Bayonetta: Bloody Fate (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

ALK

Aug 4, 2012
Purchase: Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
Release: November 24, 2014
Price: £29.56

You wait so long for a new Manga Steelbook then 3 come in 1 year. XD

image.jpg

There will be a steelbook edition of Bayonetta: Bloody Fate, released on November 24.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2014-08-09/manga-entertainment-podcast/.77474

That'll go nicely with the Wii U sequel. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived this afternoon, and I must say it is SERIOUSLY nice, with a heavy matte finish that borders on gloss much like Arrow's Beyond steelbook. I wish all matte steels were this good. Great art with the back being even better than the front, and a nudge up the ratings ladder from 15 to 18 cert.

LOVE the 'back' :giggle: Steelbook looks great:thumbs:

Reactions: psychoscot
So what's the feature actually like? Cuz the trailer honestly just looks like the first game. I'd rather play it than watch it as the story is pure open-mouth dribble.

btw for those wonderin about the anime itself, manga uk recommend it for those of u like myself who prefer the old-skool "video nasty" type anime :cool: that is to say classic anime from before the genre was taken over by flaccid executives and repackaged for teenage sissys lol

well i better shut up and just link this which if u know what talkin about i'm sure u'll appreciate :thumbs: :cool: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Official Unboxing Video (along with regular DVD edition) :) @psychoscot looks like Manga also felt the back art clda worked on the front as the DVD has reservable artwork. However imo steelbook looks great anyway and I look forward to picking mine up! :hungry:

I seriously can't grumble the finish is exceptionally good for a matte steel, and the art on both sides is great with some nice bare metal touches here and there. I've paid more from Zavvi for a lot less quality. Still not wathed it yet but since the reviews have been good and I loved the game it should be a hoot.

Reactions: SaberTooth
I want to grab this one pretty bad, but being in Canada I'm always worried about region locking. Based on Ninja Scroll I'd assume all the Manga company steels are locked but can I get a conformation on it please? It would be awesome if I didn't have to grab this one twice :D

Finally ordered this the other day.

£17-98 with the anime and manga 10% discount and the 10% off in stock steelbooks (very surprised they work together)

p.s. Psychoscot, thanks for the pics, and what is the title in the background to the right with the orange spine?
Please would you let me know?

Finally ordered this the other day.

£17-98 with the anime and manga 10% discount and the 10% off in stock steelbooks (very surprised they work together)

p.s. Psychoscot, thanks for the pics, and what is the title in the background to the right with the orange spine?
Please would you let me know?

LOL next to Firefly? It's Hansel and Gretel Korean version :D

Cheers mate,

I thought it said Hansel and Gretel in tiny lettering, but I just didn't recognize it. Looks good :}

I've got the French one, is the Korean front and back art different?

Slip is metallic silver and covers the spine, back and top of the steel, lettering is red although for some reason on the photo it looks brownish. Steel is the same as the UK version, matte with embossed gloss lettering and the characters are gloss too. Also includes the 3D disc which the UK one doesn't. It's not very expensive, I picked it up on eBay for £25 as BIN from Asiansteelz.

Very nice.

Didn't know any had been issued with a slip.

Got to be worth getting for the 3D alone.

I'm supposed to be reforming, but I'll have to look out for a copy.

Thanks for the post and the pics mate :) :thumbs:

P.s. Didn't know you collected lasers as well - me too, but have always missed out on an original cut restored Star Wars trilogy amongst others.

Last edited:
Very nice.

Didn't know any had been issued with a slip.

Got to be worth getting for the 3D alone.

I'm supposed to be reforming, but I'll have to look out for a copy.

Thanks for the post and the pics mate :) :thumbs:

P.s. Didn't know you collected lasers as well - me too, but have always missed out on an original cut restored Star Wars trilogy amongst others.

Cheers mate, no worries, yeah the 3D is actually very good on that release and worth picking up.

haha yeah I still buy the odd one or two. Used to be a heavy collector of lasers in the days before DVD took off. Never managed to get the original trilogy set before the tinkering, just the first box set of the remastered versions before the onslaught of further tinkering. Watched the original trilogy set on auction recently and it went for over 300 on eBay which was way out my price range lol

Cheers mate, no worries, yeah the 3D is actually very good on that release and worth picking up.

haha yeah I still buy the odd one or two. Used to be a heavy collector of lasers in the days before DVD took off. Never managed to get the original trilogy set before the tinkering, just the first box set of the remastered versions before the onslaught of further tinkering. Watched the original trilogy set on auction recently and it went for over 300 on eBay which was way out my price range lol

I didn't actually get my first LD player until the end of 98 - when LD was pretty much finished. I got a CLD-D515 and 35 discs for about £200 quid, then bought loads from America, and Sweden of all places - there was a guy there who sold loads on fleabay at one time. I think there's about 300 or so, a good few still sealed - then like you DVD started taking of and I converted.

I've only got the original Star Wars in it's original release LD but not the second and third (or 5 and 6 as they call them now)
Couldn't run to 300 quid either. I have been promising to search out one of those DVD box sets of the original trilogy remastered but untinkered - as it should be for my money :) They come in a lot cheaper last I saw
Last LD I watched was Alanis Morissette Jagged Little Pill Live - picture is pretty good all things considered, but the sound is still bloody amazing.

Ah, happy days :)

Slip is metallic silver and covers the spine, back and top of the steel, lettering is red although for some reason on the photo it looks brownish. Steel is the same as the UK version, matte with embossed gloss lettering and the characters are gloss too. Also includes the 3D disc which the UK one doesn't. It's not very expensive, I picked it up on eBay for £25 as BIN from Asiansteelz.

Just to point out that is the Taiwan version, not Korea. :smuggrin: