my orders in past 2 months beside today's deliveries was shipped from Sweden and not from Guernsey warehouse

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
I had that packaging this morning with the Game Steelbook it's very similar to the previous white box but possibly is better won't know that until someone get a steelbook and arrives damaged

My Game steelbook was also shipped from Guernsey warehouse

None of the other Zavvi warehouses have ever used the white boxes so don't get your hopes up on them using them now

I had 2 other steelbook orders in past 2 months they was shipped in very basic cardboard mailer and was shipped from Holland and Sweden

The 3 separate orders I got delivery today all came from Guernsey warehouse
Shipped on Monday 21st delivered Friday 25th
1 Steelbook and 2 Slipcover Blu-ray releases

Majority of my orders in past 2 months beside today's deliveries was shipped from Sweden and not from Guernsey warehouse
Yeah, it's very similar but it feels like the smaller inside piece offers a bit more stability over the usual slightly oversized boxes.

I received a damaged steelbook last week from Warrington in a card mailer, so seeing the change made me wonder if it might have been done to standardise things across the other warehouses, I know it's not very likely though. That would be too sensible :p

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Yes, back available with all the retailers in the OP . . . £14.99 at Amazon and HMV . . . £15.99 at Zavvi (same as KILLING JOKE for example)
BATMAN VS. TWO-FACE @ £17.99 is . . .
2ic1kq0.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, mine came today from HMV in new style packaging (wraparound thick card with an extra inner removable white card wrap . . . at least, new to me).

Pretty, pretty steelbook with perfectly laid out artwork, zero finish and very effective use of metallic reflections in the middleground and background . . . cool they've gone even further and created the same sheen effect to some of the larger windows to give the impression of lights on inside.
Benefit of this particular finish - as opposed to a different finish - is that subtle effects are possible, brightness is still maintained, the colours still 'pop' to an acceptable degree plus you have the added 3D effect separating the three characters from the backdrop
Lovely. 9/10

Other views:-
DIi5v9jUQAAijuj.jpg:large

DIi5waDUIAAwXFy.jpg:large

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone